Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

💎 Hypo's Ore Jamboree! 💎

Hypotemabus

Slicer
Hail Lokans!

I find myself in need of a truly hilarious quantity of silk touched ore blocks of various kinds for a passion project I am working on.

Some folks may say “dude grind resource islands” but frankly it is taking too long and that would just be too normal.

Instead! I am going to drop every single core I have on buying as many silk touched ore blocks Loka can sell me!

Given the silliness of this and the quantities I am looking to buy, I feel it is only right if we turn this into an event and offer prize incentives!

Big Quota Prize!
The player who sells me the most orders of any kind of Ore blocks over all will receive:

🏆 A Lored Trophy with the signiture of the first player ever to hold World Capital. 🏆

Miners Raffle!
The top 10 players to sell me the most Ores of any/all kinds will be entered into a prize draw with two prizes up for grabs!

Raffle Prize 1
💀 The Player Head and Blood of the first World Capital owner 💀

Raffle Prize 2
⛏️ A Lored Pickaxe ⛏️

I will count up every order filled and post periodic scoreboard updates for the top ore sellers!

How to enter:

Simply go to the market Ore Chest at spawn and navigate to the "Sell Ore Blocks" section tab on the right. Collect as many silk touched ore blocks as you can from resource islands and bring them to me for shards! and a chance to win!

1716853245324.png

Questions and Answers:

Q: Dude!? How many cores do you have!?
A: Enough

Q: What on earth do you need all these ore blocks for!?
A: It sparkles and delights! I must have them for my nest!

Q: Can you answer a Q&A seriously?
A: No ✨

Scoreboard June 22nd June!

NameCopperIronGoldLapisEmeraldDiamondTotals
oZerkz198929
137​
Biggest_Yoshi18292955
131​
what77125
125​
SillyBillyJeremy102923
62​
Critz0027
27​
Sylou18
18​
McDanky1051
16​
crackersarecool_10
10​
ItsAllay16
7​
Nehv5
5​
DaddyDukaj2
2​
Okyozdino1
1​
lgsgrinder011
1​

Last edited:

Hypotemabus

Slicer
Just sounds like you want those mining levels.
Ah alas, I am deactivating my town shortly and moving elsewhere due to lack of active members to keep the place going and also just to take a step back from doing such a large mega project on my own. Town levels are not really my main concern in a way they used to be I suppose. My current intention is to make a vault in Sandsete and move all my valuables there.

As part of it I want to create a silk touched ore vault stockpile as I am a bit of a collector of silk touch ore blocks and I want to use some of the ore blocks as detailing for caverns and other features.

I also rather want to run some kind of event as I've been a bit of a hermit for the majority of my current playthrough 😂

I have set the prices to be roughly Neven with a little variance for fortune III probability and am going to iteratively revisit and refine them up or down (excuse the pun!).

I want to try and keep the event going until the end of June or until I run out.

Last edited:

Hypotemabus

Slicer
Are u buying for more than regular sale price
I think it's roughly Neven but I plan on iteratively revising and refining the pricing. Although Neven doesn't have a lore prize draw with valuble items and rare signs which hold monetary value so there is that also.

Last edited:

McDanky

Guardian
Hail Lokans!

I find myself in need of a truly hilarious quantity of silk touched ore blocks of various kinds for a passion project I am working on.

Some folks may say “dude grind resource islands” but frankly it is taking too long and that would just be too normal.

Instead! I am going to drop every single core I have on buying as many silk touched ore blocks Loka can sell me!

Given the silliness of this and the quantities I am looking to buy, I feel it is only right if we turn this into an event and offer prize incentives!

Big Quota Prize!
The player who sells me the most orders of silk touched Lapis Lazuli Ore blocks will receive:

🏆 A Lored Trophy with the signiture of the first player ever to hold World Capital. 🏆

Miners Raffle!
The top 10 players to sell me the most Ores of any/all kinds will be entered into a prize draw with two prizes up for grabs!

Raffle Prize 1

Raffle Prize 2
⛏️ A Lored Pickaxe ⛏️

I will count up every order filled and post periodic scoreboard updates for the top ore sellers!

How to enter:

Simply go to the market Ore Chest at spawn and navigate to the "Sell Ore Blocks" section tab on the right. Collect as many silk touched ore blocks as you can from resource islands and bring them to me for shards! and a chance to win!

View attachment 10192

Questions and Answers:

We getting lores for this? Yeah I’m in

nerdcat

Community Rep
Diamonds - (On average diamond ore drops 2.2 diamonds per block with fortune 3, so 16x12x2.2 = 422.4) 422.4 > 420
Emeralds - (On average emerald ore drops 2.2 emeralds per block with fortune 3, so 16x8x2.2 = 281.1) 281.1 > 260
Lapis - (On average lapis lazuli drops 14.3 lapis per block with fortune 3 so, 16x14.3x6/9 = 152.5 which is also more then the price on market
Are u buying for more than regular sale price
but these are also just the averages so u can get more or less. The main point is that u help out a fellow players who trynna make a project.

Hypotemabus

Slicer
Diamonds - (On average diamond ore drops 2.2 diamonds per block with fortune 3, so 16x12x2.2 = 422.4) 422.4 > 420
Emeralds - (On average emerald ore drops 2.2 emeralds per block with fortune 3, so 16x8x2.2 = 281.1) 281.1 > 260
Lapis - (On average lapis lazuli drops 14.3 lapis per block with fortune 3 so, 16x14.3x6/9 = 152.5 which is also more then the price on market

but these are also just the averages so u can get more or less. The main point is that u help out a fellow players who trynna make a project.
I had calculated the initial prices based on some drop rate tests I did on my test world with Fortune III, and one small scale one I did on Loka, I must have had statistical outliers on those or perhaps didn’t mine enough to get an accurate average.

But I suppose it proves the point that there is very wide variation in how much an ore will drop and you’d probably need to break open bonkers amounts for it to reliably yield the 2.2 average. Or maybe I just have odd luck 🙃

In any case I looked it up there too and I’ll trust your wisdom. I have put the buy prices up to reflect this.

Last edited:

nerdcat

Community Rep
I had calculated the initial prices based on some drop rate tests I did on my test world with Fortune III, and one small scale one I did on Loka, I must have had statistical outliers on those or perhaps didn’t mine enough to get an accurate average.

But I suppose it proves the point that there is very wide variation in how much an ore will drop and you’d probably need to break open bonkers amounts for it to reliably yield the 2.2 average. Or maybe I just have odd luck 🙃

In any case I looked it up there too and I’ll trust your wisdom. I have put the buy prices up to reflect this.
For ores like diamonds and emeralds they can drop a max of 4 so that’s what brings the average up. I personally think this is an awesome project and will sell some of my ores.

glory

Muted

“nerd”cat

Hypotemabus

Slicer
Hail Lokans!

Big Quota Prize!
The player who sells me the most orders of any kind of Ore blocks over all will receive:

Miners Raffle!

Raffle Prize 1

Raffle Prize 2
⛏️ A Lored Pickaxe ⛏️

How to enter:

View attachment 10192

Questions and Answers:

For transparency!

I have changed the big quota prize win condition to whoever sells me the most ores of any type over all. The top prize should go to the top ore seller. Given there is a finite amount of orders this might make things more dynamic than if all the lapis orders get depleted in two days and the top prize becomes unobtainable. Nobody had sold me any lapis orders before I changed this anyway so it shouldn't have unfairly impacted anyone.

I will drop the first scoreboard update in the next few days!

⛏️ Happy Mining! ⛏️

Back