Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

2v2 Arena Queuing

How would you like 2v2 queues to work?

• Party leader queues for both team members

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Individual queuing

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
There is a decision needing made on how teams are meant to queue for 2v2 arenas.

The two options are the following:

-The team must create a 'party' in order to do arenas, at which point the party leader can then queue the the team as a whole (/queueteam or something). This may or may not be useful for other features in the future, who knows.

-or-

-Both team players must individually queue for the arenas with a specification on whether they're queuing solo (/queue) or queuing for 2's (/2v2queue or something). Only when both members of the team have queued will that 'team' be put into the 2v2 queue for matchmaking. Perhaps when you queue for 2v2s and your partner is online, they'll be notified that you queued so that they know to queue as well.

What'd'you think?

Psychedelic98

Slicer
I'm in favor of solo queuing with an option for teams. For example, I could /2queue or /2queue(team name) to allow for partners.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Some points of note, then about 2v2's.

• 2's teams work by choosing a partner. You create a team with a team name, then invite your partner. You are then locked with that person and that team for however long you want to be. You can /leave or /disband to make a new team. doing this, however, will reset your team rating back to 1500.
  • You can only be on one team at a time (unless you guys reaaaally want multiple partners).
  • Other stuff, i'll get into all of it later.

I had not planned for any sort of 'random selection' 2v2 teams. Figured you guys would want to pick your partners.

So that said, it'd be either /queue of /2v2queue, etc.

Opyc

Slicer
rated games = no team choosing

unrated games = no team choosing

like how arcanists works and other games.

also you could have it based on how many people in queue let the game choose when it does 2v2 or does 2 1v1's

make it random

Opyc

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Rarely are the arenas really full (though they might be after 2v2s are released), so the matchmaking system would still probably choose matchups based on time-in-queue regardless of whether it's a 1v1 or a 2v2 matchup.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Can i suggest for the team to gain rating they must play with their partner, however you could also queue and get a random partner (if you wanted) however points will not be tracked for random pairings.

Or we could simply split it into rated and unrated 2v2. Rated is with a partner you choose and unrated is random (or lets you choose any partner)

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Unrated arenas were always an idea, both with solo/2v2 (where you could actually challenge specific people to play in the arena). Random 2v2 is an option just as well.

As for rated 2s, yes, you can only do rated 2s with your specific partner and that is the only way for the team to gain rating. There are no (not yet, anyway, the way it works in WoW is horribly complicated; hoping to avoid that) personal ratings in 2v2, just team rating as a whole unit.

Back