Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

2v2 Matches Need Testing today!

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Though I may not be around all that much in the later portion of today, I've begun re-implementing 2v2 matches. They will most like be pretty unstable since I don't have 4 accounts with which to personally test them. However, they still work in the much the same way 1v1's work. When you die in a 2v2 match, however, you will respawn as a spectator so you can watch the match.

As far as how 2v2 has changed, the only major difference is that you can now solo-queue for 2v2 matches. This is in addition to, not in replacement of, forming a 2v2 team with /invite. Either way you do it, teams and solo-queuers are placed in the same queue and can fight against each other.

Because of the testing needed, there will be no prowess gain for 2v2 matches, nor will any of the ratings earned during 2v2 testing be permanent. Once all the bugs are ironed out, I'll open up the 2v2 bracket official, and it'll then post to the website and all that fancy stuff. When ready, though, those who let their fate be chosen by random matchmaking will earn more prowess, but first the whole system needs to be heavily tested.

In the event that 4 players solo-queue for 2v2's, much like battlegrounds, it will attempt to build the most equally matched teams against each other. Of course if you queue as a pre-made team, you will keep your chosen partner.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Testing stats have been wiped. Most of the breaking bugs are fixed and only fairly minor ones should remain. At this point I'm going ahead and declaring all 2v2 matches now available and legitimate. Enjoy!

Back