Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

A Change to Festivals

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
We are changing the way we organize and arrange Player Run Festivals. In the past, we have done everything through dm's with Elders, chatting with players who are interested in running them. However, that is becoming unsustainable due to the number of people who have shown interest in running tournaments. Currently, there are at least 6 members of the community who have done so in the last month and we don't feel it is fair for us to pick and choose who gets to run the next one.

As a result, we are going to put it to the community. We will allow everyone to put their proposed festivals forward and bid/apply for a slot, then put it to a vote among the community here on the forums. The one that receives the highest votes gets to host it and everyone else can choose to re-submit their bid for a later month.

Currently, we have just 5 slots a year for Player Run Festivals however if demand is high enough and we have the time and resources to support them we will increase this number as time goes by.

If you wish to run a Player Run Festival please submit a bid following the template here. Due to the next Festival slot being next month, we will allow bids to be submitted up to the end of this week on the 28th of August, rather than the usual 2 months prior. If you have any questions about festivals please feel free to contact me on discord or here on this thread.

jakeman5

Slicer
Cool idea! However, I think that this could be abused because players can just ping their discords to get votes from a swarm of random people.
I think it might be best to let the Elders/Guardians chose as to eliminate the reasons that Hx mentioned. Love the idea.

Orphious

Slicer
But in the end doesn't that lead to the biggest possible festival?
Not necessarily, the random people could be players that don't intend to join the festival at all, unless there's a way to make sure the players who vote actually attend the festival

koi0001

Guardian
Not necessarily, the random people could be players that don't intend to join the festival at all, unless there's a way to make sure the players who vote actually attend the festival
Our barrier for entry being the LCR type voting kind of does help an awful lot. Saying that, I acknowledge people can still vote with very little intention of participating.

Back