Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Bug Adding Continuity to Industries

Wizardteepot

Slicer
This is borderline a bug report and a suggestion, otherwise I would've used the in-game report feature...so bare with me.

As Conquest 3 saw some changes to industries, how much they produce, and how much they can hold, I've noticed two bugs: Items the either aren't generated but should/items that are generated that shouldn't, and item caps not having been adjusted.

I'll start with the second one since it's easier to explain. Most of the industries saw an overall increase to the cap of output that they could hold, spiking from somewhere near 200 items (if I remember correctly) to above 1000 items. Farms, however, are still stuck at 192 items. Once they reach that limit, they stop producing. Barns are kind of the same way. Although they say on the /g info Industry Output list that they're capped at 192 items as well, Auru's Barn will still produce past this. It will, however, give the message "Auru's Barn is full and won't produce items any longer!" if you open up the output chest.

Time for the other bug...which is a bit harder to explain. So, you know how biome restrictions work, right? If you don't own a biome, you can't collect certain resources of that biome. For example: Silverhand owns the Mega Taiga, and Auru isn't in their alliance, so Auru can't collect Spruce, right? Well, that applies to other things to: again, because Auru doesn't own the Mega Taiga, they can't collect potatoes, and because they don't own the Moor, they can't collect clay. And yet, the industries can. Despite not owning the Mega Taiga nor the Moor, the barn industry outputs Potatoes and Carrots (respectively), and the Dig Site outputs Clay (and at one point output podzol, but doesn't seem to anymore).

My question is: is it a bug then that the Lumbermill industry doesn't produce spruce wood? Or it it a bug that the other industries do produce restricted materials?

Would love to hear if this happens to other towns/in other biomes! The more information that can be collected to possibly fix these bugs, the better ^-^

DFG1125

Slicer
I can't say anything as to the first bug as I don't really pay attention to it. However for the second bug I can say that Acharn collects clay and hardened clay even though it doesn't own the clay cliffs.

BuscoNombre

Slicer
The second one its not a bug, biome control never applied for industries. Since ur industries produce items according to the tile u own

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
The second point is working as intended but is certainly up for debate as to whether it should work like that or not. The thought process behind it is you gain a very small income of that 'locked' resource if you own a territory in that biome through industries. Which, in theory, isn't anywhere near enough to undermine the effective embargo, the biome controlling town has on the resource. It acts as an incentive to both gain territory in a biome with a resource, as well as defend a territory in a biome you control. This hopefully means conflict is more common and resource control is bit more flexible and interesting. As opposed to a flat, nobody else can ever get it unless they unseat the power that owns that biome.

However it can also seem unintuitive that biome control can be slightly bypassed by others owning territories in that biome. This could also potentially undermine the biome control rendering it fairly pointless.

Wizardteepot

Slicer
Although I can see the concerns that it might undermine the biome control, the industry output for a resource like that, I'd imagine, is so limited that it's hardly something to bat an eye at. You'd be talking about something along the lines of (in this example) a stack~2 stacks of spruce wood, anytime the industry completely filled up.

If someone seriously intended to just farm the resource from the industry rather than fight for biome control, they would still need to be online and closely watching the industry and it's outputs. This, in my opinion, further incentivizes players to log on, even if it only means for 5 minutes every other day...A player who logs on, has a higher chance to stay on and active than a player who doesn't at all...but those are just my thoughts.

Back