Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion adding on to hyper's suggestion of rewards

coolkidsupa

I feel like you should get the mats used to mod the T-GEN you're attacking if you win. Say I mod a jungle tile completely with x amount of jungle logs, whoever wins should receive the modding mats i used in it. IMO this can be tweaked around but this can be incentive to attack certain tiles > others

HyperTotodile

Slicer
yo can we like have actual rewards for winning conquest fights tho. my recruits keep asking "What do we even gain from winning these wars" and i honestly dont have a good answer for them so i just hard dodge the question every time they ask it

but it'd be really cool if u got a certain amount of rewards for winning a fight PERIOD (whether it was attack or defense), like:
-300 gunpowder
-300 blaze powder
-300 glowstone dust
-300 glass bottles
-20 ghast tears

these rewards only count if a fight exceeds a certain player size and ISNT reins, so that u cant call meme reins to essentially "cheat the system" and get pot mats by doing nothing, and ofc, we dont want 20 player towns waging war against each other just for the sake of gaining these pot mats :3

maybe it has to have 60 players total for a fight to give these rewards to the victors idk

OH AND U SHOULD ALSO GET BIOME SPECIFIC LOOT DEPENDING ON WHICH BIOME THE TILE IS IN ;O

SO U GET MELONS AND SHIT FOR WINNING FIGHTS IN SUNSET ISLES

U GET RABBIT FEET AND SHIT FOR WINNING FIGHTS IN BIRCH FOREST

U GET idk jungle shit FOR WINNING FIGHTS IN THE JUNGLE ON GARAMA

U GET snow??? goat horns?????? FOR WINNING FIGHTS IN THE ICE WASTES ON KALROS

listen man i promise this idea is fire as hell if it was more fleshed out and stuff. and also i could finally tell my recruits why we fight. bc as it stands, conquest is really only for bragging rights and u gain nothing material from winning a fight, which makes no sense cause like if we're tryna be all medieval and shit, when u plunder other kingdoms, u get loot from doing so, and if these tiles are territories, we should get loot from plundering other kingdom's territories wowzers!!!

Kippehz

Muted
yo can we like have actual rewards for winning conquest fights tho. my recruits keep asking "What do we even gain from winning these wars" and i honestly dont have a good answer for them so i just hard dodge the question every time they ask it

but it'd be really cool if u got a certain amount of rewards for winning a fight PERIOD (whether it was attack or defense), like:
-300 gunpowder
-300 blaze powder
-300 glowstone dust
-300 glass bottles
-20 ghast tears

these rewards only count if a fight exceeds a certain player size and ISNT reins, so that u cant call meme reins to essentially "cheat the system" and get pot mats by doing nothing, and ofc, we dont want 20 player towns waging war against each other just for the sake of gaining these pot mats :3

maybe it has to have 60 players total for a fight to give these rewards to the victors idk

OH AND U SHOULD ALSO GET BIOME SPECIFIC LOOT DEPENDING ON WHICH BIOME THE TILE IS IN ;O

SO U GET MELONS AND SHIT FOR WINNING FIGHTS IN SUNSET ISLES

U GET RABBIT FEET AND SHIT FOR WINNING FIGHTS IN BIRCH FOREST

U GET idk jungle shit FOR WINNING FIGHTS IN THE JUNGLE ON GARAMA

U GET snow??? goat horns?????? FOR WINNING FIGHTS IN THE ICE WASTES ON KALROS

listen man i promise this idea is fire as hell if it was more fleshed out and stuff. and also i could finally tell my recruits why we fight. bc as it stands, conquest is really only for bragging rights and u gain nothing material from winning a fight, which makes no sense cause like if we're tryna be all medieval and shit, when u plunder other kingdoms, u get loot from doing so, and if these tiles are territories, we should get loot from plundering other kingdom's territories wowzers!!!
COMMON hyper forums W

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Industries literally produce items based on the territories you own, so when you win a fight, your industries therefor produce more material that is biome specific.

Additionally you can gain biome control which blocks others gathering materials in biomes you own. You also get strength for winning which is how you become capital.

I think you're underlying point is that they're pvpers who don't care about any of these things which is fair, but also generating free materials out of nothing for a fight is a slippery slope. One could argue weak/boring capital policies/rewards and the lack of winning "real stuff" at the end of the month is a detriment, but that is something we already know about and plan to address.

I'm not against no rewards, but there's a good reason things are the way they are which I suspect Magpieman (Minister of Economy) will enumerate on.

koi0001

Guardian
A point to consider is that industries for the most part are untouched when compared to a couple years ago. I remember back in conquest 2 before many of the new resource gathering methods were implemented industries felt insanely useful to a town and obviously Dungeon is still very useful.

I don't think they've scaled well with updates. That being said, might be time for a overhaul of what they provide or how they provide items.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
A point to consider is that industries for the most part are untouched when compared to a couple years ago. I remember back in conquest 2 before many of the new resource gathering methods were implemented industries felt insanely useful to a town and obviously Dungeon is still very useful.

I don't think they've scaled well with updates. That being said, might be time for a overhaul of what they provide or how they provide items.
I think an overhaul to the other industries could be something worth looking at especially because the dungeon has items you need but cannot get normally while the others produce junk. That being said I think they still suffice when it comes to taking territory.

Wxndernut

Industries are great as they are now. The amount of modding materials/biome protected materials you can get is insane. The barn is also very useful as well. I would love to see some new industries though for alchemy that possibly produce potion materials.

HyperTotodile

Slicer
Industries literally produce items based on the territories you own, so when you win a fight, your industries therefor produce more material that is biome specific.

Additionally you can gain biome control which blocks others gathering materials in biomes you own. You also get strength for winning which is how you become capital.

I think you're underlying point is that they're pvpers who don't care about any of these things which is fair, but also generating free materials out of nothing for a fight is a slippery slope. One could argue weak/boring capital policies/rewards and the lack of winning "real stuff" at the end of the month is a detriment, but that is something we already know about and plan to address.

I'm not against no rewards, but there's a good reason things are the way they are which I suspect Magpieman (Minister of Economy) will enumerate on.
I agree with everything you said, but we should still get rewards for neutralizing enemy tiles. Tbh most of the time when I place I’m neutralizing an enemy tile, I’m not even like, claiming over it with a tile of my own. I don’t have towns everywhere on every continent so neutralizing is often my only way to place on a non-aids tile LOL

doota

the issue with getting mats when you win is when you place on dead towns with like 2 actives you get free mats for free

HyperTotodile

Slicer
the issue with getting mats when you win is when you place on dead towns with like 2 actives you get free mats for free

HyperTotodile

Slicer
Industries are great as they are now. The amount of modding materials/biome protected materials you can get is insane. The barn is also very useful as well. I would love to see some new industries though for alchemy that possibly produce potion materials.
industries are overrated asf pls give us “Alchemy Table” industry that generates pot mats and then we can talk

in all seriousness I still do not gain much from winning months or winning fights, and it’s impossible to explain to my recruits why we should care about winning fights or months. there’s rly no tangible reason to win months, like, industries are tile-based, not capital based, so what I’m asking for is that winning capital should give more tangible rewards and shit :3

industries = tangible results, sure

shards = mucho pro

like imagine u get 100k in the capital towns escrow for winning continent cap and 350k for winning world cap, ppl would suddenly care quite a bit more about kalros O_O

I’m not suggesting SPECIFICALLY those shard values, those are arbitrary, but it’s to illustrate a wider point, and that wider point is: plz give us tangible rewards for winning capital :)

mindblaster007

industries are overrated asf pls give us “Alchemy Table” industry that generates pot mats and then we can talk
To be honest, I would rather see more capabilities with VS rather than new industries. Like, make it so VS can do certain things it can't currently that help in the production of pots. So at level 'x', you are able to fill a brew stand from VS. Of course, this would need to be done in a way that it's not possible to fully automate things.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
winning capital should give more tangible rewards and shit :3
This would only make it harder for new people to get into the server and result in what we always called the "snowball effect" which already exists because of industries as is.

I think the rewards for winning capital should be something rewarding that is interesting but it cannot be something that would lead to you winning capital again (ie. shards, modding mats, or pot mats)

HyperTotodile

Slicer
but it cannot be something that would lead to you winning capital again (ie. shards, modding mats, or pot mats)
ughhhhh, I just hard disagree with this design philosophy. what’s wrong with rewards that help u to win again?

snowball effect isn’t even real in modern conquest bc u can win 6 months in a row but u still need to recruit ur ass off to stand a chance in winning an actual fight.

no amount of mod mats or pot mats can make up for a lack of carries and/or recruits. carries and/or recruits are how you win months, so I’m just sitting here like… what do I tell my ppl we’re fighting for?

industries isn’t a valid answer cause u can have tiles even without cap.. we sure as hell aren’t gaining anything materially for every month we win…

it just feels like we’re only fighting for bragging rights which is not how it should be, which is why I’m pushing so hard for things like mod mats, pot mats, and shards to be rewards for winning capital

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
ughhhhh, I just hard disagree with this design philosophy. what’s wrong with rewards that help u to win again?
I think the main thing is that they're boring. You already have that stuff, why do you need more? I think it would be far cooler if we could find something (although I don't know what) to give people when they win that is cool but doesn't just add to the pool of things they have already.

HyperTotodile

Slicer
I think the main thing is that they're boring. You already have that stuff, why do you need more? I think it would be far cooler if we could find something (although I don't know what) to give people when they win that is cool but doesn't just add to the pool of things they have already.
What do you mean by “already have that stuff” I have 0 shards to my name and I’ve won every month I was active for ever since January 2022… you gain nothing from winning capital, AND ON THE CONTRARY, I’ve done nothing but lose shards from winning ;-;

I think you have this misconception that winning months = you get rewarded and compensated fairly

This is not true in the slightest, hence why I’m recommending material rewards (pot mats, mod mats, shards) as rewards for EITHER:

-winning fights
-winning capital
-or both!

Back