Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Admin abuse/Combat logging

CashmereCats

So I don't think this should be allowed but I dunno, so I was waitin at the port and saw Lazuli run out and went to chase her. When I got very close and about to hit her, she vanished. At first I thought she combat logged but then she went on to say she did /spawn. I dunno if this is allowed and I don't really care as it was just iron armour but had it been diamond or somethin good I woulda been pissed so I dunno but yeah. Also I don't know how screenshots work these days so umm yeah if that's super necesairy then maybe I can gets em but umm yeah I dunno. Thanks

turtlemaster01

Slicer
well unless you hit her I think it dont fall under combat logging. I could be wrong but they have a plugin to prevent that so.

Eevee500

Slicer
If you didn't hit Laz then she didn't do anything wrong here, she just went to spawn. It would be the same as logging off.

Jedoi

Slicer
As much as I love my dear friend Laz, I do believe that she should not have done that. I'm pretty certain this counts as combat logging.

CashmereCats

11. Don't PvP Log
11.1. Don't log out in an attempt to avoid PvP (either fleeing or to avoid an incoming fight) or prematurely terminate a fight in progress.

Lazuli73

Slicer
As I left the port I started running along the coast and was using F5 to see if he was fallowing me. When I saw him he was about a hundred blocks away and I actiavted my /spawn. I teleported to spawn successfully, indicating that we did not engage in conflict. In my world that is perfectly fine but if higher admins disagree then I apologize and will not do this again.

CashmereCats

sorry but with the information you have given that implys minecraft characters can travel 20 blocks a second...Iwas within striking distance when you disappeared

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
To be clear, this was not a legitimate scenario. We'll be posting some things about rules of engagement with admins here on the forums soon today. Sentries and above are not allowed to use their powers to combat log or flee engagement unless specifically there on admin duties (investigating griefing, helping with town issues, etc).

Lazuli73

Slicer
sorry but with the information you have given that implys minecraft characters can travel 20 blocks a second...Iwas within striking distance when you disappeared

A sentry's /spawn takes five seconds to teleport after the initial activation.

Back