Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Rejected Allow better ping

TheRealJewyy

Its a mod that shows ping thats it. Like it really just shows ping just look up betterpingdisplay. This gives no advantage except that you have the knowledge of there ping in numbers instead of bars.

Name of the mod: Better ping display
Link to mod (forge version): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/better-ping-display
Description: Shows players ping in numbers instead of bars
Reason: I want this mod added because knowing a players ping exactly doesn't give any sort advantage its just a quality of life so you know if someones a lagger or not.

Last edited:

Kaph

Sentry
As far as I know, any feature that allows players to see exact ping of other users (command, mod or otherwise) hasn’t been allowed as it opens up players to avoidable harassment. Players on both sides of the ping spectrum will likely receive insults based on their connection. Even in your post you say “so you know if someone is a lagger or not”, and you probably forget that the word “lagger” is often used as a derogatory term. It’s obviously not a serious form of personal attack, but it’s something we can do without.

TheRealJewyy

As far as I know, any feature that allows players to see exact ping of other users (command, mod or otherwise) hasn’t been allowed as it opens up players to avoidable harassment. Players on both sides of the ping spectrum will likely receive insults based on their connection. Even in your post you say “so you know if someone is a lagger or not”, and you probably forget that the word “lagger” is often used as a derogatory term. It’s obviously not a serious form of personal attack, but it’s something we can do without.
your acting like this dosent already happen everyone dodges well known laggy players like this is nothing new. Yeah its something we can do without but it happens anyways, what your saying is so farfetched like everyone in loka gonna call a kid and harrass them for being a lagger when half of loka is eu. Plus if someone uses lagger as an excuse to why they died everyone just tells that kid to cope

Last edited:

Kaph

Sentry
your acting like this dosent already happen everyone dodges well known laggy players like this is nothing new. Yeah its something we can do without but it happens anyways, what your saying is so farfetched like everyone in loka gonna call a kid and harrass them for being a lagger when half of loka is eu. Plus if someone uses lagger as an excuse to why they died everyone just tells that kid to cope

I don’t think the fact that harassment already happens is a good reason to allow a feature that would make it worse.

TheRealJewyy

So why not make it worse, then? Afraid I don't agree with that logic. Don't see any interest on our end for something like this.
this will not make it worse at all plus the people who complain about ping are the ones who usually get clowned on plus the people who are laggy don't care

TheRealJewyy

also the benefit this mod has i feel far outweighs someone being called a lagger because going into a pvp altercation and knowing if someones laggy is just a great quality of life thing also if one of your friends ping spikes and they cant tell whats happening you can telll them.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
also the benefit this mod has i feel far outweighs someone being called a lagger because going into a pvp altercation and knowing if someones laggy is just a great quality of life thing also if one of your friends ping spikes and they cant tell whats happening you can telll them.
It really changes nothing to know their ping imo

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
it does its really just quality of life and lets yk beforehand what type of playstyle you can have also if it dosent change much why not allow it.
I don't play any different based on someone's ping, and what it does change is you being able to sit there and just say "haha lagger you're hella bad" and that's just not something we should be promoting

Back