Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

An Aladran Day

Jedoi

Slicer
OOC: Anyone can contribute to this thread and tell your own story! Be creative and realistic when doing so. :)

Note: The purpose of this thread is to talk about character's pasts and histories. Join in and share your story!

~~~

Aladra was alive with the sound of people. The sound of endless chattering, of steps hurriedly marching through pathways, of horns announcing the arrival of boats from the three continents. The mid afternoon air was humid but pleasant; not cold like Kalros or hot like Garama. It was a perfect, sunny day, and no doubt why the village was so very busy.

Jedoi navigated through the crowd of people to the Aladra Library, a place she had spent much time in as of late. The head librarian, Lydia, was a very kind woman who Jedoi enjoyed helping out. They would shelf new books together, and eventually Jedoi would take care of the library even when Lydia was not present. Others helped the Aladran librarian as well, Jedoi's good friends Lazuli and Gabrosen.

Upon entering the building, she was stunned to see how busy it was. Just like outside, those in the library were having loud conversations, though less talked about market prices and more spoke about books. She glanced at Lydia, who returned her gaze. The librarian seemed displeased with the excessive talking, and Jedoi merely grinned in return.

She searched the area she could see for anyone she knew. Many of those present she was aquatinted with, some were friends and a few were there she did not know. Jedoi shook her head, a smile still present on her face, at the many people gathered in the library.

So many people, so many stories. They could not be read like the books around them, for the only way to hear the stories they held was to speak to them. Jedoi picked a random book from the shelf, and sat down at a large empty table, absentmindedly flicking through the pages. Perhaps I will have the pleasure of speaking to others today, she thought.

Last edited:

gabrosen

Slicer
With the sound of people bustling along heading toward their next destination gabrosen squeezes by, going the direction of the library to sort a book that he had just finished writing. Whilst walking along gabrosen trips on a small rock in the middle of the gravel road. Still lying there on the ground gabrosen picks up the small rock, etched on the small stone was a singe word in small text reading "Friendship", pondering in his mind on what this had meant he stood up and placed the rock in his pocket. Finally getting through the crowed of people gabrosen walks into the library. Stepping into the building the glare of the sun shined bright upon his unkempt face, looking to his right gabrosen shelves his newly published book. Looking around gabrosen hears someone say "I can't wait till my book is published, everyone will love it!" walking toward the book deposit gabrosen takes the submitted books, going toward the only empty chair he could find, gabrosen asks Jedoi if he could take a seat... "Excuse me madam, would you mind if I take a seat?"

Jedoi

Slicer
"Of course." Jedoi responded, watching her skeletal friend take a seat. She closed her book and placed it in front of her. She let her head rest on her hands as they clasped together, supported by her elbows resting on the table. The chatter around them continued, and the woman paused to watch people searching through the bookshelves.

Jedoi brushed her auburn hair out of her face and turned her attention to Gabrosen. She studied her friend with intent purple eyes for a moment before speaking.

"Don't you think it's amazing? Every single one of these people," She paused to gesture to the crowd around them, "Have a story. How they ended up here, how they are who.. and what.. they are. Look are you, Gab. I don't think you told me how you ended up as a skeleton. Or are you just a friendly one? I don't know your story, as I don't so many of those around us." She stopped speaking to let her words sink in. "Tell me your story."

gabrosen

Slicer
gabrosen turned to Jedoi with a puzzled face then placed the books on the table. He looked at his reflection in the glass window as it started raining and sighed... "My story... It began long ago before this world I was not always like this you know, I felt the skin on my face and dirt in my hands now I feel nothing." gabrosen looked around and no one seemed to be there besides him and Jedoi and the sounds of crashing thunder began. gabrosen turned back to look at Jedoi. *Flashback as gabrosen told his story*

“A cap'n always goes down wit' his ship!” I hear from the navigation room.

“'n a jolly sailor follows his cap'n till th' end!” I replied.

I rushed up the ladder to the main deck of WinterFjell, between rains pouring down my face, the violent winds ripping the sails off the ship, and enormous waves crashing onto the sides of the vessel, its making it very hard to stand but a good pirate knows how to withstand all these obstacles.

My captain “Alch” we call him, frantically runs to the sterncastle deck, takes the wheel and spins it with all him might. I vigorously jumped onto the ratlines getting rope burn in the process but in result I was able to get a good look at this strange whirling vertex with lightning continuously striking its center.

“Cap'n we have a slight problem!” I yelled

“'n what would that be gabrosen?!” Alchemy screams, over the raging winds and the crashing sounds of thunder.

“We be headin' straight into a ragin' Whirl pool!” I replied

“What be th' estimated coordinates?” He asks

“Its harrrd to tell', but all I be knowin' be that its right over 'tis rouge wave 'bout to hit th' bowstrip!”

I Slid down the main mass and landed onto the quarter deck. As I slid down I saw RCAD running as fast as possible to the forecastle deck to secure himself onto the side rails with rope. I turn to the most fearsome of monster you could ever lay your eyes on, with its white foaming mouth, large dark blue body and the blackened skies above

“It be at least one hundred feet tall!” I yell

MrAlchemy being the suborn captain he is, still tries to steer WinterFjell out of this mess.

“Th' only chance ye have be to strap yourself onto th' side rails!” I told Alch

“I have to beat 'tis storm!” he says back.

I run to my determined captain and tackle him to the ground.

“I’m doin' 'tis to save ye!” I said.

“Don’t do 'tis!” MrAlchemy screams

“Ye don’t have enough rope fer both 'o us!”

“Aye cap'n” I whisper softly with a sigh

“I gunna follow me cap'n till th' end, 'n it looks like 'tis be it!”

As the ship is swallowed by the Magical swirling vertex I fall and hit my head on the floor of the main deck. All I remember after that was waking up on WinterFjell laying down on a table with two people looking down at me.

“He be awake!” I heard from the left of me.

“Th' Redstone worked!” I hear from my right.

There was a burning sensation in my chest and head.

“Ugh what… whar be I?” I say with a low groan.

“We don’t be havin a clue” I hear from my left.

The voices sounded familiar, but I could not make them out because I was still hearing ringing in my ears. With my eyes still adjusting to the darkness of this cold and what seemed moist room, I looked around and saw these blue and green sparkling gems on the wall and large pillars of stone supporting the gigantic cave system. On the ceiling there were huge crystal stalactites that were dripping water in which caused a beautiful design of small streams leading into an underground lake which now holds a massive ship captive.

“Be we in a cave?” I said quietly.

“Yarr” One of the strangers said replied

“Who be ye people?” I exclaimed.

“Ye mean…?” one voice called out

“Alas he has lost his memories.” the other says.

“What be ye implyin'? Be ye sayin' I knew ye once before?” I replied.

“Aye” the man with the hoody says.

“I be MrAlchemy, ye cap'n”

“And I RCAD your crewmate”

“Okay well I am… umm... hmm…!”

“He does not even remember his name!” The man with the clockwork eye gasps.

“You be Gabrosen the most loyal crewmember you can get, you took your own life to save mine” MrAlchemy says with a sigh.

I cringe from the pain in my upper chest.

“What happened to me?”

“We fixed you, brought you back to life. The only thing keeping you alive right now is the Redstone mechanics pumping your blood through the bone frame we constructed you”

“You were out for about two weeks” MrAlchemy added.

“So I was dead for two weeks?”

“Yes but we kept your bones preserved for that period of time, though we could not save all of you…”

“There is nothing left!” I say as I stare into my reflection in one of the streams running down into the underground lake.

As I was looking down I felt some Redstone dust pouring out of my chest and into the small slow flowing stream below, it was like sand getting swept up by the sea.

“Careful we are not fully finished with the design!”

An agenizing pain rushed from my chest up to my head in almost an instant. I groaned and placed what little I had left of myself on the cold hard stone slab I awoke from this nightmare on.

Once I woke up from my long deserved nap I saw that MrAlchemy and RCAD had placed torches everywhere, so I was able to see the cave to an extent. I turned my head about 90 degrease to the right only to find a sheep staring right at me, the sheep was purple and seem to have a name tag on it. The chiseled inscription read “Jeb”. I had wondered how this strange sheep came all the way down here in this wet cold hole in the ground.

I attempted to sit up on the cold hard slab and as I did, I had a daydream in which seemed to be real.

“There she is!” I heard

“We finally found it!” another voice called out.

I look back to see MrAlchemy steering the ship I was now aboard. I turn my head to see an island that seemed to be a utopia with beautiful swaying palm trees, sunny beaches, and a huge waterfall leading to the river which we have just set course to. When I turned my head to the left of me I saw darkened clouds and raging seas with lightning lighting up the sky. The wind was strong and the rain looked like bullets falling from the sky, as if the gods were angry at that side of the world. And in that instant, as I looked back at MrAlchemy, I fell and struck my head on the main deck floor and I was back, laying down on the hard, cold, stone slab inside the dark massive wet cave.

I woke up to see RCAD working on Redstone and MrAlchemy mining the rich minerals from the ground, I sat back up hoping I would not have another horrible vision. I had walked around a little and I seemed to be fine for the moment, I had walked up toward the torn ship just about to step on the dark moist wooden plank until MrAlchemy called me over.

“Come over here gab”

“Aye captain”

“If you are able to walk why you don’t head over to my quarters and look around, you might be able to jog some memory there.” He says

“Aye captain”

I hobbled over to the center room on the top of the main deck and unlocked the door, I saw a bunch of strange artifacts and journals, and then I looked to my left only to see my reflection in the dirty window... I blinked that’s all it took… I now stood atop a huge mass in the crows nest of a beautiful ship looking like the one I was once on in my last vision. The sun was out and shining and I remember the nice breeze, looking up, a flag with the name WinterFjell written on it was found. When looking down I saw MrAlchemy staring through a telescope. I smiled and in that instant I was back in the captain’s quarters on the floor.

“What happened?” I moaned.

“You passed out” MrAlchemy said.

I opened my eyes to see the same telescope Alch had in my dream, hanging on the wall….

“What is happening to me?”

“I don’t know?” Alch says

“It’s the Side effects, they are inevitable. Don’t think you will feel good as new right after you died.” RCAD replies

I stood back up and walked towards the door like a drunk man stumbling out of a tavern. Opening the door I looked up, there was a strange looking structure shaped like a man that seemed to steer the ship.

“What is that?” I asked

“That’s Baltor the god of fishermen and sailors alike, it’s a shrine for good luck on our travels” Alchemy says...

"That was my story" gabrosen sighs again...

Jedoi

Slicer
Jedoi listened as Gab told his tale, picturing the scene of the sailors trying to save their ship. When he finished, she was silent for a moment.

"I knew you were a good man, Gab, but I didn't know you gave up your life to save another. I didn't know you were a hero." She answered.

"See, your story... It further proves how little we Lokans know about each other." Jedoi shook her head and sighed. "I want to hear their stories."

The woman turned to Gab and smiled. "Perhaps we'll get that opportunity soon."

gabrosen

Slicer
"Speaking of stories... What have you to share?" gabrosen says as he glances into Jedoi's violate eyes.

Jedoi

Slicer
Jedoi returned Gab's gaze, but her eyes were distant, far into the past. She was silent for a moment, gathering her thoughts, before she spoke.

"My story begins at the gates of Asgard. A traveler visiting the city found me, a babe wrapped in a green blanket, right outside the gate. I wasn't alone though, a wolf pup was found snuggled beside me. I've been told they saw paw prints of many, larger wolves nearby... As if a pack of wolves left me and one of their own pups there." She adjusted her position and resumed.

"The Warden of Asgard, you know him as Cryptite, took me in to his city. A young boy only slightly older than I lived there as well. His name was Hall, his parents were criminals banished by a Guardian who brought him to Asgard. Hall named the wolf found with me Lightning, and the three of us grew up together in beautiful Asgard, never leaving each others side.

We were taught the ways of the world by Cryptite and Artagan, and we became aquatinted with people from all over Loka. However, Hall sought adventure, when I was happy in Asgard. When he was a little older, although still a child, he ventured off on his own. He promised me he would return. But then the Blight hit."

Jedoi paused to take a shaky breath. Memories of her lost brother flooded her mind, and something deep within her tugged at her heart.

"The disease was sudden, and I was one of those who became sick. We quickly managed to escape the dying world... But Hall wasn't there when the Tower was converted into a Knife. When we Sliced into a new world, Lightning was unable to follow as well." She took a deep breath. "I can only hope they found each other."

"I met a woman named Lazuli Avalos on the new world, and we decided to settle together. Two of my old friends, Leasaur Istalri and Godemox Sworks joined me. It was in the city Talongon that Mox and I fell in love." A smile formed on her face at the memory. "Thieves attacked our village often, however, so we moved away to create a new home- Dellsmite."

Jedoi bore a wide grin now, thinking of the place that had been her home for so long. "I could tell you much about Dellsmite, but let's save that for another day... In time, many would come to call that city home, including Mox's lost brother, Steel. They were rejoiced to find each other once again. A boy named Ronshaud Risewell joined our ranks as well, and Mox and Steel took him in as a brother. Around this time, Mox and I were exploring when we came across a stranded young girl called Anna, who we brought back to Dellsmite to nurse back to health. She became like a sister to me, and Ron a brother."

"We expanded rapidly across the land, other villages were made and joined our little kingdom. One of these was Citadel, and it was founded by my old mentor Artagan, and his queen, Leasaur. I joined them in building, as did many from Dellsmite. It became the capital of what would be known as the Vanguard Alliance. The wars that followed were tough. Cities started claiming territories, and they fought over them relentlessly. Ron joined the massive Argus Alliance to make peace between us. It pained me, though. It was almost like losing a second brother."

"By the time Preksak returned to Loka and nearly destroyed the Artifact, I had lost touch with my sister. I had no idea where Anna or many old Dellsmiters were. I have not seen them since..." Jedoi sighed deeply, a sense of longing in her voice. "As I said, Preksak returned, and when the Artifact was down, he killed people. One of those..." The woman had to fight back tears. "Was Mox, my fiancée. We never got to have our wedding..."

She shook her head before continuing. "We escaped him, and those of Citadel founded the city Cerulean. Steel and Ron were among them, and together we mourned the loss of Mox and Anna. Lazuli had gone missing too, but fortunately she returned, although with no memory." Jedoi frowned. "Despite all that had gone wrong, Cerulean had great potential. But then Art went missing. And when he did... So did the rest. Lazuli and Johnny left to found a new town, Lea ventured into the wilds, and Chuck left to create a new town. I was left alone until the city fell."

"Lazuli brought me to Makosa, and after awhile I was invited to Auru. Despite all I've lost... Auru has something about it, something that gives me hope. I believe the future will be bright."

As Jedoi ended her tale, she felt a sudden calm take her. Focus returned to her and her eyes met those of Gabrosen. "Who knows what will come next?"

Lazuli73

Slicer
Carrying armfuls of books Lazili shelved them as the surprising amount of library patrons tossed them half-hazardously onto the floor. Scowling at a gruff Kalros barbarian as he ripped out the pages of a book wondered why this quiet sanctuary was so busy. Picking up the pages she threw them out the back door, where the vanished in a puff of white smoke.

Like Lydia she was annoyed at all the excess noise generated by the unusual amount of people. Her intention was to leave for her island home, where she could find some peace and quite, but as Lazuli passed by a table she felt someone grab her arm and drag her into a seat.

"Hey!" she shouted.

"Come sit with us!" Jedoi said, retaking her seat.

Despite her lack of desire to stay she obeyed Jedoi's enthusiasm to join them. It was nice to see her so happy again. She sat beside Jedoi, who was adjacent to their fellow librarian gabrosen. He was a strange fellow, but kind. It wasn't everyday that you saw redstone-powered skeleton stitched together from his own bones.

"gab was just telling us about his story," said Jedoi.

"His story?" Raising an eyebrow Lazuli was intrigued by her choice of words.

"Everyone has one," continued gab, gesturing to everyone in the room. "Even you."

Lazuli73

Slicer
Her understanding of how this world worked was minuscule at best. From what she gathered that "artifact" thing granted them with eternal youth. This implied that Lazuli's story was far longer then she'd ever know, but as far as she herself remembered it was rather short. "There isn't much to tell, really."

gabrosen

Slicer
Staring at the door gabrosen notices a couple of people walking by. "Hello Hatron and Grubul!" He waves at them.
"What are you two doing here at the library? Come here to check out books?"
gabrosen Gestures to the other two seats next to Jedoi and lazuli.
"Come take a seat. We were just talking about our stories. It would be nice to here your stories!"

Hatron

Slicer
"Well I was born in a near city of Vascalah. My parents died in the terrible famine of Vascalah. They fed me and tried to keep me alive for aslong as they could. When I was just a young boy I sailed on my raft over to Aladra. For a while I spent my years doing small jobs for people like mining or chopping trees for them. After a while I had had enough and decided to join someone's town start to get somewhere. ......., What about you Grubul?"

Last edited:

Grubul

Slicer
Grubul looks at Hatron and looks him in the eyes.
"You joined my town for some time! I remember Your crafting guild You built. Sadly Auru burned down at the raid times, and Your build didnt last the fire.
I would consider that my past has had The Artifact in it for a bit more longer time, but it is not cooler than any of our stories. "
Grubul sights
"I remember my childhood on an island. There was a kingdom, ruled by an arrogant king. My father was a fisherman, and so was i. One day i sailed into the ocean, for the books in the local library told of a land far away, with great treasures. But the skies were strange that night. I was lights in the sky, and a fog over the water coming straight at me. Lightning started to strike in the water and it all felt magical. I heard a loud crack and then felt something big falling on top of me, knocking me out."
Grubul looks at Gabrosen and looks worried
"After that i woke up in a place. Then i did not know what it was, but now i know. It was the Spawn Tower of the Third World.
Then i passed out. I felt The Artifact keeping me alive. Also, was it The Artifact, that brought me to this realm? To that i still dont have the answer. After that, i woke up in the Spawn Tower of the Fourth World. I lived there for most of the life i remember."
Grubul points at his reptilian skin
"I am different than the rest of humans. You see, when the end came to the Fourth World, i remember falling into the void. I saw Lazuli for a few seconds, but she was higher than me. I kept falling, but she dissapeared. I felt my body crumbling into dust, but my concesness kept falling. A light in the void approached me. It went trought me, and after the glare went away, all i could see was ice.
I had lost my body, but obtained a new one. I knew everything of the past of the person i was, and all of the past of the body i had. I was in a cursed body, that was alive only because he had the curse. Being frozen in ice, i didnt feel the cold. All i felt was anger against the fate i had, and not being able to move. But the ice cracked, and a chunk of the ice and me in it slided down the hill into a lake at the bottom of it.
There i woke up. There i settled by the coast. There i became the person You all know. But things are strange lately. I find myself at quite random locations when i wake up. And scratches on my skin and on the trees in the forrest. I don't feel quite good lately."
Grubul stands up and looks at the hallway, while his hands are shaking a little bit
"I have to apologise, but i don't feel too well. I must go."
Grubul runs out of the room, and a scream can be heard just right when he vanishes into the town portal.

Last edited:

Jedoi

Slicer
"I have noticed he has been acting strange lately..." Jedoi's eyes remained fixed on the library exit from where her friend ran out. "Disappearing, running off..." She looked up at the other people. "He mentioned a curse. What do any of you know about curses?"

Hatron

Slicer
"When I was living in Vascalah my parents told me of a curse that made there target go insane. Of course I didn't believe them. You don't think do you....?"

Lazuli73

Slicer
"I'm sure he's fine. Although someone might want to go check up on him at some point. Just saying."

Back