Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Animals

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
Today, Zor and I handled an issue, pertaining to jakewilson and another player's chickens. We resolved the issue, but it made me think.

I was wondering about the general severity of the killing or letting loose of another player's animals. How bad of an offense is it? I know that you have to be there to see another player killing the livestock, but what about if a player broke a block to let out all of the animals in that enclosure? Like breaking a fence to let them out of a pen? How bad are both of those things, exactly?

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
I do already understand why we don't kill off another player's animals, but I was just curious as to how severe an action it is. Although, you possibly already answered my question with the second half of your post right there (unless an admin wants to expand on that).

But now I'm wondering if the type of animal has any bearing on the matter, as in, was it all chickens that were released or slaughtered? Or was it all a different kind of animal that can't be obtained or farmed as easily?

Mtndome

Slicer
Personally, I think killing of any animals is a grievous offense. Killing some of a large number, e.g. killing 10 of 100 chickens is worth a single warning. Killing all of an animal, regardless of what it is, should be ban worthy. It's hard enough to get certain animals to a biome, and it sucks to have to dye all of your sheep. If someone were to kill all of my animals, i'd be out for blood.

Zor95

Slicer
Oh, thanks for reminding me... someone naughty killed all of Tolbert's animals and I don't think they had permission.

EpicBacon99

Slicer
Zor95 said:
Oh, thanks for reminding me... someone naughty killed all of Tolbert's animals and I don't think they had permission.

..Naughty

Attachments

• very..naughty.png
    very..naughty.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 218

JocelynReed

Slicer
I think its a big deal....killing all of someone's animals should equal a ban. Animals are a pain to get...and they are so important for the status and growth of a town.

Many months ago someone killed ALL the animals in HC....we were still a baby town...but it took me weeks to find pigs. I had to beg crypt to help me.

Killing sheep is just stupid, unless your super new and need a bed..

HC has a cow farm of about 500 and when I do mass killings...I always leave about 50.

Anyways...I consider it a awful crime. Temp bans or bans should be used when we are talking all or large numbers.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Perhaps Asgard's lands are rich in wildlife. It took me no more than about 3 minutes to find pigs for HC when I arrived. I recall having done that for several towns in fact...

mopb3

Slicer
I honestly never understood why killing animals is seen as quite so serious as everyone, I mean stealing is worse from the victim's point of view but we sure as anything allow that.

Zor95

Slicer
A newb killing a town's animals is survival.

A more experienced player killing animals is spite (unless you're Maj and that's just how you roll). You can compare it to burning items as you raid. There's really no point to it and if we make a rule against it then it has to cover every scenario.

Back