Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

AntiCheat Hate Thread

Zor95

Slicer
Want the signature? Copy and paste the code below and add an image tag!

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9184/phx93xmwppqkc4wz9uf.png

no-rage-face.png

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I think it may be time to get rid of it, but we could do with a replacement mod, if you know something that does a similar thing but better plz let us know.

Zor95

Slicer
Well, this was far more effective than I imagined.

I shall get looking at once!

Zor95

Slicer
So just from an initial google search it appears that there are really only two main plugins: Anticheat and NoCheatPlus. The last time we tried NoCheat it pretty much made movement impossible. However, this was also when we updated to 1.3 which broke a *lot* of things, so it might not have been NoCheat alone. Perhaps it is time to give it another try?

There is also a plugin in development named SafeGuard but it hasn't been updated recently and I've heard rumors that it was actually absorbed into CraftBukkit.

I'm sure there are others out there as well, it will just take some digging to find them. Of course that probably means they aren't very good, but ah well.

mopb3

Slicer
When all is said and done, I don't think we even need one of these plugins. Admins are on enough to do the job much better than anything we have tried yet.

mopb3

Slicer
thelineguy said:
Yes, but plugins are active all the time, unlike admins.
We got this covered at pretty near all the times that any great number of players would be on, its fiiine.

adderman500

Slicer
Line whose side are you on? :p Yeah we should scrap it its very irritating, and in my experience it always incorrectly accuses people. Noobs get terrified by it too.

Zor95

Slicer
If we could have a plugin that just logs the activity, like an xrayinformer for hacking, that would be just fine.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
You know we still haven't tried actually tuning the damned thing. Admins see the proper forum.

If the overwhelming response is to try NoCheatPlus I can throw that back on and see if I can turn off everything but the alerts.

Back