Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Arena Polls

What types of arenas would you like on Loka? (Vote for all that you support)

• Simple (open, round) **

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Complex (multi-level, rooms)

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Environmental (terrain, hazards)

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Knock-Off (bridges, open void)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Obstacles (barriers, hiding)

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Large (diameter > 75m)

• Medium (50m < diameter < 75m)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Pro-Sword (advantage for swords)

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Balanced (no advantages)

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 1 vs 1 (one on one) **

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Small (diameter < 50m) **

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Timed (Most kills in x minutes)

• Pro-Archer (advantage for bows)

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 4-FFA (four players fighting for themselves)

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • NONE (I do not use arenas)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 vs 2 (teams of two)

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

Zor95

Slicer
Read before voting please (or not, but fill out the questions anyways or edit accordingly)

** denotes the style of our current 3 arenas

Question #1

In addition to completing the poll above, please post what you voted for and why. If you have any additional suggestions to go on the poll or if you have specific suggestions for arenas, please post those as well. When suggesting an arena please also post what style it would be (see list in poll).

Question #2

Once all the bugs are ironed out and we have a nice selection of arenas we will begin the first 'season' of rated matches. Do you think all seasons should be the same style or should we alternate? If we should alternate, what should the seasons be? If we should not alternate, what style should we stick with? How long should a season last?

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
I'm pretty open to almost anything as far as what's presented. For me, it really depends on how I feel that determines what I wanna do as far as fights go.

As far as the more "technical" parts of the arenas go, I'm going to let you guys decide that. I'm pretty much fine with anything.

Zor95

Slicer
Added a new option (Timed)

Aaaaand it appears to have reset the poll.

JocelynReed

Slicer
I voted for.......

1. Complex (multi-level, rooms)

2. Environmental (terrain, hazards)

3. Obstacles (pillars, hiding)

4. Knock-Off (bridges, open void)

5. Small (diameter < 50m) **

6. Pro-Sword (advantage for swords)

7. 2 vs 2 (teams of two)

8. 4-FFA (four players fighting for themselves)

mopb3

Slicer
JocelynReed said:
I voted for.......

1. Complex (multi-level, rooms)

2. Environmental (terrain, hazards)

3. Obstacles (pillars, hiding)

4. Knock-Off (bridges, open void)

5. Small (diameter < 50m) **

6. Pro-Sword (advantage for swords)

7. 2 vs 2 (teams of two)

8. 4-FFA (four players fighting for themselves)
I pretty much voted the same, but large arenas rather than small.

andrekeroxd

Slicer
I voted as follows:

As you can see, i clearly enjoy sword and melee fights more than bow, yet i believe that it is a must to have both melee and ranged weapons in a fight. As for the other 1v1 2v2 and FFA, if there was a way to implement all three modes, that would be great so you can chose which to use.

As to the seasons, yes definitely have them so we may be able to stick with the classic maps yet try out the new maps while replacing the ones that were less liked by the players (Final Destination in SSB series for example, must always stay, but others could always change)

JocelynReed

Slicer
I have a suggestion :)

I would like to fight mobs rather then people Sometimes..perhaps a person vs mob arena. Much like the one in ember...only slower and at a more fixed rate.

Hornedbaron

Slicer
Question:

Would the kills in 'x' minutes count deaths? As in, when you die, you respawn at a temporary spawn and start fighting again. If so, will there be a temporary 'keep inventory' sort of thing, because when/if there is the respawn, I would want to fight with my weapons again :p

Zor95

Slicer
Hornedbaron said:
Question:

Would the kills in 'x' minutes count deaths? As in, when you die, you respawn at a temporary spawn and start fighting again. If so, will there be a temporary 'keep inventory' sort of thing, because when/if there is the respawn, I would want to fight with my weapons again :p

Yeah, you'd be spawning in the little starting area with all your gear. If we were ever to do anything like this we'd have to make some special arenas so that there is no spawn camping or your armor doesn't break, or you use all your arrows in the first minute.

Zor95

Slicer
If you are new the forums or have not voted, please do so.

If you do not know what arenas are please say good-bye to Patrick Star and join the rest of us.

Back