Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Aressem Actual Ban Appeal

Aressem

I would like to apply for at least a shortened ban. I think the ban I received was reasonable, but I do not agree too much with the length of the ban. I understand that the length was due to previous bans, but I still do not agree that a month is justified for a chat violation. I said what I said because I thought it would be funny at the time, I know that it was not in any way shape or form, and I will not break chat rules at all in the future. I have already made an apology to Obstinance, and he told me that he didn't even know what I said because it was so misspelled, and that there was no hard feelings at all, not that this justifies my behavior. Lastly I just wanted to clarify that I am not a racist, and I am sincerely sorry about my outburst in public chat.

This is the exact quote from logs if anyone wants to see it:
upload_2018-11-9_9-29-2.png

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
If it was purely bad language then you would have a leg to stand on. However this is much more serious than that.

kkOJqzI.png

Just for reference the definition of a racist. 'shows OR feels'.

The ban will remain 1 month.

Aressem

If it was purely bad language then you would have a leg to stand on. However this is much more serious than that.

kkOJqzI.png

Just for reference the definition of a racist. 'shows OR feels'.

The ban will remain 1 month.
How does that make sense when the person I said it to
1. Didn't know what it meant
2. Said he is fine because he knows i was joking
How has this effected literally anyone on the server in any way? It hasn't. Yet you climb out of your inactivity cave to tell me my language is way too offensive?

It doesn't even look like the word for christ's sake the most offensive word in there is "filthy"

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
You don't get to claim that saying racist things in public chat "affects nobody in any way." The fact that it was reported to us in the first place proves that.

If you think behavior like that isn't offensive, and that only the word "filthy" is the bad part, then you're misinformed about what racism is, and why we have chat rules in the first place. That said, you have a long list of notes and previous punishments and bans; so, you know better. You just choose not to care. There's zero motivation on our end to shorten your ban when your responses in this very thread prove you haven't learned anything new.

Aressem

You don't get to claim that saying racist things in public chat "affects nobody in any way." The fact that it was reported to us in the first place proves that.

If you think behavior like that isn't offensive, and that only the word "filthy" is the bad part, then you're misinformed about what racism is, and why we have chat rules in the first place. That said, you have a long list of notes and previous punishments and bans; so, you know better. You just choose not to care. There's zero motivation on our end to shorten your ban when your responses in this very thread prove you haven't learned anything new.
k

ModernMozart1787

Literally no matter what I say they will find any way to "prove me wrong" all in all it is not worth it.
Why are you so arrogant? Honestly, you deserve your ban, your language is filthy, and I see nothing wrong with how the staff team is handling this.
How has this effected literally anyone on the server in any way? It hasn't. Yet you climb out of your inactivity cave to tell me my language is way too offensive?
Mag is not inactive by any means, and being this disrespectful to the staff is not going to get you unbanned by any means.

Reactions: Mrp

nickrocky213

Slicer
How does that make sense when the person I said it to
1. Didn't know what it meant
2. Said he is fine because he knows i was joking

It doesn't even look like the word for christ's sake the most offensive word in there is "filthy"
DFG, Pear, and I worked extensively with Mag for the Nether's Eve Questing, he is an extremely dedicated guy one of the longest (If not the longest) lasting player on the player base for Loka. Without Magpie's help Nether's Eve wouldn't have been nearly as successful as it was. Just because he isn't in the player tab doesn't mean he isn't on PTS, build, or helping us write up docs for future events.

Back