Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

[Ban Appeal] Ryan1794

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzNic

I am aware that the account that is posting this appeal does not match the account i am trying to unban and that is because i could not log in with my Ryan1794 account to register. Shilo and MOpyc are aware as i have already contacted them in game to talk about my account

Onto the reason i was banned for, yes i was in possession of a hacked client in an attempt to kill off people who were attacking our townspeople. While attacking people in a town is fine and i am all for PvP, it got to a point where my friends were unable to play the game. They could not leave their homes or simply walk around the town without repeatedly getting killed. They explained what was going on in our teamspeak and shortly after i joined with my hacked client in an attempt to fend them off. The hack that was in use was the fly hack, and Cashmere and myself fought for about 10 minutes in the ocean outside our town before i was disconnected for flying.

I would normally never use a hacked client, but under the circumstances i was getting annoyed, as were my friends. SO i jumped the gun a bit in choosing to use this as a solution to making them leave our town. I no longer have this hacked client, nor will i ever install it again for use on this server, its unfair, and ruins the fun for other players. But so does sitting in another persons town fully geared and slaying away.

Hopefully i can have my main account, Ryan1794 unbanned. I really do enjoy this server as i have many friends on it and we have been making alot of progress to making the town look really beautiful.

Grubul

Slicer
i agree about second chance. I too have had my bad moments, when i started playing, i made mistakes like these.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Your ban has been lifted. Let it be known though that regardless of the circumstances, nothing is grounds for using hacked clients. If there's a bigger issue with your town being camped, that can be discussed (and has been) with the town, but it is absolutely no justification for hacking.

We'll be keepin an eye on you!

Ajaxan

Slicer
They could not leave their homes or simply walk around the town without repeatedly getting killed. They explained what was going on in our teamspeak and shortly after i joined with my hacked client in an attempt to fend them off. The hack that was in use was the fly hack, and Cashmere and myself fought for about 10 minutes in the ocean

This part bothers me the most. I've seen it happen many many times and those that constantly kill town members over and over just for the heck of it see little to know repercussion besides a slap on the wrist. I know the mods and admins do there best to stop this when its seen but I strongly believe a more firm stance should be taken on this.

Leasaur

Slicer
This part bothers me the most. I've seen it happen many many times and those that constantly kill town members over and over just for the heck of it see little to know repercussion besides a slap on the wrist. I know the mods and admins do there best to stop this when its seen but I strongly believe a more firm stance should be taken on this.

This does seem go be arising as a problem again, I think we need to discuss if this should be allowed or not before it goes too far.

Wolfegger

Slicer
We could have an ability of towns to turn off pvp within their borders. Maybe make it cost a certain amount of power shards. Or make it so that within town borders, killed players do not drop items. Or put a cap on how many times one player can be killed by another within a certain amount of time (hours, days?).

Wolfegger

Slicer
Or maybe only towns with tgens can have players killed within town borders (or drop items within town borders or something like that).

EastBowmen

Slicer
We could have an ability of towns to turn off pvp within their borders. Maybe make it cost a certain amount of power shards. Or make it so that within town borders, killed players do not drop items. Or put a cap on how many times one player can be killed by another within a certain amount of time (hours, days?).
Oh hell no. This completely ruins the point of raiding

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
We have some thoughts on this, but I doubt we'd be allowing any sort of "/g pvp off" feature at any time in the near future. We do still want people to be able to be murdered and raided, but we don't want people to be able to sit in a town for a very extended period of time relentlessly slaughtering people without armor on.

EastBowmen

Slicer
We have some thoughts on this, but I doubt we'd be allowing any sort of "/g pvp off" feature at any time in the near future. We do still want people to be able to be murdered and raided, but we don't want people to be able to sit in a town for a very extended period of time relentlessly slaughtering people without armor on.
In my opinion, that sounds like a problem that they can fix if they put some work in by simply building high enough walls. Minecraft is not supposed to be easy, and that's exactly what makes it fun! Perhaps we could implement some rule related to slaughtering people without armor on. Maybe you can't kill a player with no armor unless you have a legitimate reason? Something along those lines.

Leasaur

Slicer
This completely ruins the point of raiding
Raiding towns often completely ruins several players' experiences of Loka, causing them to do stuff like download modified clients in order to get the raider out of their town, or quit Loka completely.
simply building high enough walls.
Welcome to Loka. If you want to have a town without being raided to death within two weeks of being founded, you must build "high enough walls" around at least a 100 block perimeter that are, maybe 20 blocks high, then completely remove all trees around said wall, check for caves leading into your town, people building towers or using a cannon to launch themselves in. If devoting a month to that seems a little frustrating, try building your entire town underground, or create an artificial floating island. Too hard for you? Tough, Loka should be a hard game. Oh, and don't forget to have fun!

If we want to have nice towns with plenty of active members that devote time to creating themed builds, we need to cut this out.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
We've often mulled over the idea of temporary town immunity. Given the close-quarters of these new continents and the likelihood that people will stumble into your brand new town pretty quickly, it may be time to implement a sort of temporary immunity to new towns so they can get a leg up.

Ajaxan

Slicer
Perhaps we could implement some rule related to slaughtering people without armor on. Maybe you can't kill a player with no armor unless you have a legitimate reason? Something along those lines.

The problem is not that this isn't a rule. As far as the rules say repeated killing isn't allowed, its the simple fact the rule isn't being followed that bothers me. And as for raiding in general, that's just part of life. Play smart and you should be fine!

it may be time to implement a sort of temporary immunity to new towns so they can get a leg up.

I could imagine some sort of 7 day trial period where a town has pvp set off so they can get on their feet. Heck I wouldn't even mind if their chests were protected during this time too. After 7 days are up they must fend for themselves like any other time. I like this idea because many other games do this sort of thing. Its just simple beginner protection and it gets people interested and playing before subjecting them to some of the more brutal aspects of the game.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Lea has a pretty good perspective on it from where I sit and while I am in favor of things that urge players to learn more about MC mechanics and defenses, we still have a problem. We always hear people cry, "Why don't you just make a rule?".

9. Don't Bully Other Players
9.1. Don't repeatedly kill the same person.
9.2. Don't camp in a town or around docks.

That's why simply adding a rule won't always change things. We are lenient on how long players are allowed to continue attacking enemy towns and the people within based on what the objective is or whether or not it is one sided. During the time of the incident which started all of this, yes, players were terrorizing Flower Village. However, once I arrived, one of them became trapped following Ryan's ejection.

This is the kind of circumstance that gives a little breathing room because at that point the attackers are still allowed to try and do what they can to get their player out without losing gear, experience, etc... However, we are still discussing some things that could circumvent a lot of these problems and cause people to think twice before setting foot in an enemy town. At that point we may no longer have people camping towns for the 'lulz' or people feeling the need to break rules just to defend themselves.

CashmereCats

The blame gets shifted on me it seems because no one ever seems to know the full story or really care enough to listen to another persons side, yes I was killing them again and again but I told them to keep their space for literally 3mins so I could get my friends stuff and be on my merry way but when you keep punching and attacking someone who is literally trying to leave your town and then they turn around and kill you, who's fault is that really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back