Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Better Voting

Druugthor

The voting rewards do not give enough incentive for players to vote. The rewards need to be higher or something where you have a chance to get certain items of differing values. This system works like this for those who don't understand;

Item A - 100% chance
Item B - 75% chance
Etc.

Of course, the ones with a lower chance are the more valuable items. A plugin that seems to be popular right now is crates. There's quite a few plugins that do this, but here's one (involves spigot):

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/cratesplus-free-crates-plugin-1-7-1-12.5018/

Anyway, the point of this is to get players voting because people don't vote anymore. More votes means more people who will join the server. If anyone has suggestions for items that could be received from voting, be my guest. I'm 'the new guy' so I only have a vague clue of the values that certain items have.

Signed,
Druugthor

koi0001

Guardian
The voting rewards do not give enough incentive for players to vote. The rewards need to be higher or something where you have a chance to get certain items of differing values. This system works like this for those who don't understand;

Item A - 100% chance
Item B - 75% chance
Etc.

Of course, the ones with a lower chance are the more valuable items. A plugin that seems to be popular right now is crates. There's quite a few plugins that do this, but here's one (involves spigot):

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/cratesplus-free-crates-plugin-1-7-1-12.5018/

Anyway, the point of this is to get players voting because people don't vote anymore. More votes means more people who will join the server. If anyone has suggestions for items that could be received from voting, be my guest. I'm 'the new guy' so I only have a vague clue of the values that certain items have.

Signed,
Druugthor

I fully agree that if this server wished to grow that this would be more than useful towards gaining players, and creating a stronger community perhaps.

I'm aware that it may not be the servers objective to gain players at the moment. However, I believe that even if that is the case this change in the voting system would allow players to get into the habit of voting per day allowing for the community to grow without the need of ads which is money saved for the server which Cryptite would have to spend otherwise.
Another aspect of this that I'd like to point to is that Loka is so unique compared to other servers; I believe that it'd only be fulfilling that the voting system becomes unique as well. By this I mean that the vote should give the chance to gain totally new items only obtainable through voting like special fireworks (unusable by Eltyra), special summoning items or even maps of some kind.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
It's always in our interest to grow Loka. We have some upcoming changes and additions to our server store, including how you can buy things like Lore Scrolls and Stat Tracking that will much better integrate with systems like crates, voting, daily rewards etc. It will allow us to casually reward players with some premium items from time to time, but still hopefully retain the interest to buy them "quicker" through the store.

It's on our radar!

Back