Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

bracelets of power

Zor95

Well-Known Member
Slicer
mopb3 said:
Zor95 said:
To say that we admins don't require this bracelet is to say that we are more powerful than Asymp. Either we ourselves are linked to the artifact or we're just that powerful. This doesn't make sense because our ranks and powers are delegated by Asymp himself.
Thats the whole thing, we were found by Asy in the mountain buried for our past transgressions and in him freeing us we were bound to his service as once we were bound to the Artifact.

Idk, maybe you new lot got a friendship bracelet of power or something but that's the story for the original Guardians.

There is no mention of this in the story of the Artifact. Even if this is true though it does not contradict the bracelets.
 

Zor95

Well-Known Member
Slicer
DIscussion on the other thread:


Zor95 said:
Admins (not Sentries) have the bracelet too.

mopb3 said:
What? No thats not true at all, you need to have a good sit down and talk with Gall.

Zor95 said:
That's what Asy told me o:

Of course our version is a bit more limited.

Zor95 said:
The bracelet that Asymp wears has a direct link to the Artifact which when activated channels power through the bracelet to Asymp. This allows him to teleport around and all that other junk. If the connection is severed by the bracelet's destruction or the artifact's (if that's even possible) then he loses his powers. The connection is also severed when inside cubes of solid obsidian which is how he was trapped above spawn.

To say that we admins don't require this bracelet is to say that we are more powerful than Asymp. Either we ourselves are linked to the artifact or we're just that powerful. This doesn't make sense because our ranks and powers are delegated by Asymp himself.

mopb3 said:
Thats the whole thing, we were found by Asy in the mountain buried for our past transgressions and in him freeing us we were bound to his service as once we were bound to the Artifact.

Idk, maybe you new lot got a friendship bracelet of power or something but that's the story for the original Guardians.
 

Zor95

Well-Known Member
Slicer
Thats the whole thing, we were found by Asy in the mountain buried for our past transgressions and in him freeing us we were bound to his service as once we were bound to the Artifact.

Idk, maybe you new lot got a friendship bracelet of power or something but that's the story for the original Guardians.

Ah yes... here we go:

"Welcome unfortunate Slicer. It's a mystery to me that they keep sending rescuers. All will be trapped by the Artifact like the others."

We were sent to rescue, there's no mention of transgressions.
 

mopb3

Well-Known Member
Slicer
Zor95 said:
Thats the whole thing, we were found by Asy in the mountain buried for our past transgressions and in him freeing us we were bound to his service as once we were bound to the Artifact.

Idk, maybe you new lot got a friendship bracelet of power or something but that's the story for the original Guardians.

Ah yes... here we go:

"Welcome unfortunate Slicer. It's a mystery to me that they keep sending rescuers. All will be trapped by the Artifact like the others."

We were sent to rescue, there's no mention of transgressions.
No, the slicers (new players) were the rescuers/explorers, we were separate entities that were already there.
 

Zor95

Well-Known Member
Slicer
mopb3 said:
No, the slicers (new players) were the rescuers/explorers, we were separate entities that were already there.

Then that leaves no room for additional Guardians.
 

mopb3

Well-Known Member
Slicer
Zor95 said:
mopb3 said:
No, the slicers (new players) were the rescuers/explorers, we were separate entities that were already there.

Then that leaves no room for additional Guardians.
They are presumed already existent, otherwise there never would have been new Guardians.
 

Zor95

Well-Known Member
Slicer
So...

All Guardians already exist on this world, many without knowledge of their powers and we have no knowledge either. In fact, the original Guardians didn't realize who they were until the server was griefed up for a month or so and these so called "transgressors" were chosen by Asymp (even though he doesn't know who all exists) to protect and govern the rescuers and any other travelers that found our world.

Interesting.
 

mopb3

Well-Known Member
Slicer
Zor95 said:
So...

All Guardians already exist on this world, many without knowledge of their powers and we have no knowledge either. In fact, the original Guardians didn't realize who they were until the server was griefed up for a month or so and these so called "transgressors" were chosen by Asymp (even though he doesn't know who all exists) to protect and govern the rescuers and any other travelers that found our world.

Interesting.
No...no not quite. Try again.
 

Zor95

Well-Known Member
Slicer
mopb3 said:
Zor95 said:
So...

All Guardians already exist on this world, many without knowledge of their powers and we have no knowledge either. In fact, the original Guardians didn't realize who they were until the server was griefed up for a month or so and these so called "transgressors" were chosen by Asymp (even though he doesn't know who all exists) to protect and govern the rescuers and any other travelers that found our world.

Interesting.
No...no not quite. Try again.

That is what you've told me?
 

Gallius

Member
Slicer
Ok, being the Lore master of the server for longer than most can remember. Ill say my part - agree or not its what i have talked with asy about many times.

The Guardians - are in fact sorcerers/wizards of great power who were sealed away for an unknown reason or perhaps put themselves in a "wizards sleep". This pertained to the original guardians before sentries and other guardians came about.


According to Asymptotic these original - that being the original four. DiabolicalMech, Mopb3, Gallazius, Magpieman were "kept within the three sisters upon awakening until their madness passed with help (asym)."
The guardians came to remember their powers but due to friendship/allegiance to asym chose to protect the realm. Asym (one of the first "slicers") retaught them new powers and how to use their previous for good. Indicating that anyone can learn/attain such powers with training by the guardians OR by delving into the shrines of the dark fell gods of old. (These people would be hackers).

Those who came after, that being "slicers" are from a different world (ours in future?) Old "original" Characters such as Memrme, Loloplane are likely members of the original groups of slicers. While newer (Skitch, Zor, etc) players could be other late comers or the descendants of the originals or even have been an original slicer but only recently came out of the woodwork.

So- Long story short

Asy - Original Slicer
4 original Guardians - Imprisoned and or sleeping originally part of the world
later guardians and sentries - Slicers who have become students of the older
Slicers - came into world as "originals" or are descendants of the originals (Not specific characters mind you)
 

Zor95

Well-Known Member
Slicer
Gallazius said:
The Guardians - are in fact sorcerers/wizards of great power who were sealed away for an unknown reason or perhaps put themselves in a "wizards sleep". This pertained to the original guardians before sentries and other guardians came about.


According to Asymptotic these original - that being the original four. DiabolicalMech, Mopb3, Gallazius, Magpieman were "kept within the three sisters upon awakening until their madness passed with help (asym)."
The guardians came to remember their powers but due to friendship/allegiance to asym chose to protect the realm. Asym (one of the first "slicers") retaught them new powers and how to use their previous for good. Indicating that anyone can learn/attain such powers with training by the guardians OR by delving into the shrines of the dark fell gods of old. (These people would be hackers).

But these original Guardians were wandering freely across the world building cities and fighting as normal players. During this time there was no one protecting the world which is why there was such a problem with griefers. Later on these Guardians rose up and defended us. How could they be slumbering/contained and yet still actively roaming the world? They were mad as well?

Slicers are supposed to be the rescue team sent to find and return Asymp, but they were trapped by the Artifact and unable to return. You say Asymp was a Slicer? Was he out looking for himself?

When I joined this server it was a time when the admins were gone and the hackers were rampant. The only Guardian I knew was Magpie and I did not see him often. I did not learn from anyone. Neither did the Guardians that followed shortly after me. We still have our powers though. How did we come across them?

Gallazius said:
Those who came after, that being "slicers" are from a different world (ours in future?) Old "original" Characters such as Memrme, Loloplane are likely members of the original groups of slicers. While newer (Skitch, Zor, etc) players could be other late comers or the descendants of the originals or even have been an original slicer but only recently came out of the woodwork.

The difference between me and Skitch is that I came to this world as a Slicer. When Skitch joined we were not aware he was a Slicer. Would we not recognize them immediately?
 

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Zor95 said:
Slicers are supposed to be the rescue team sent to find and return Asymp, but they were trapped by the Artifact and unable to return. You say Asymp was a Slicer? Was he out looking for himself?

Asymp came to this world as a slicer. He was the first slicer to arrive, and there were others with him that then went mad and were not seen again. At some point between him and the rescue team arriving he became and old one. I dont know how long he was here until we got there.

Also the original guardians were here to defend, however back then we had not learnt all of our powers so the amount of griefing we could prevent was restricted. The world was more unstable at the beginning and civilisation needed to be built, hence why we were building towns.
 

Zor95

Well-Known Member
Slicer
It's a good story, it just doesn't quite fit what actually happened. Lore does need some logic to it.
 

Zor95

Well-Known Member
Slicer
Magpieman said:
Also the original guardians were here to defend, however back then we had not learnt all of our powers so the amount of griefing we could prevent was restricted. The world was more unstable at the beginning and civilisation needed to be built, hence why we were building towns.

Our lore master says you were sleeping in a mountain then when you woke up you were mad until Asymp trained you. You say you were awake, but didn't know all of your powers.

Which is it?
 

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Asymp trained us yes, but it is not a short process. He gave us basic training after we awoke, which was not long after the rescue teams arrived.
 

Gallius

Member
Slicer
As far as us originals being "slicers" for some time before being guardians - that time is not counted as part of loka rp lore. Zor you must keep in mind their is a difference between actual events and server history/lore.

Asym trained us to use our powers for good - akin to drawing on the natural powers of the world/nature instead of drawing on the darker sinister sides of undeath/artifact etc.

Also yes we did not know all of our powers when we awoke and still choose not to use many of those we had before we changed our ways due to asym
 

JocelynReed

Member
Slicer
Question, in theory

If energy can be pulled from the artifact for good....
Can negative energy be pulled for evil...perhaps to awaken the mad ones?

Create more outlaws?
 
Back
Top