Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

catgirljodie Sentry Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current rank: Settler
Which rank you are applying for: Sentry
What you think is expected of this rank: The Sentry rank is predominantly a chat moderation rank, however if no Guardians or higher are present they have the capabilities to temporarily take out offenders. Sentries should be approachable players which newcomers or current players should be able to turn to for questions and concerns. This rank requires self-discipline and restraint maintaining no bias in their judgement while also being knowledgeable about Loka's aspects and features. Sentry duties consist of chat moderation, solving problems players might have, and assisting those players new or experienced. This rank is considered a stepping stone to the Guardian rank and due to this Sentries are held to high standards.

Why you think you should become this rank: I have been playing Loka actively for now one year and in that time I have grown more passionate about the server and want to extend any amount of help I can to bettering Loka. I started off by applying to the PvE development team and during my time on this team I have realized that what I have to offer surpasses the capabilities and trust of a settler. Alongside being on the PvE development team I have offered my support to the server and new players alike answering questions of those both new and old. I feel in order to continue my passion in helping Loka I need to take the next step up.

When you started playing on the server: November 15th, 2021
Time zone: CST (GMT-6)
How often do you play (hours a day/week): 2-3 hours a day.

H4pnotic

-1 copy and pasted sentry guidelines lmao also incredibly toxic to one of my friends for 0 reason at all and does not deserve to have anything to chat moderating with some of the things I've seen Jodie say.

Conclusionz

Huge -1
Always so fake and passive aggressive, made fun of and defended someone (WinterNightST) who made fun of someone's (well call them person A) dead relatives, then proceeded to harass Person A and person A's friends over the fact of an acquaintance (Person B) of them doing something similar. This occurred on another server where Jodie was a high-ranking staff member, and Jodie took no action to punish this person for what they said, instead using their words as a means to further harass Person A and Person A's friends. It Should be noted Person A and all of Person A's friends neither encouraged nor supported what was Person B said. Just for so you know my credibility, I've played with Jodie across multiple servers of the course of about a year and a half.
Although they may be nice to some, once you know them their true nature is one of a toxicity and malice.
Below are relevant screenshots.

Attachments

• image2.png
    image2.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 101
  • image.png
    image.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 101
  • image_3.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 101

Facilee

-1 all of these have been towards me
Screenshot_2023-04-01_170918.png
2022-08-07_20.15.46.png

Eyvah

-1 from looking at those screenshots, if they are not fake not deserved at all. Also never saw him being helpful or online honestly

y0i

Muted
-1 Him and his friends were very toxic towards my friends and I when we were new to Loka. He called us dae dogs, ridiculed us for not having as many instant health potions as his town and said some worse stuff I would dare not say on the loka forums

HyperTotodile

Slicer
+1, I have mixed feelings about the screenshots. Joking about dead parents is fucked up and 100% beyond the pale, but as for any other screenshots besides the things pertaining to Facilee, I feel as if these people are making huge reaches to try and frame Jodie as a terrible person. I think Jodie is an overall kind individual who made a few toxic comments. I also find that these people dogpiling onto this application and complaining about how toxic what Jodie said in the first 3 screenshots is is just ironic. I've seen a lot worst said by members of BITS, including some of the ones -1'ing this, and I know that I as a Slicer have said things 1000000000x more toxic than anything listed on this thread.

I feel that this is a concerted effort made by people beefing with Jodie to paint her as an evil person who is incompetent to serve, and I disagree on both of those points.

In my time working on the 40v40 Continental Fight Cap research paper, Jodie was a crucial part of my Interviews section, where she provided a back-and-forth dialogue with myself where she was able to provide valuable insight into some potential flaws with my proposed system. She has been incredibly helpful and kind in all of my interactions with her.

I feel that whatever you put into an experience, you get out of an experience. If you put no work in, you'll reap no reward. If you put lots of effort in, you'll be rewarded greatly.

This principle can be applied to people; whatever treatment you apply to others, expect to get it in return, even from the most kind-hearted of individuals. If all you put out there is bitterness and vitriol, that is all that you shall receive in return. I'm honestly very disappointed with many of the -1's being made on this post, as they feel disingenuous when I know what some of these people have said themselves, and then they pretend to be self-righteously angry with what Jodie has said. It just all feels very wrong...

I will close by saying: I believe Jodie is an overall kind person, who has said some very evil things in the past. I believe Jodie is a passionate, qualified individual who would do great things as a Sentry, and that is why I have provided my +1 in the end!

Rea4peR

Muted
I will close by saying: I believe Jodie is an overall kind person, who has said some very evil things in the past.
sorry Hyper but the evil things she has said “in the past” are from 3 weeks ago and I dont think there's any excuse or explanation for what she said.

Attachments

• 787D6455-1FAC-43AF-9A10-AA36B6EB36AC.jpeg
    787D6455-1FAC-43AF-9A10-AA36B6EB36AC.jpeg
    838 KB · Views: 48

monkeynick123ooh

Slicer
+1, I have mixed feelings about the screenshots. Joking about dead parents is fucked up and 100% beyond the pale, but as for any other screenshots besides the things pertaining to Facilee, I feel as if these people are making huge reaches to try and frame Jodie as a terrible person. I think Jodie is an overall kind individual who made a few toxic comments. I also find that these people dogpiling onto this application and complaining about how toxic what Jodie said in the first 3 screenshots is is just ironic. I've seen a lot worst said by members of BITS, including some of the ones -1'ing this, and I know that I as a Slicer have said things 1000000000x more toxic than anything listed on this thread.

I feel that this is a concerted effort made by people beefing with Jodie to paint her as an evil person who is incompetent to serve, and I disagree on both of those points.

In my time working on the 40v40 Continental Fight Cap research paper, Jodie was a crucial part of my Interviews section, where she provided a back-and-forth dialogue with myself where she was able to provide valuable insight into some potential flaws with my proposed system. She has been incredibly helpful and kind in all of my interactions with her.

I feel that whatever you put into an experience, you get out of an experience. If you put no work in, you'll reap no reward. If you put lots of effort in, you'll be rewarded greatly.

This principle can be applied to people; whatever treatment you apply to others, expect to get it in return, even from the most kind-hearted of individuals. If all you put out there is bitterness and vitriol, that is all that you shall receive in return. I'm honestly very disappointed with many of the -1's being made on this post, as they feel disingenuous when I know what some of these people have said themselves, and then they pretend to be self-righteously angry with what Jodie has said. It just all feels very wrong...

I will close by saying: I believe Jodie is an overall kind person, who has said some very evil things in the past. I believe Jodie is a passionate, qualified individual who would do great things as a Sentry, and that is why I have provided my +1 in the end!
I agree that some people who are -1’ing aren’t kind people however, making fun of someone’s dead relatives?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back