Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Change in rankeds

scotrian

Sentry
Community Rep
+1 I need to stop getting sniped by fruitzilly on alt accounts because hes tier one and I cant beat him

berdb

Slicer
yeah no 50 hours would gatekeep way too many recruits/new players from playing ranked, the majority of recruits just: log on 10 minutes before warp, warp, die, warp, die, log off. (so basically recruits would have very little playtime then see "hey play 50hours to unlock ranked" and just log off)

czmpos

Slicer
yeah no 50 hours would gatekeep way too many recruits/new players from playing ranked, the majority of recruits just: log on 10 minutes before warp, warp, die, warp, die, log off. (so basically recruits would have very little playtime then see "hey play 50hours to unlock ranked" and just log off)
Then tell them to stop being a recruit and tell them to play the server for themselves and not for an alliance to just make numbers one fight per day

berdb

Slicer
Then tell them to stop being a recruit and tell them to play the server for themselves and not for an alliance to just make numbers one fight per day
yeah that isn't really a reason to forbid them from playing ranked

berdb

Slicer
So let the banned players play rankeds in their alts!
Just because of a few people alting to play ranked we shouldn't restrict recruits & new players from ranked.
+ By that line of reasoning we should limit zyre based on playtime too, many alts (dnalol) have been going zyre time after time again

mimo4

Slicer
there should be a way to filter out completely fresh alts while also allowing new players that dont have alot of playtime to experience ranked

czmpos

Slicer
Just because of a few people alting to play ranked we shouldn't restrict recruits & new players from ranked.
+ By that line of reasoning we should limit zyre based on playtime too, many alts (dnalol) have been going zyre time after time again
As i said in the discord, zyre is not important, by your logic we should do it to conquest too?

berdb

Slicer
As i said in the discord, zyre is not important, by your logic we should do it to conquest too?
what I was literally just using your logic, that's not my logic.

However, yeah anyways going by your logic we should prohibit players without enough playtime from playing conquest.
As reasons to block new players from ranked you've stated: "Ranked is a competition", "Zyre is not important" "Ranked is more important than Zyre", + your whole reasoning for this suggestion is to stop banned players from playing ranked (something which you believe is justified as ranked is important).
And if we go over and apply your logic to conquest:
- Conquest is a competition
- Conquest is important
- Conquest banned players play conquest too
- "Then tell them to stop being a recruit and [get 50hrs of playtime] and not for an alliance to just make numbers one fight per day"
Therefore we can justify gatekeeping conquest from players <50hours of playtime. (no)

(so basically your line of reasoning is dumb)

Last edited:

koi0001

Guardian
And if we go over and apply your logic to conquest:
- Conquest is a competition
- Conquest is important
- Conquest banned players play conquest too
- "Then tell them to stop being a recruit and [get 50hrs of playtime] and not for an alliance to just make numbers one fight per day"
Therefore we can justify gatekeeping conquest from players <50hours of playtime. (no)
Any player can join and immediately join a ranked PVP match whereas with conquest they must join a town and work with another group of players which are very likely to say if there's a banned player in their town out of fear of being banned themselves. Conquest already requires a massive amount of preparation and setup whereas ranked joining is instant.

Adding a requirement to register (which many competitive games have in place) makes alting far more detectable and cumbersome.

There is the argument that adding any barrier of entry hurts new players joining but I'd argue asking them to register in our discord or having a very small minimum playtime isn't a massive barrier.

I suppose it has to be asked, how much is alting and hacking ruining the ranked experience and would any barriers be a valid trade-off.

Back