Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Rejected Concurrent Chunk Management Engine

Lurnn

Slicer
Name: C2ME
Link: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/c2me-fabric
Description: C^2M-Engine, or C2ME for short, is a Fabric mod designed to improve the performance of chunk generation, I/O, and loading. This is done by taking advantage of multiple CPU cores in parallel.
Reason: helps chunk load nice (FPS ! ) woo

please like post if you download and think its valid (show support guys ! !)

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
512A0A7B-83ED-482D-B835-80A16D1CA166.png
Looking at the discord for this mod developer, their FAQ states this mod has no effect when using it on servers, unless it is installed server side(in which case you don’t even need it client side.) so if you would like to use it for single player I can approve it, and you wouldn’t have any negative effect from having it. But as stated by the mod developer, it would have no positive effect on your performance by being installed on your client.

Lurnn

Slicer
View attachment 6412
Looking at the discord for this mod developer, their FAQ states this mod has no effect when using it on servers, unless it is installed server side(in which case you don’t even need it client side.) so if you would like to use it for single player I can approve it, and you wouldn’t have any negative effect from having it. But as stated by the mod developer, it would have no positive effect on your performance by being installed on your client.
makes me feel mad smart yo

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Just to talk more about this mod. What hurts CPUs the most is chunk generation first, and then IO (loading/saving to disk). Neither of these happens in multiplayer (because this happens on the server), and on servers that run Paper (we do), chunk gen/IO is already multithreaded.

So that's ultimately why it doesn't do anything for multiplayer. The only hit will indeed by fps loss by loading chunks, and more important the things in chunks like entities, etc. There is very little to gain from without Mojang redoing how things are loaded as a whole.

Back