Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Continent Specific Markets

Lazuli73

Slicer
So it's been a few months after the release of the New World. We have established towns, there is a whole flood of new, active players. So much that the continents are a buzz with player interaction. The ports need to develop into something larger, say hypothetical, maritime RP towns. But these towns would be just for decoration, give the illusion of development and server growth. Or would they?

I propose that once the server reaches this level of player interaction and continental development, we have NPC villager towns replace the ports. These towns would offer players a lot of services, so they wouldn't just be there for decoration. One could pay a inn keeper for a nights stay in a hotel, go to a local tavern and find a lead for a quest, and even take a day trip to the local market!

The most alluring feature of these NPC settlements would be the established markets. Instead of having one big market at spawn, we have markets all over the map, at least one on every continent, that sells the continent specific/region's resources. This would make people leave spawn/their towns to find the market their looking for instead of just warping through their portal.

There could still be a spawn market for miscellaneous and rare items, but I think this would make the server more realistic and increase player interaction and trade economy.

Toiongo

Slicer
I support your idea of having markets across the map, but, in my opinion, towns should be left for the players to build. It'd be nice to have markets as town industries and have them connect to one central market inventory. You could then make such inventory for each continent.

MrAlchemy

Slicer
It'd be nice to have markets as town industries and have them connect to one central market inventory. You could then make such inventory for each continent.

I like this idea, could bring about the whole import/export game meta. +1

Lazuli73

Slicer
I support your idea of having markets across the map, but, in my opinion, towns should be left for the players to build. It'd be nice to have markets as town industries and have them connect to one central market inventory. You could then make such inventory for each continent.

Players will still be able to build their own towns freely, but these NPC towns would be brought in through world edit. This would be because they are server generated RP locations and require consistency in their building. Each town would be different, yes (as well as themed appropriately to the biome they are established on), but ideally would be admin built.

Hypotemabus

Slicer
I really like these ideas myself. One thought I had been toying with is that you could make the port towns capturable zones using similar dynamics to that of the ruin. The alliance or town that holds them could get a small trickle of emeralds to simulate receiving tax revenue on trading imports and export. You could have three nodes in three squares or towers and buildings to allow for a town siege kind of feel and a parkour element over roofs and buildings to get the best vantage points for tactical battle. Ownership wouldn't do much or lock anyone out or change anything. Only receiving tax revenue whilst under ownership.

turtlemaster01

Slicer
The 3 squares could be the wall,port, and some sort of castle/town hall building. That way it fits more with the layout of the city and fits better with pvp

Nightcolt

I really like these ideas myself. One thought I had been toying with is that you could make the port towns capturable zones using similar dynamics to that of the ruin. The alliance or town that holds them could get a small trickle of emeralds to simulate receiving tax revenue on trading imports and export. You could have three nodes in three squares or towers and buildings to allow for a town siege kind of feel and a parkour element over roofs and buildings to get the best vantage points for tactical battle. Ownership wouldn't do much or lock anyone out or change anything. Only receiving tax revenue whilst under ownership.

One of your nodes could be a moored ship. Go on, get your feet wet!

Back