Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Crafting/ Smelting Industry

Should there be a crafting/smelting industry

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hatron

Slicer
I think that I good idea for a crafting industry is bulk crafting. What I mean by this is that you could put all of your items in a chest and it would bulk craft all those items. Not sure how hard this would be to make but you might even want to create a way for resources to be sent to the crafting industry and crafting. Like you could also have like a stone mason that makes stone that then be sent over to the crafting industry to be crafted into stone bricks or slabs.

Another idea that link industries is a smelting industry. You could link the mining one and smelting so that all of your lovely ores get smelted into ingots.

The way that you would link industries could be with a command or a line of iron bars from output of mining to input of smelting.

These are my ideas for Loka I would much appreciate if you left a comment on what you think of these ideas.

Hatron

MrAlchemy

Slicer
The Crafting Industry is already planned, it's just not built yet. But as for the purpose of it, I love this idea! +1

RCAD

About transporting stuff to other industries. What if there would be NPCs who you can hire and assign them a job to carry around things that industries have made. That would make the towns more alive and better looking if they had NPCs walking around

Hatron

Slicer
About transporting stuff to other industries. What if there would be NPCs who you can hire and assign them a job to carry around things that industries have made. That would make the towns more alive and better looking if they had NPCs walking around
Yeahwe could charge them like 1 shard per moveing of items

gabrosen

Slicer
I would like to see something like a mercenary/guard type industry in which you have to feed food into the input chest, this allows the NPC/NPCs to have "motivation" so to speak, and you can give the NPC armor and weapons that make them stronger, and the industry can level up by PVE and the more its leveled the more NPCs you get and maybe the stronger they get? The output chest can be like mob drops like string, arrows, bones, and other drops

I would like your opinion on this subject :D

-gabrosen-

Ajaxan

Slicer
What will the crafting industry do?

Crypt's current idea was:
1) Item frame: item to be crafted
2) Input chest: contains items to be used
3) Output chest: where newly crafted items are stored

We discussed the ideas behind what the crafting industry would actually do over in this thread: http://lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/crafting-industry.2662/

(Disclaimer: I will constantly refer to the crafting industry as the crafting guild... just rolls off the tongue easier for me.)

Given that crafting is instantaneous and crafting an entire inventory of resources into other tools/materials takes only a matter of seconds the crafting industry will have to be a bit more creative. Even bulk crafting, like filling up a chest with resources and having it convert them would be easier to do yourself. In the time it took you to get the resources over there you could have already finished crafting everything.

So I proposed something a bit different to make a crafting guild worth while and actually offer a practical application. There are two ideas total that I've thought about so far. Either would be good as they make the grafting guild useful.

1) Crafting guild is used for crafting tools, weapons, armor. When crafted at a crafting build they have chances to be imbued with special properties. everything from normal enchantments to things like "+15% speed", "+10% health" or "Poison". This would mean that although the crafting industry is slow it would now offer benefits beyond what normal crafting can do.
The steps to this are identical to the way Crypt wants it to work except instead of simply crafting the item a special property could possibly be applied. Given that this industry would produce only a single item every 2 hours I'd say every item crafted would for sure have special properties but that can be discussed more later if people like this idea.

2) You know all those special recipes being created? Well perhaps for any special crafting recipes they must be preformed in the crafting guild. In this way being able to create advanced recipes requires the player to use a crafting guild instead of their normal crafting UI. This one would require a slightly different system though.
Currently the idea was to have an item frame with the item to be crafted. Well you can't do that here as you would have had to have already crafted the item to then craft it... But you can't because you need to craft it first... Its a classic chicken and the egg scenario so a different type of input and output for resources would be required.

Ajaxan

Slicer
I would like to see something like a mercenary/guard type industry

This industry would be absolutely amazing. Over time you could see the town guard of one town fighting the mercenary siege units of another town with players being the leaders of the armies. Talk about some epic battles.

Unfortunately there are a few problems that could arise from this.

1) Server Resources. Simply put if you have a massive amount of NPC's then you will run into problems with server memory and trying to keep track of the crazy amount of stuff now on the map. Granted Loka has a crazy amount of mobs and it seems to be doing fine so this one may not be too much of a problem if done correctly.

2) AI. To make this system work you'd need a fairly sophisticated AI to make this system work well. Perhaps it already exist or you could recycle the AI used for current mobs but more than likely this would need to be coded specially for the industry. I have no doubt this could be done but the problem is the time it would take. You could get way more done in other areas in the time it would take to do this.

So as much as I want to see this happen, I'd put it on the back burner until everything else is done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since clearly the crafting industry is not the only one we all want to talk about I went ahead and made a general discussion threat about industries. There are so many ideas about industries and in an attempt to keep the suggestions streamlined and easy to read I thought we should move industry discussion over to this thread. Once we've got some well thought out ideas we can post in the suggestion thread.

http://lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/industries.2802/

Last edited:
Back