Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Disable Lunar Minimap added in version 2.14.5-2411 of Lunar for 1.20.4 (or don't)!

MrSuperb

Hello,

I recently started using Lunar client to play Loka as I have been using fabric for a very long time now and I wanted to see what it is like to use Lunar. I have noticed recently in their mods list they have a minimap mod which is technically against the rules.

I am all for disabling the mod and following the current status quo which is why I made this post, but In my opinion I do not think this mod actually needs to be disabled. All it does is show the surface surroundings and it gives no information such as player location or location of caves/inside of buildings (for context this screenshot was taken in a town that is underground and it is still showing the surface).

I have attached a screenshot of what the mod looks like, either way I just wanted to bring this to the attention of Loka staff. Thank you!

Attachments

• 2024-03-14_17.58.26.png
    2024-03-14_17.58.26.png
    464.6 KB · Views: 43

MrSuperb

u should ask if shaders is allowed then aswell
Well the only reason I am making this post is it states minimap mods are disallowed yet this one has been allowed so far, so some closure on the legal status of this Lunar mod is all I am asking for.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Basically our stance is that as long as a minimap only shows terrain, it's fine. If it shows anything else (entities, players, etc), then it is not allowed.

We have removed Minimap (and also ReplayMod, for that matter, since we allow that with conditions) from the disabled-mods list.

Back