Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

New Dogs spams no pvp messages when punched in spawn.

Kobeyador

Slicer
I recently had several players start punching my dogs in spawn angering the dogs. That ends up causing a wall of "Hey! sorry,but you can't PvP here." messages to spam my chat when the dogs attack the player who punched them. This has been an issue for a little while but it has been tolerable until recent trolls started saying things like "oh I'm just petting them" and "why bring them to spawn". Can the damage to dogs be turned off in spawn.

Kobeyador

Slicer
Here's an idea, don't bring dogs to spawn?
That seems a little rash.... With rules such as "1.9. Don't kill or release other players animals or villagers." and "5.2. Don't repeat the same thing more than once.".... I thought an admin would be against people killing/attacking a players animals in spawn. Especially, if the player knowing attacked the dog with the full intent of cause massive "no pvping" spam on the owner until the dog is killed or the player ,who attacked the dog, leaves spawn.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Firstly, you're as much to blame if you showed up at spawn with a mass amount of dogs knowing full well that we live amongst more than a plentiful amount of trolls. It's not about if we deem it an injustice to a player because 'omg, someone attacked his dogs!'. What reason do you have to be romping around spawn with a ton of dogs in tow?

Secondly, we can't track every player that does something that annoys another player. If we could, there would be a lot fewer members.

Lastly, this is something only Crypt could fix if necessary. This isn't to say any one person's problem is insignificant but that you may be waiting in line for more crucial changes to the server before your issue with showing up at spawn with an army of dogs takes precedence all because one or more trolls want to 'pet' the animals you've unnecessarily shown up with.

Ronshaud

Slicer
Let's not forget, when the dog tries to hurt the victim, they jump off spawn's tower and the dogs die.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Let's not forget, when the dog tries to hurt the victim, they jump off spawn's tower and the dogs die.

Yeah, there's still just not much that can be done about it other than telling people to not bring a bunch of dogs to spawn.

Back