Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implement in Future Dungeons

Evil_X

Sentry
This suggestion is a bit out there but I thought for the heck of it I'd suggest it.
This feature would allow people to explore and in return get great rewards making the exploring worth it.
This idea is Randomly Generated Dungeons.

It'd work like the popular RogueLike dungeons mod in terms of powerful enemies with great rewards.
The dungeon would randomly generate using similar code to how Minecraft puts together a stronghold or a village. You'd have somewhere hidden a long line of random rooms and then the dungeon would take these rooms and put them together in such a way each time you enter the dungeon you find something different. To reduce the lag from this process maybe have it happen around nightly restart time?
The dungeon would start off easy, a few zombies and skeletons. But as you get further while rewards become richer enemies become much much harder.
At the end of the dungeon, there could even be some sort of sub-boss to fight.

Something like this could allow for some interesting quests related to the dungeon and it'd be easy to add some Christmas or Halloween rooms to the list of things that could appear in the dungeon to also be randomly generated. A bit off a stretch is you could have limited time dungeons that are extra hard to complete giving you debuffs or limited gear instead of being able to bring your god armour making it a much tougher thing to beat.
You could even switch up the Dreadfort and have it randomly generate off this idea.
Maybe one per each continent to stop people from camping them all, or it could randomly move to different spots across Loka on different days.
But no 2 dungeons will ever be the same meaning it'll add a lot of replayability and while I'm not fully sure what rewards we could put here there's also something to make going worthwhile.

Once again this was an idea I thought about and thought it'd be nice to suggest it here. It would take a lot of work to set up but would be a pretty cool addition in my opinion at least.

mindblaster007

This suggestion is a bit out there but I thought for the heck of it I'd suggest it.
This feature would allow people to explore and in return get great rewards making the exploring worth it.
This idea is Randomly Generated Dungeons.

It'd work like the popular RogueLike dungeons mod in terms of powerful enemies with great rewards.
The dungeon would randomly generate using similar code to how Minecraft puts together a stronghold or a village. You'd have somewhere hidden a long line of random rooms and then the dungeon would take these rooms and put them together in such a way each time you enter the dungeon you find something different. To reduce the lag from this process maybe have it happen around nightly restart time?
The dungeon would start off easy, a few zombies and skeletons. But as you get further while rewards become richer enemies become much much harder.
At the end of the dungeon, there could even be some sort of sub-boss to fight.

Something like this could allow for some interesting quests related to the dungeon and it'd be easy to add some Christmas or Halloween rooms to the list of things that could appear in the dungeon to also be randomly generated. A bit off a stretch is you could have limited time dungeons that are extra hard to complete giving you debuffs or limited gear instead of being able to bring your god armour making it a much tougher thing to beat.
You could even switch up the Dreadfort and have it randomly generate off this idea.
Maybe one per each continent to stop people from camping them all, or it could randomly move to different spots across Loka on different days.
But no 2 dungeons will ever be the same meaning it'll add a lot of replayability and while I'm not fully sure what rewards we could put here there's also something to make going worthwhile.

Once again this was an idea I thought about and thought it'd be nice to suggest it here. It would take a lot of work to set up but would be a pretty cool addition in my opinion at least.
IMO there should be one, maybe two, at each RI. Anywhere else people will get mad that they are in there town’s basement.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
This is certainly something we would love to add and is one of our long term goals. However, being realistic, we are a long way off doing something like this. It's would take a crazy amount of time, work and resources to put something like this together. We have plans in place to gradually add PvE content that builds towards this eventually being added.

mindblaster007

This is certainly something we would love to add and is one of our long term goals. However, being realistic, we are a long way off doing something like this. It's would take a crazy amount of time, work and resources to put something like this together. We have plans in place to gradually add PvE content that builds towards this eventually being added.
These would occur somewhere other than towns if implemented, correct?

ACwavelength

Slicer
Maybe as a reward you could get uncraftable blocks, tools and armour, such as the trident, or heart of the sea from an underwater level.

Back