Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Added Dynamic Surroundings & Presence Footsteps

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Name: Dynamic Surroundings
Link: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/dynamic-surroundings-fabric-edition
Description: Adds a bunch of cool ambience stuff that I'm really digging.
Reason: Would be quite cool to have on Loka for ambience and such.

Name: Footsteps
Link: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/presence-footsteps
Description: A companion mod that goes along with dynamic surroundings (posted above) and adds footsteps sounds.
Reason: Goes along with the mod above nicely.

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
Dynamic Surroundings sounds like a good mod to add to the list.
Footsteps on the other hand might not be a good mod to add to the list, the sounds can give a slight advantage to people with the mod as it gives them that extra bit of time to react. But it might not be that big of a deal as it's only a slight advantage. I'll wait for what others have to say about this first tho.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Footsteps on the other hand might not be a good mod to add to the list, the sounds can give a slight advantage to people with the mod as it gives them that extra bit of time to react. But it might not be that big of a deal as it's only a slight advantage. I'll wait for what others have to say about this first tho.
Explain? Footsteps have sounds regardless of this mod...

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
Dynamic Surroundings sounds like a good mod to add to the list.
Unsure how far off this mod gives footsteps noises, but as foxy said, footsteps already have sound. On top of that, you can use normal subtitles to get a better heads up already.

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
Explain? Footsteps have sounds regardless of this mod...
From what it sounds like on the mod page, it sounds like that the footsteps are more defined if that makes any sense. Basically giving the player more of a defined foot pattern to listen for, didn't see if the sound also applied for mobs or entities, but from what the mod seems like, it seems just for players.

And Bat regarding your quote, thats a feature everyone can use, as that's something that comes with the game. Not to mention I believe that tracks all entities, so you could get spooked by a pig, or a chicken.

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
From what it sounds like on the mod page, it sounds like that the footsteps are more defined if that makes any sense. Basically giving the player more of a defined foot pattern to listen for, didn't see if the sound also applied for mobs or entities, but from what the mod seems like, it seems just for players.

And Bat regarding your quote, thats a feature everyone can use, as that's something that comes with the game. Not to mention I believe that tracks all entities, so you could get spooked by a pig, or a chicken.
Yes, but how is more defined footsteps any more inherently useful that subtitles which give you an arrow for which direction the footsteps are coming from. My point that anyone can use this, is reason that this mod doesn’t give any advantage. I’d like to see it tested, but if there is no distinguishing in sound between players and animals(as you brought up) I don’t see a reason not to allow it.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Yes, but how is more defined footsteps any more inherently useful that subtitles which give you an arrow for which direction the footsteps are coming from. My point that anyone can use this, is reason that this mod doesn’t give any advantage. I’d like to see it tested, but if there is no distinguishing in sound between players and animals(as you brought up) I don’t see a reason not to allow it.
I believe all the mod does is add new sounds for ground blocks depending on if you're running/walking, as well as for blocks that don't have specific sounds and just have generic ones currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back