Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Extended Builder

jakeman5

Slicer
I was thinking it would be very helpful to make town builders able to be added for multiple days up to a week. The advantage of this is if you are helping someone you don’t need to get them to continuously log on to get builder.

I don’t see any reasons for this to be a problem as it just eliminates the need to continuously log on at the same time.

So for example this is what it would look like:

/town builder add (player) (level) (number of days represented by a number)

/town builder add jakeman5 1 7

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1854

If you can add builders for one week the cooldown on rejoining towns have literally no effect anymore.
Also if you are doing ‘big build projects’ you would have enough people to give you builder again

3D3R

Sentry
If you can add builders for one week the cooldown on rejoining towns have literally no effect anymore.
Also if you are doing ‘big build projects’ you would have enough people to give you builder again

jakeman5

Slicer
Being a builder doesn’t give you the abilities of a town member. If that was the argument than being a builder in the first place shouldn’t be allowed because you could do it for 7 days straight then you get around the cool down.

3D3R

Sentry
Being a builder doesn’t give you the abilities of a town member. If that was the argument than being a builder in the first place shouldn’t be allowed because you could do it for 7 days straight then you get around the cool down.
u keep builder outside the town all the zones in level 4 and thats it

D

Deleted member 1854

I’m not sure I understand what you are saying here.
He means that you have access to everything and every zone that is up to level 4
If a town member is lvl 4 what ‘ability’ is different from a builder with lvl 4

jakeman5

Slicer
He means that you have access to everything and every zone that is up to level 4
If a town member is lvl 4 what ‘ability’ is different from a builder with lvl 4
Being able to walk through the portal in spawn and go to the town.

Ability to fight for a town while being a builder.

D

Deleted member 1854

So what you’re saying is that every builder added only gets added to build?
Tbh i think it is often used to not get stuck in traps etc

jakeman5

Slicer
So what you’re saying is that every builder added only gets added to build?
Usually they are added to build or if the town is needing to be flown through or they got stuck.

Those are the reasons usually. I mean obviously there are other reasons. But 9/10 that’s why.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

Along with dual citizenship, this is why. If you want to help build big projects that require long stays to build, join their town.

jakeman5

Slicer
Along with dual citizenship, this is why. If you want to help build big projects that require long stays to build, join their town.
What is the difference if you can just add someone as a builder 7 days straight by logging on each day vs doing it in the beginning? There is zero change in the outcome. You are attempting to prevent something that is already possible.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
What is the difference if you can just add someone as a builder 7 days straight by logging on each day vs doing it in the beginning? There is zero change in the outcome. You are attempting to prevent something that is already possible.

It's intended to be a pain. We don't want people living in town A and building for town B for long periods of time; it removes any sense of loyalty to a town. If you want to have constant 3rd-party builders, you'll just need to keep adding them. This is one of those things we have no real plans to change our minds on.

Back