Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

False Banned for Confusion

MoistP

Well, I was pvping last night, was popping off, and my dad is trying to turn off the wifi, and I keep switching wifis because we have maybe 5 of them. On the last wifi, I get pulled into a staff sit because I was doing too good, and halfway through the sit, my wifi gets turned off and I panic. Melon was in voice with me at the time and got the discord of one of the admins, who I contacted and showed a video(will attach files for admins only) and he told me to talk to another admin and sort it out, and he referred me to here. Attachments of 3 videos(given to admins not yall), all of which are up to when he pulls me into a sit and then when I log off, but theres like 2 minutes missing like 10 minutes after getting wifi turned off when I didn't shadowplay instant capture it. In the first video, when Melon is saying that he knows I have a client, I was messing around a week or 2 ago and got told to not hack again, and I didn't so I have the client installed for another server, but I wasn't using it when I was on Loka. 3rd video shows my last used client (which was my optifine) and it shows the other clients I have for other servers.

mindblaster007

All these different ’wifis’ are from the same service provider, Comcast, WOW, or Xfinity are a few examples, right?

Last edited:

mindblaster007

all of them were from fios yeah, cuz we have google home, he uses the website to shut them off
Thanks, you just proved your lying. Those different ’WIFIs’ are just different access points with different permissions, security, etc. Access Points are connected to router, which is connected to a modem. If your father shut on off, they would all shut off. Providers only connect their services to one modem. The only exception would be if you used multiple providers, which would be sky-high expensive.

TLDR: All those ‘WIFIs’ are connected to the same thing. Turning one off shuts them all off.

MoistP

It's almost as if I wasn't the one doing it my misinformed peer. I said already that it was my dad buddy.
also my good friend, have you tried turning off the google home wifis on verizon fios website? because you can shut them off for certain devices one by one fellow gamer. have you even done research or anything? or based off of your own full and rewarding experience of a life is all that there is for everyone right? no you

Last edited by a moderator:

mindblaster007

Actually, this is one of my many technological areas of expertise. Also, as it states here, the google wifi connects to the Modem which is connected to your ISP. You can turn off your service or kill the Modem. You can’t disconnect the access-points, Google WIFIs, unless you unplug them manually.

Also, thanks for the compliments. I think that’s legit the nicest thing I’ve ever been called on this server.

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
Actually, this is one of my many technological areas of expertise. Also, as it states here, the google wifi connects to the Modem which is connected to your ISP. You can turn off your service or kill the Modem. You can’t disconnect the access-points, Google WIFIs, unless you unplug them manually.

Also, thanks for the compliments. I think that’s legit the nicest thing I’ve ever been called on this server.

Google Wifi is a mesh network, so all the access points present themselves to wireless clients as a single SSID, but they're still individual devices on the network and can be restricted individually by the router they're all connected to. Mesh networks are self-healing, so when one point goes down traffic gets rerouted through another point. The client would almost certainly experience some packet loss/downtime though.

That being said, if this story is true I don't understand why his Dad wouldn't just use the Google Wifi app to kick his son off the wifi instead of playing wack-a-mole blocking meshnet nodes.

MoistP

Google Wifi is a mesh network, so all the access points present themselves to wireless clients as a single SSID, but they're still individual devices on the network and can be restricted individually by the router they're all connected to. Mesh networks are self-healing, so when one point goes down traffic gets rerouted through another point. The client would almost certainly experience some packet loss/downtime though.

That being said, if this story is true I don't understand why his Dad wouldn't just use the Google Wifi app to kick his son off the wifi instead of playing wack-a-mole blocking meshnet nodes.
because he didnt know that i connected to the other one and when i didnt come upstairs to bed he just shut off a different one. it was 1am anyways

mindblaster007

Yeah, but he could’ve just turned off the modem... why do it all individually.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
For what it's worth, in your evidence video, you claim your WiFi was turned off but that doesn't show at all.

What does show is that your MC seems to disconnect, but TheFreshLemon can still be seen and heard typing in your VC. Further, you go to your WiFi panel in Windows and it shows Connected and Secured. Had he nuked the WiFi you'd've fully disconnected and you would have lost connection to your Discord VC at the same general time as MC disconnected.

Curious how you'd like to explain that.

MoistP

For what it's worth, in your evidence video, you claim your WiFi was turned off but that doesn't show at all.

What does show is that your MC seems to disconnect, but TheFreshLemon can still be seen and heard typing in your VC. Further, you go to your WiFi panel in Windows and it shows Connected and Secured. Had he nuked the WiFi you'd've fully disconnected and you would have lost connection to your Discord VC at the same general time as MC disconnected.

Curious how you'd like to explain that.

Ok so basically on verizon fios theres a parental control panel right, and my dad can turn off the wifi and theres still connection to the internet, i can receive input from the internet, but no output, which is why i can receive audio of people talking, but they couldnt hear me and I can't go to websites and stuff like that. That's my experience with it, but I don't know it in full detail.

Back