Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Fishing Complaint

Otvm

Slicer
I have noticed something very American about fish. (They are measured in pounds) Not everyone in Loka is American. I would like Loka to switch to metric measurements, if that is possible.

Grubul

Slicer
But then... all of the current fishes , would become a burden, like those two kinds of power shards were. Lets just imagine, they are not american pounds but instead -

LBS = Loka's bulk system
as our measurment system

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
To be fair, Loka is a US server founded by Americans and has been predominantly American until the past year or so. While I very much enjoy the very large EU population we've had lately, for reasons that mostly boil down to "America!", I presume we'll probably stay with the Imperial System for the time being.

Also, Magpieman (from the UK) is the one that came up with the fish being in lbs. So, blame him :D

Lazuli73

Slicer
If you don't mind I'm going to highjack your ideally named thread. I also have a complaint with current fishing system.

The whole weighed fish is a nice little addition, but I feel the record feature is, a tad flawed. Right now there is one outstanding record. It can only be broken if someone, some how, catches a larger fish. I propose that we alter the system slightly to give someone else a chance to be the ultamite angler. The current record can still be, but we add a monthly challenge where the larger fish caught that month earns the player a prize. Whoever holds the record for largest fish ever caught earns the Angler rank.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
If you don't mind I'm going to highjack your ideally named thread. I also have a complaint with current fishing system.

The whole weighed fish is a nice little addition, but I feel the record feature is, a tad flawed. Right now there is one outstanding record. It can only be broken if someone, some how, catches a larger fish. I propose that we alter the system slightly to give someone else a chance to be the ultamite angler. The current record can still be, but we add a monthly challenge where the larger fish caught that month earns the player a prize. Whoever holds the record for largest fish ever caught earns the Angler rank.

Yeah the intent was always to implement a periodic (think every day, two days, week, etc) fishing tournament that would automatically run, automatically rotate around the world, etc. The tournament would be a way to earn the title(s) and earn rewards, etc.

Of course most of our features have extended plans, and yeah most of them wind up being the first pass implementations, but onwards and upwards!

Lazuli73

Slicer
The way I pictured it fishing derbies would be a once monthly event where players catch the largest/most fish within a time span, like one hour. The system of biggest fish caught that month or so, I believe, would allow more casual players to compete.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
The way I pictured it fishing derbies would be a once monthly event where players catch the largest/most fish within a time span, like one hour. The system of biggest fish caught that month or so, I believe, would allow more casual players to compete.

Yep, that's about the jist of it. Though, I didn't think they'd be monthly, unless like that's like "The Big One" and there are more frequent, smaller ones throughout the month.

Back