Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Fixing the Past, Part IV

Commander_12

Slicer
Stretching up to the heavens, Preksak’s Tower cast a shadow over everything below. In the arms of the artifices, Commander could see below, thousands and thousands of people slaving away.

It went all the way out to the horizon, people chained, mining for obsidian. The purpose of doing this was unknown. Artifices and cyborgs guarded all of them, the red spotlights of the artifices illuminated everything. Cries of pain and suffering echoed off the walls.

Commander winced and tried not to cry when he heard it. There was nothing he could do at the moment. At the foot of the Dark Tower, a massive obsidian door was there. Carved into it were detailed patterns with vines growing over it.

The door slowly opened the sound of it scraping echoed off the valleys below. Coming into a huge, open area, a single desk sat in the center. Commander looked around and saw massive obsidian chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. A lone figure sat at the desk, looking at a computer terminal. Commander gasped when he realized who it was. Looking centuries old and if she could blow away to dust any second, sat PartayArc. Half her face was covered in cybernetic parts like 36s.

“PartayArc! Arc! Arc! It’s me, Commander! Don’t you remember me?”

Arc didn’t bother to look at Commander and only looked straight at 36s.

“We have them for the Observer, my liege.” 36s said with a monotone voice

“Very good, I shall inform him that you are bringing the rebels to be executed.”

“Arc? What the hell has gotten into you? You wouldn’t condemn people to death like this!” Commander said

“There’s no point, Commander. She’s too far gone.” Skuhoo said.

The artifices started moving towards an elevator and Commander started screaming her name out, begging her to come to her senses. Soon, the screaming became muffled as the group entered an elevator. It slowly got quieter and quieter until Arc could no longer hear them.

Arc turned back to face her terminal and started typing away, processing the rebels into the system.

A single tear fell down her eye.

Soon, the group was brought to the top of the tower. Reminding Commander of the rumoured Preksak lab, the ceiling was made entirely out of glass, looking out onto the valleys of suffering below. The sky was still nothing but black. In the middle of the room lay a device that was shooting a beam up into the sky. It lay in a glass tube, shooting, glowing like it was enchanted. Commander quickly realized what it was.

It was Preksak’s compass, his signature device. Only if he could get to it somehow.

In the corner of the room, sat a couple of jail cells, with clear walls that allowed someone to look in. Commander saw what looked like a woman slumped over asleep, but he couldn’t get a good look. Oh god, what if it was Jedoi?

Sitting behind an obsidian desk, much like the one on the ground floor, was a figure turned away in a chair. The figure turned around to face the group.

“Ah, the rebels that had been such a pain in my back. A minor pain, but still a pain nonetheless.”

It was Preksak and Commander found himself trembling at the sight of him. He looked exactly like the museum records Commander had seen of him. His red eyes only seemed to be glowing much more intensely than he imagined they would. It just seemed like an underlying current of anger and cruelty existed within him.

“You rang?” Skuhoo said sarcastically.

An artifice hit Skuhoo with a baton and an electrical current went through it, causing him to seize up. Skuhoo fell silent after that.

“And Commander 12. The even more huge pain in my back. But nonetheless, you brought me the one thing I need to finish my device here.”

Reaching into his robe, Preksak held up the piece of the knife Commander had gotten from Tee.

“I wasn’t counting on your Wizard friend to give you a piece of this. You probably would have been much happier back in your original timeline. I fixed it for you and this is how you repay me? Coming to try to stop me? Tsk, tsk Andy. You should have stayed. I’m going to kill all of you now.”

“ I really wish Wizardteepot would appear now,” muttered Adzy

“Wait, what?” Commander said, not quite hearing what Adzy said

“Finally, the smallest and weakest rebellion in the history of rebellions will be crushed. Why couldn’t you stay down, Adzy? You know what I’m trying to do for all of us. I only wish you the best. When I am done, I shall bring about the creation of a new universe, made in my image. There will be no pain, no suffering, no anger or hate. Only pure joy and bliss.”

“Mhmm, well, you enslaved us for all of our miserable lives, so maybe I don’t know what to join your Eden,” Adzy said.

“That’s a shame, Adzy. Really is. Bring forth the first to be executed.”

An artifice brought forth SilentStormSix.

“Wait, no, no, not him! I should be the one!” Adzy said.

Preksak got up from his desk and walked over to SilentStormSix and pulled out the shard of the knife.

“For Loka,” SilentStormSix said

Preksak put his arm back and then plunged the shard of the knife into SilentStormSix’s chest.

The artifice let go out of his body and it crumpled to the floor.

“God damn it, Preksak!” Skuhoo screamed.

The artifice holding Skuhoo moved forward and Preksak moved forward, preparing to do the same thing. Suddenly, a figure seemed to be phasing into existence behind Preksak’s desk. Preksak turned around to see who it was.

The figure pulled down his hood and it was WizardteePot!

“Tee! I thought you died!” Commander said.

“The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

Tee pulled a sword out of his robe and started running for Preksak head-on. Preksak, being distracted, dropped the piece of the knife on the ground. The artifices also dropped the group and moved in on Tee. Preksak and the artifices were soon firing off beams of lightning toward Tee, who deflected them with the sword.

“The sword of Hyrule,” Adzy said, “He said he would appear in our moment of greatest need,”

Turning around, Commander saw that the compass was unguarded. If he could get it, he could shut off whatever device this was.

“Sku, help Adzy get the woman from the prison cell. I’m going for the compass.”
Adzy and Sku bolted off for the prison cells while Commander ran for the compass. Soon, Commander stood in front of the tube holding it. Reaching in, Commander grabbed it, wincing, hoping nothing weird would happen to him. Suddenly Commander felt a shock go through his body and saw a vision of something.

In a white void, a red-haired man with glasses sat at a desk, typing into a computer. Soon, the vision was over.

What the hell did that mean and who is that? Commander thought. And what does Preksak want to get to them?

The fight between Tee and Preksak was getting more and more intense. Tee looked like he couldn’t last much longer. Adzy and Skuhoo approached Commander under fire, carrying the woman in their arms.

Commander lifted up the face of the woman and was shocked. It was not Jedoi.

“Who are you?” Commander asked.

“Scoot-Scoot-Scooter.” the woman mumbled, barely conscious.

The name was vaguely familiar to Commander, but he couldn’t place a finger on who it was.

“Here, I figured you also needed this,” Skuhoo said reluctantly

Holding in his hand was the piece of the knife Preksak used to kill SilentStormSix. Skuhoo had thankfully wiped the blood off. Suddenly, the piece of the knife flew out of Skuhoo’s hand and attached to the compass like a piece of metal. Commander dropped the compass out of shock and a blue portal opened up like the one Commander used to escape Grimdale and to come to Loka.

Commander felt the wind pick up and it felt like he was being sucked into the portal. The compass and the shard of the knife went flying in, along with other debris lying around.

Adzy let go of Scooter, and said to Commander:

“You and Skuhoo go through the portal. I’m going to help Tee hold Preksak off.”

“What? Are you insane? It’s suicidal” Commander said.

‘I’m sorry. I can’t leave Tee behind and I must avenge SilentStormSix. You go.”

Adzy then shoved Commander, causing him to trip and fall backwards into the portal, screaming and cursing at Adzy for what he had done.

Skuhoo took one look at Adzy and said:

“Good luck boss. You’re going to need it.”

Skuhoo handed Adzy one of the electric batons he had picked up from when the artifice had dropped it. Skuhoo then stepped into the portal with Scooter, and they were whisked away, to parts unknown.

“Noooooo! Stop them! Fly into the portal.” Preksak screamed.

But it was too late. The portal closed. Adzy stood alone, standing with the electric baton. Tee had collapsed onto the ground, still holding the Sword of Hyrule in his hand. He nodded a look of knowing at Adzy.

“Once more unto the breach,” Adzy said, charging forward at the artifices.

Back