Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Fixing the Past, Part. V

Commander_12

Slicer
Tee and Preksak were locked in a battle for the ages. Something had gone horribly wrong, why was Preksak here, centuries before he was meant to return? And did Commander, Skuhoo, and Adzy end up here? Why was SilentStormSix dead? And what did Scooter have to do with all of this?

Shortly after appearing behind Preksak’s desk, Tee charged him with the sword of Hyrule. This provided the needed distraction that allowed Commander to grab the compass to escape.

Tee said to Preksak in the middle of their battle:

“Preksak! Why have you returned before you meant to? What did you do?”

Preksak in the middle of their battle laughed and said:
“I’m fixing the past. Returning things to the way things were always meant to be. With me in charge of everything.”

Preksak and his artifices shot lightning bolts off at Tee who kept managing to dodge them, striking down artifices all around him. Tee saw out of the corner of his eye seeing Commander reaching for the compass. He also saw Skuhoo and Adzy breaking down the glass wall of Scooter’s cell to save her.

Tee felt a sharp pain in his chest. His fighting this hard and against so many opponents was draining him. His tether to this reality was breaking. So that gave Tee even more reason to fight. Jumping back up, he fought with more ferociousness and hacked down more of Preksak’s artifices. Suddenly Preksak noticed the commotion behind him occurring, screaming at his artifices to stop them. Commander nodded a look at Tee but then Adzy shoved him into the portal before he could say something.

But it was too late, Commander, Skuhoo and Scooter managed to enter the portal. Adzy stood with an electric baton as the portal closed behind him. He charged at the artifices, attacking with the same anger Tee felt.

Tee collapsed to the ground, the sword dropping to his side. He had used up too much of his power.

Adzy, despite his Herculean efforts, was struck down and captured by the artifices. Preksak approached Tee and picked up the sword.

“You are a foolish old man. You brought me the one weapon that could defeat me. And now you must die for what you have done. But first, I finally have to crush the minor pain that Adzy has.”

Preksak motioned for the artifices to bring Adzy forward and drop him on the ground. Preksak raised the sword, getting ready to take off Adzy’s head.

“It’s been a fun run, hasn’t it Tee? See you on the other side.”

Preksak brought down the sword of Hyrule, chopping off Adzy’s head. A spatter of blood landed on Tee’s face. Tee started sobbing violently at the brutality he saw. Preksak handed the sword to one of his artifices and wiped the blood clean off the sword.

“Now, it’s time to deal with you meddling old man. Artifices open the side of the dome.”

The artifices did what Preksak commanded them and Tee felt a sudden gust of wind behind him.

“You thought you could stop me, and look at what it’s cost you. You should have simply disappeared into irrelevance and the history books. But, you chose to die instead. I will grant you what you deserve.”

Preksak lifted up Tee with superhuman strength and threw him out of the dome. Tee fell at supersonic speeds, feeling the wind and the approaching ground below him coming up fast.

Tee, in his final moments, thought only of Auru. Flashbacks of his wedding, his life there and the times he had with loved ones and friends. He mainly thought of his children. Why did fate decide to end things here for him? Before Tee could get the answer to that, the coldness and blackness of death embraced him.

His final thought was:
“Save us all, Andy. Find the old ones.”

Preksak held the sword of Hyrule in his hands.

“So after so many years, it’s finally in my hands. The sword that has caused me so much trouble”

Preksak then brought the sword up to his knees and broke it, letting it shatter to the floor. The sword then started to fade out of reality and disappeared shortly after it was broken.

Preksak then turned to his artifices and pressed a button summoning 36s from his regeneration chamber. 36s soon was in front of Preksak’s desk, standing motionless, waiting for his next command.

“Bring me the Head Hunters. I have a very special mission for them.” Preksak.
36s did what his master sought of him and soon two figures stood in front of him. It was Evil_X and Pac_Man. They were cyborgs just like 36s and Arc, except they had more weapons built into them.

“Ah, my beloved bounty hunters. You know what I did for you years ago? Giving you Cryptite’s head like you wanted? Letting you crush the rebellion? Well, I have one last special mission for you. Then you can have the fruit you want.”

“Bring me the head of Commander 12 and his friends. I expect nothing but the best from you. I know you will deliver because you always do.”

The Head Hunters looked at each other silently and then back to Preksak and nodded. Preksak then pulled something out from his desk. It was a darkened piece of a knife.

“They have escaped into the multiverse, going god knows where. But this should allow you to track them. Find them. I know you well. Most importantly though, bring me back my compass and the shard of the knife Commander has.”

The Head Hunters both nodded silently and Evil_X took the shard and a portal opened up behind them. They soon stepped through and the portal disappeared behind them.

Preksak was soon left alone in his tower and sighed.

“It’s time to go visit an old friend.”

MagPieMan had been in exile for many years at this point. Unlike the other Guardians who disappeared after Cryptite’s defeat, Preksak captured him for some unknown purpose. He figured he was torturing and taunting him. The failure of losing to Preksak haunted Mag every single waking moment of every day.

Preksak had exiled him to a tiny island, with only one tree and a run-down shack. Hard rock beaches surrounded the island and there was very little plant life on it. Preksak provided just enough food and water for him to barely survive. He never gave more or less. A purple barrier surrounded the island, preventing Mag from escaping and stripping him of his powers. In the far distance, he could Preksak’s Dark Spire, reminding him of how much failed.

Mag was in the middle of making dinner when a knock at the shack door happened. Mag ignored it. He knew who it was. He knew that they were going to break in regardless. Mag kept on making dinner. The door opened slowly and Preksak walked in.

“Hello, Mag.”

“Hello, Preksak”. Mag said. Mag kept ignoring Preksak and kept making his dinner.

“Your attempt to stop me has failed, you know.”

“Why should I care?”

“Because Wizardteepot is dead.”

This caused Mag to stop what he was doing.

“Your attempt to give him the sword of Hyrule failed, although he did manage to give Commander 12 the piece of the knife you held onto for so long.”

“Don’t bother, as I’ve sent my best bounty hunters after them. Your pitiful attempts to stop me Mag have failed. I have come to dish out a punishment.”

“Isn't punishment enough for you to leave me here? Rotting away, seeing you gloat in success? I get it. You’re better than me. You won. Now, leave me alone.”

“ I would normally agree with that. But no, I have to put you back in your place. Remind you of where you belong in all of this.”

“What are you going to do?

“Oh, I’m not going to kill you, Mag. No, that would be in your favour. Instead, I’m going to make your exile worse. I’m sending you beyond time and space. To the void that exists in between. You will float there for the rest of eternity, away from everyone. Floating in darkness, being lost to madness.”

“Kill me, you pathetic worm.”

“No, I won’t.”

A portal opened up behind Mag and Preksak kicked him in.

Mag found himself floating in a black void with Preksak looking in from the portal.

“Enjoy your solitude, Mag. Hopefully, it gives you more time to think.”

Preksak started laughing and the portal closed. Mag was left in the darkness, not being able to see in front of him. He couldn’t even see his own hand. But Mag wasn’t angry or sad.

He was relieved. His plan so far was working.

“It’s time to bring the group back together. It’s time to find the Guardians.”

Back