Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Further incentivizing wilds pvp

ThePigGang

Guardian
In my opinion, radar ganks provided some of the most fun PvP experiences I've had on Loka. There's something special about venturing deep into enemy continents with no safety net except for distant docks. Those moments when there weren't any conquest fights, and alliances united to protect radars from players trying to destroy them. Sadly, I've noticed a decline in wild PvP activities lately, and radar ganks have become rare. To reignite this aspect of the game, I've been brainstorming some ideas to encourage players, including myself, to venture out of our towns and engage in more PvP beyond conquest and cove. A lot of ideas regarding KOTH like events have been brought up in the past and they are in the pipeline, hopefully our discussions bring it up the ladder as far as priority goes.

Example implementations to incentivize more radar usage:
1. Incentive to place radars could be tiles with radars on it passively increasing loot for industries. Incentive to break them could be gaining a small amount of the exclusive resources from the biome that the radar is on.
2. Being able to place multiple mods on a radar, making radar mods items that physically drop when you break a radar and can be used to mod your own radars at no cost.

Example implementation to incentivize more PvP at resource isles:
1. Resource Rush, an event that happens every 3 days or so where one of the 3 ri's have 2x the loot they normally have. This would encourage players to all go mining at the same time.

Example implementation to incentivize more world PvP at continents:
1. Infested tiles have a chance of spawning corrupted pads that have a set amount of Dreadfort denizens, once killed the pad becomes a KOTH.

I insist if any of you have anything to add or any suggestions to please comment. Any ideas regarding KOTH please go into as much detail as possible.

Eyvah

We want to add events in lots of places, but the base RIs are not one of them. They are not intended to be gank hot spots as they are the only source of ores in large quantities and are designed with new players in mind.

This is such a cool idea and i hope there is more events implemented to make active ganks rather than peoole just going to zyre cove all the time

Wagle11

. Incentive to place radars could be tiles with radars on it passively increasing loot for industries. Incentive to break them could be gaining a small amount of the exclusive resources from the biome that the radar is on.
Yes maybe a mod that gives more industry resources just like how double drops used to be used on gp cave tiles

Back