Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Griefing in the Nether

Zor95

Slicer
I propose that we allow griefing of all kinds in the Nether, though perhaps disable TNT there so it doesn't get out of hand.

Currently the typical griefing rules apply which mean only the most valuable resources can be stolen. I've noticed a number of enchanting stations complete with bookshelves lying around in the Nether and I am only allowed to steal the enchanting table. Unfortunately at this point the bookshelves are actually more valuable and I would like to be able to steal them. Considering the nature of the Nether and how often it resets I don't think people should have the safety to leave resources lying around anyways.

turtlemaster01

Slicer
I agree completely. If there is something in the nether that we wont we should be able to take it because it will just regen after 2 hours anyways.

Wolfegger

Slicer
Maybe players shouldn't be able to place items there. Wasn't the nether island intended as a place for resource acquisition?

Wolfegger

Slicer
Ya, I just realized that as I was mining nether brick. I was underground, and made holes in the ceiling occasionally--I placed blocks to fill in the holes, hoping to go unnoticed.

Still, I didn't know that they thought of the nether island as a place to build and as a grinder. But maybe it's fine this way, with all the risk that going to the nether island entails.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
In fact the Nether just got a little screwy. It's meant to act like a territory in that any placed or broken blocks will revert after some time, meaning there is virtually no good reason to place blocks of importance there as they will be removed after a period of time.

Back