Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Industrial Revitalization

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
I hate how Industries are right now

Plain and simple, they are just too free. I see town owners just going "Go collect industries", nothing about it is that interactive or interesting, it's just a chore. Now I understand why Industries are underpowered, they want us to go grind for our materials, and it makes sense, but I felt like there has to be a way to revamp industry. So I came up with a couple of ideas.

1: Create 2 more tiers for industries, this sound obvious, but here is where I get into the deeper bits.
Tier 1
industries will basically be the current industries, no changes, no buffs, no risks, no consequences. Earned at Level 20 in a field

Tier 2 industries will cost a bit to increase to, this I was thinking could be for the "Wide" Towns, aka grab as many territories as you can, and they'd have a boost on your output massively. This Industry Level will also cost a maintenance cost, for example, lets say 24 shards a day as a base cost, plus a 8*X Territories, not that bad for rich people, but it will tank it more and more. The more territories you have though, the more output you get, more will be described at the end when each upgrade & such will be described in full detail. Earned at Level 50 in the field

Tier 3 industries will cost a lot to increase, and will be more of for "tall" towns, aka don't have that much territory. They will boost your output massively compared to the Tier 2, but will be expensive to maintain, lets say, and this number can and will change, 128 shards a day, per industry, plus some other costs. This will give Towns a ton of resources for which they can stockpile, and then downgrade to a Wide town, and begin a fight. Again tier 3 buildings will be described in detail down below. Earned at Level 90 in a field

New Industries
This one is obvious, on the wiki it says that these industries are planned to be added, but they aren't, lets give that page a fresh look and add them! Like above, will be listed below
The Ironworks (Blacksmithing), Mixing Pot (Alchemy), Field Cafe (cooking), Logistics Hill (Engineering), Construction Site (Construction), Defense Tent (World PvP), Preparation Grounds (Arenas), Siege Camp (Battlegrounds), Construction Hut (Building)

New Policies!
Another obvious one, but why not take advantage of a town that industrializing? The policies will only affect towns with tier 2 or tier 3 industries, tier 1 towns will be left out. AGAIN, left til the end.

Industrial Boosts:
Industries should be able to be boosted, to increase profits, but this of course, will have its own affects. Boosts will basically have a 80-95% success rate, if it works, the boosts will take affect, but if it doesn't, well, the industry goes down for 24 hours, or another consequence. Again, will be described below

Player Involvement:
The main problem I see with Industry is that nothing can be done with it, this should be alleviated by having T2 or T3 industries work, the player has to complete some sort of mini-game with the industry, nothing too fancy. And also, fix the industry should it break down. They will get the parts from Logistics Hill, all of this will be explained at the end.

Guild of Axes
A relatively simple concept, every week, a group of NPC's will show up in the slums of Aladra, preferably the same room. The player goes to meet with them and begins the initiation ceremony & stuff, to do that they must do a series of quests, once accepted into their group, the player can trade with the NPC's in order to get special items, which will be used to upgrade their industries. You can't upgrade your industries without these items, they will also sell recipes & other tidbits for your industries. Basically a night with the boys. Although beware, the NPC's will only stay for the day (IRL), and leave when the server restarts.

Ability to Switch in between States
Towns, after reaching Level 2 will be able to switch between level 2, & level 1, but only during Truce, to give some sense of strategy. But you can only switch to a level one up or one down, so no 1 -> 3, or 3 -> 1, you must slowly make that effort.

Fuel Plants
Basically powers town buildings & gives all building a + 200% return on stuff, but will be costly to keep up, like a lot of lava buckets, or a TON of coal, or even costlier items, possibly nether stars

THE LIST

We'll start from the top of the Industries Page & Work our way down, starting with...

The Barn | Starter |
Tier 1:​
- Costs: No Costs​
- Slots: 10 (Number from Foxy)​
- Works like current Barn​
- Looks like current barn​
- 10 Resources every 3 hours​
Tier 2:​
- Upgrade Costs: 16,000 (first time, all other times it will be 4,000), shards, & one Industrialized Plan (Gotten from the Guild)
Costs: 64 shards a day + Territories*16 a day​
- Slots: 16​
- Max Used Slots: 8​
- Output will be dependent on the number of animals in the barn, so if there are y animals in the barn, y animals * 30 * X Territories every hour. This can change, but you get the point​
- y30x + bonus resources every hour​
Tier 3:​
- Upgrade Costs: 80,000 (first time, all other times it will be 20,000) shards, three Industrialized Plans, and 5 Mechanized Machine Plans (Both gotten from guild)​
- Costs: 256 Shards a day + Territories*512 a day​
- Slots: 24​
Max used slots: 24​
- Same behavior as Tier 2 Barn​
- y90x + bonus resources every hour​
Now that I typed that out, I don't think I will type out all the other ones, but here's a list of what the other new industries I think should do.​
Ironworks: Smelts iron ore (gotten from mine) into iron, possibility to sometimes craft an AI. Will also, if told to, craft iron tools for the other industries, gathering industries only. Requires an anvil weekly, and pickaxes. Requires Logistic's Hill​
Mixing Pot: Makes one batch of pots (Full Dub chest) every 4 hours depending on the resources the player drops into the input chests. Requires Blaze powder.​
Field Cafe: Takes the meat from the barn & turns it into fully fledged fledged meals for the town to eat. Needs Coal & Wheat Requires Logistics Hill.​
Logistics Hill: Basically moves stuff between industries, can be upgraded to move stuff faster, also has storage space to store resources that have been created by industries​
Construction Site: Takes the raw material from the Dig site & turns it into construction material, ie sand to glass, can manually control what to make and not, requires pickaxes, axes, shovels, anvils, & coal. Requires Logistic's Hill​
Defense Tent: Every 2 hours, it makes one batch of healing potions, requires blaze powder​
Preparation Grounds: Makes metals into god metals, aka diamonds to god gear (not always perfect), requires enchanting bottles (larger lasts longer), & diamonds. Takes 1 hour to make one set​
Siege Camp: Makes strength potions, requires strength pots materials & blaze powder.​
Construction Site: Gives the town buffs, buffs only work in town, requires Logistic's Hill​
But you get the point, industry needs to be revitalized with new items, if anyone has any questions or suggestions to add, or why not to add this, I would like to hear it, this most likely won't be added, but I just want to hear others thoughts. Also this is just an idea, not something I hope gets added straight as is, only to create conversation of sorts.​

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
Also forgot to mention, these buffs should be expensive to create, and a bit pricy to keep, to counteract their buffs, while also trying to keep their buffs, well buffs. It's gonna be a hard hill to climb and find the perfect balance, but in the end, balance will be achieved if it comes

Lampp_

I hate how Industries are right now

Plain and simple, they are just too free. I see town owners just going "Go collect industries", nothing about it is that interactive or interesting, it's just a chore. Now I understand why Industries are underpowered, they want us to go grind for our materials, and it makes sense, but I felt like there has to be a way to revamp industry. So I came up with a couple of ideas.

1: Create 2 more tiers for industries, this sound obvious, but here is where I get into the deeper bits.
Tier 1
industries will basically be the current industries, no changes, no buffs, no risks, no consequences. Earned at Level 20 in a field

Tier 2 industries will cost a bit to increase to, this I was thinking could be for the "Wide" Towns, aka grab as many territories as you can, and they'd have a boost on your output massively. This Industry Level will also cost a maintenance cost, for example, lets say 24 shards a day as a base cost, plus a 8*X Territories, not that bad for rich people, but it will tank it more and more. The more territories you have though, the more output you get, more will be described at the end when each upgrade & such will be described in full detail. Earned at Level 50 in the field

Tier 3 industries will cost a lot to increase, and will be more of for "tall" towns, aka don't have that much territory. They will boost your output massively compared to the Tier 2, but will be expensive to maintain, lets say, and this number can and will change, 128 shards a day, per industry, plus some other costs. This will give Towns a ton of resources for which they can stockpile, and then downgrade to a Wide town, and begin a fight. Again tier 3 buildings will be described in detail down below. Earned at Level 90 in a field

New Industries
This one is obvious, on the wiki it says that these industries are planned to be added, but they aren't, lets give that page a fresh look and add them! Like above, will be listed below
The Ironworks (Blacksmithing), Mixing Pot (Alchemy), Field Cafe (cooking), Logistics Hill (Engineering), Construction Site (Construction), Defense Tent (World PvP), Preparation Grounds (Arenas), Siege Camp (Battlegrounds), Construction Hut (Building)

New Policies!
Another obvious one, but why not take advantage of a town that industrializing? The policies will only affect towns with tier 2 or tier 3 industries, tier 1 towns will be left out. AGAIN, left til the end.

Industrial Boosts:
Industries should be able to be boosted, to increase profits, but this of course, will have its own affects. Boosts will basically have a 80-95% success rate, if it works, the boosts will take affect, but if it doesn't, well, the industry goes down for 24 hours, or another consequence. Again, will be described below

Player Involvement:
The main problem I see with Industry is that nothing can be done with it, this should be alleviated by having T2 or T3 industries work, the player has to complete some sort of mini-game with the industry, nothing too fancy. And also, fix the industry should it break down. They will get the parts from Logistics Hill, all of this will be explained at the end.

Guild of Axes
A relatively simple concept, every week, a group of NPC's will show up in the slums of Aladra, preferably the same room. The player goes to meet with them and begins the initiation ceremony & stuff, to do that they must do a series of quests, once accepted into their group, the player can trade with the NPC's in order to get special items, which will be used to upgrade their industries. You can't upgrade your industries without these items, they will also sell recipes & other tidbits for your industries. Basically a night with the boys. Although beware, the NPC's will only stay for the day (IRL), and leave when the server restarts.

Ability to Switch in between States
Towns, after reaching Level 2 will be able to switch between level 2, & level 1, but only during Truce, to give some sense of strategy. But you can only switch to a level one up or one down, so no 1 -> 3, or 3 -> 1, you must slowly make that effort.

Fuel Plants
Basically powers town buildings & gives all building a + 200% return on stuff, but will be costly to keep up, like a lot of lava buckets, or a TON of coal, or even costlier items, possibly nether stars

THE LIST

We'll start from the top of the Industries Page & Work our way down, starting with...

The Barn | Starter |
Tier 1:​
- Costs: No Costs​
- Slots: 10 (Number from Foxy)​
- Works like current Barn​
- Looks like current barn​
- 10 Resources every 3 hours​
Tier 2:​
- Upgrade Costs: 16,000 (first time, all other times it will be 4,000), shards, & one Industrialized Plan (Gotten from the Guild)
Costs: 64 shards a day + Territories*16 a day​
- Slots: 16​
- Max Used Slots: 8​
- Output will be dependent on the number of animals in the barn, so if there are y animals in the barn, y animals * 30 * X Territories every hour. This can change, but you get the point​
- y30x + bonus resources every hour​
Tier 3:​
- Upgrade Costs: 80,000 (first time, all other times it will be 20,000) shards, three Industrialized Plans, and 5 Mechanized Machine Plans (Both gotten from guild)​
- Costs: 256 Shards a day + Territories*512 a day​
- Slots: 24​
Max used slots: 24​
- Same behavior as Tier 2 Barn​
- y90x + bonus resources every hour​
Now that I typed that out, I don't think I will type out all the other ones, but here's a list of what the other new industries I think should do.​
Ironworks: Smelts iron ore (gotten from mine) into iron, possibility to sometimes craft an AI. Will also, if told to, craft iron tools for the other industries, gathering industries only. Requires an anvil weekly, and pickaxes. Requires Logistic's Hill​
Mixing Pot: Makes one batch of pots (Full Dub chest) every 4 hours depending on the resources the player drops into the input chests. Requires Blaze powder.​
Field Cafe: Takes the meat from the barn & turns it into fully fledged fledged meals for the town to eat. Needs Coal & Wheat Requires Logistics Hill.​
Logistics Hill: Basically moves stuff between industries, can be upgraded to move stuff faster, also has storage space to store resources that have been created by industries​
Construction Site: Takes the raw material from the Dig site & turns it into construction material, ie sand to glass, can manually control what to make and not, requires pickaxes, axes, shovels, anvils, & coal. Requires Logistic's Hill​
Defense Tent: Every 2 hours, it makes one batch of healing potions, requires blaze powder​
Preparation Grounds: Makes metals into god metals, aka diamonds to god gear (not always perfect), requires enchanting bottles (larger lasts longer), & diamonds. Takes 1 hour to make one set​
Siege Camp: Makes strength potions, requires strength pots materials & blaze powder.​
Construction Site: Gives the town buffs, buffs only work in town, requires Logistic's Hill​
But you get the point, industry needs to be revitalized with new items, if anyone has any questions or suggestions to add, or why not to add this, I would like to hear it, this most likely won't be added, but I just want to hear others thoughts. Also this is just an idea, not something I hope gets added straight as is, only to create conversation of sorts.​
What is a "Batch of healing pots"
Otherwise this looks dope

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
I've realized later that I forgot to write down the other topics.

Policies I was thinking about are...
- Manufacturing Tax, Capital adds a 15% tax to industry, so industries cost 115% the usual, capital gets the extra.
- Animal Tax, Capital adds a 50% tax to any building that requires animals (barn & Logistics Hill T2 & T3), works similarly to Manufacturing Tax
- Mechanization, All industry works at 5 times speed every 2 days for 1 hour
- Child Labor, All Industry costs are reduced by 20%
- Sales Tax, industry items get a 15% tax on market, all other items get a 7% tax. World Capital gains the money

Industrial Boosts:
Every time the Guild comes together, the players can complete quests to get Guild Items that improve industry for a day.
- Overclocked Clock: Industries are 15% faster, lasts for one day, consumable
- Cryptic Cluedo: Industries cost 75% less for 6 hours (will be explained in Guild of Axes explanation) consumable
- Jakub's Jar: Industries can store 3x as much material, permanent
- Mechanized Machine Plan, used to upgrade to tier 3 Industry. Consumable
- Industrial Plan, used to upgrade to Tier 2 industry. Consumable
- Sparks Spindall: Artisans Industries are cheaper to maintain, 25% reduction

You get the point, every guardian (minus LCR nerd) and elder gets a item named after them

Player Involvement:
Players can complete quests from the Guild of Axes to get parts for machines that break down, the more Actives in a town, the more likely they will break down to prevent towns from just stockpiling these parts.
Players can also spend 5 minutes in an industry doing a mini game (t2 or t3 only) to boost it for the rest of the day or however long is appropriate.
This will help to get more town quests to do, strengthen activity so Players aren't bored while waiting and give PvE Team something to work on as they can update industry quests every now and then so it's not stale.

Guild of Axes
A group of several NPC's will travel from some mythical continent every week at one point and give quests to players, imagine it to be a sort of infinite single-player campaign of sorts.
They will arrive and say an Guardian or above pays to have them moved that week, it will be a random guardian or above each time, and that week they will have that person's specific boost t sell.
Players can join the Guild to be able to get access to these quests in order to not be wandering around town, even if the content is only on average 30 minutes a day, will severely improve the quality of life on Loka, more quests to do = more fun for everyone. Everyone likes quests because it gives them stuff to do.

Also every week, a group of let's say 5 random NPCs will be chosen from a pool of 15 NPC's to have their quests done, so quests each time is slightly different and not in the same order, players can, after finishing all five quests, do a final fourth quest which will grant them something which I don't know yet as this is still in a prototype phase.

Fuel Plants:
They won't be required, but will boost your output of all of your Industries by 200% if powered, if they're active, they will take 64 shards a day to run, and can be manually turned off. Each fuel source for the Fuel Plant gives a different bonus/consequence to the town and lasts for different lengths.

- Lava: Players near Industries can't stay for too long or they'll catch on fire, unless if they're doing a minigame, then they'll be immune to this effect until game ends. +280% bonus to Industries, one lava bucket lasts 30 minutes l
- Coal: Players near Industries will be blinded, unless if they're doing a minigame, then they'll be immune to this effect until the game ends. +215% bonus to Industries. Lasts 10 minutes
- Wood: The more tiles a town controls, the more energy it can harvest, 175% bonus, but a +10% bonus per territory. Lasts 10 minutes
- Netherstar: Longest lasting of all fuels, Lasts for 2 weeka, but Output is reduced to 180%. At the end of usage, all active players in town gain a large amount of shards, this number is to be determined.
- Blaze Rods: Lasts 30 minutes, players can't catch on fire when in town or territory.

Obviously some of these buffs will have to be nerfed or improved, but you get the gist of it

Back