Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Kills on Invisible Players Should Not Count as Teamkills

mimo4

Slicer
hello. today lemonade legion had a BALAK WAR. i was peacefully roaming the tile and stood still to check my phone. my dear friend and ally aut0pot was near me refilling with a shulker box. suddenly, an invisible thief attacked aut0pot and stole his shulker!! i acted quickly and shot the invisible thief on the spot. however, i was devastated to find that the invisible thief was a TEAMMATE!!! THIS MEANT THAT I WAS DEDUCTED ONE (1) KILL on the eldritchbot website as a penalty for team killing.

i think this is unjust as i had no way of knowing the culprit was a teammate and penalizing me for defending my fellow alliance member aut0pot from thievery sounds unfair. i think that you should not be penalized for killing invisible players as you would have no way of knowing they were on your team.

TLDR: me cant see invisible person so why me get punished for kill invisible person when me not knowing invisible person team player

Andward

Slicer
Hello! I can understand your frustration with the situation that occurred during the Balak War in Lemonade Legion. It can be frustrating to accidentally team-kill a teammate who was invisible at the time of the incident.

However, it's important to consider the perspective of the game developers and the purpose of penalizing team-killing. The penalty for team-killing is in place to discourage players from accidentally or intentionally harming their own team members, as it can disrupt gameplay and teamwork.

Invisible players can often be a part of game mechanics or strategies, and the penalty for team-killing still applies to them, even if they are invisible. While it may be challenging to differentiate between a teammate and an enemy when they are invisible, it is still the player's responsibility to exercise caution and avoid causing harm to their team.

One solution could be to implement a system that allows players to identify their teammates even when they are invisible, such as a special identifier or a specific color. This way, players can avoid mistakenly attacking their own team members, even if they are invisible.

Overall, while it may seem unfair to be penalized for killing an invisible teammate, it's important to remember that the penalty for team-killing is in place to promote teamwork and cooperation. By exercising caution and taking necessary precautions, players can avoid causing harm to their own team and maintain a positive game environment.

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
Go yell at the thief or thief's town's owner. Why is your alliance letting people who steal shulkers from their own team warp?

mimo4

Slicer
Hello! I can understand your frustration with the situation that occurred during the Balak War in Lemonade Legion. It can be frustrating to accidentally team-kill a teammate who was invisible at the time of the incident.

However, it's important to consider the perspective of the game developers and the purpose of penalizing team-killing. The penalty for team-killing is in place to discourage players from accidentally or intentionally harming their own team members, as it can disrupt gameplay and teamwork.

Invisible players can often be a part of game mechanics or strategies, and the penalty for team-killing still applies to them, even if they are invisible. While it may be challenging to differentiate between a teammate and an enemy when they are invisible, it is still the player's responsibility to exercise caution and avoid causing harm to their team.

One solution could be to implement a system that allows players to identify their teammates even when they are invisible, such as a special identifier or a specific color. This way, players can avoid mistakenly attacking their own team members, even if they are invisible.

Overall, while it may seem unfair to be penalized for killing an invisible teammate, it's important to remember that the penalty for team-killing is in place to promote teamwork and cooperation. By exercising caution and taking necessary precautions, players can avoid causing harm to their own team and maintain a positive game environment.
hey friend if you just dont rob the team they wont be killing you

mimo4

Slicer
Go yell at the thief or thief's town's owner. Why is your alliance letting people who steal shulkers from their own team warp?
this logic is inconsistent because why penalize teamkilling in the first place when you can yell at the teamkiller or the teamkillers towns owner

Wagle11

+1 i dont wanna have to carry around a crossbow and spectral arrows just so i dont teamkill the invis i see

mimo4

Slicer
(if admins want to keep a punishment for teamkilling you can fix this issue by making it so that if the player who was teamkilled had the invisibility effect applied, then the tk mechanics dont apply)

Eyvah

just use esp like me so you can see who it is problem solved.

(not a invesment advice)

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
this logic is inconsistent because why penalize teamkilling in the first place when you can yell at the teamkiller or the teamkillers towns owner
Being wrongfully teamkilled and not getting to play is a lot worse of an experience than accidentally teamkilling an invis and losing a kill.
(if admins want to keep a punishment for teamkilling you can fix this issue by making it so that if the player who was teamkilled had the invisibility effect applied, then the tk mechanics dont apply)
Admins don't control Eldritchbot, I do. Whether or not someone was invis when they died isn't currently exposed in the fight log but I'm sure @Cryptite could add that. I'd have no problem excluding invis players from counting as teamkills.

UghBraces

I don't think you understand the current state of Loka because nobody actually likes the alliance they are in or the people in it. People merely bond together to kill and destroy the opposition. In this world it is kill or be killed Skuhoo.

olpx

I don't think you understand the current state of Loka because nobody actually likes the alliance they are in or the people in it. People merely bond together to kill and destroy the opposition. In this world it is kill or be killed Skuhoo.
the sad part is that what you said is completely true no one is bound to a town or an alliance for that matter anymore alliances and towns merge and disperse every month at this point and everyone hates eachother even if in same alliance

UghBraces

the sad part is that what you said is completely true no one is bound to a town or an alliance for that matter anymore alliances and towns merge and disperse every month at this point and everyone hates eachother even if in same alliance
obviously there was some sarcasm in my message, but the core concept of it is true. Alliances arent really friend groups anymore. Theres usually a core group then a bunch of different recruited groups that all get into petty arguments and kill each other whether its on zyre, in town, or during fights

Back