Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Market Sales Sorting

How should the Market sort sales

• By best value

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Randomly

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Various ways this could be done. I feel like I want to make it auto-sort by best value at the top down, but here are my reasons why that may not be a great idea. Currently the Market (only for now) sorts sales by the order in which they are posted, with the oldest sales being first. This is only temporary.

Some have suggested it should sort by the best value for the sale. I'm on the fence about this. If people always know to look at the very top most sale, then people will be able to excercise zero effort in determining how to undercut people in order to get to the top of the list. In my opinion, there should be some amount of price comparison going on when you're shopping at the market. If you should accidentally buy something for too much, hey, that's your problem. If best-value items are at the top, I think it creates a competition nightmare.

Granted competition and undercutting will happen anyway, but should we do all the work for the players completely?

Please vote your opinion and provide your insight.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
Sort by cheapest makes the most sense, for buyers and sellers. If I'm willing to sell for cheaper my efforts should be acknowledged. Think of it like paying for advertising, with the payment being the cheaper price.

JocelynReed

Slicer
At first I thought randomly was best...but I am leaning towards cheaper

ST-V7-H250.gif

better for buyers
rewards good prices

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Market chests now sort by value. That value is based off the same conversion ratios of the Ore Exchanger.

Back