Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Monsters

Jedoi

Slicer
This time, the people attacking us aren't monsters. The words rang in my ears as I ran thorough the dark forests of Citadel's territory. Three territory generators were under attack by the most recent alliance, Argus. Our former allies, like Albion and Riften, and our former enemies- whom I personally did not consider enemies, merely opponents- such as Dragonstone and Basilica, were now, well, another word. What do you call those whom you are being attacked by, yet consider friends? I wondered as I followed the map to the nearest Generator under siege. Two dozen wolves followed me as I ran, hope in my heart I could save at least one generator. A neutral force. I decided, stumbling into a clearing. A skeleton appeared from behind the trees and shot my arm. I sucked in my breath at the pain, and calmed drank a bottle of a glowing pink liquid, as my loyal wolves attacked the undead foe with great force, killing it once again quickly. I felt the pain reside to a dull ache and continued on, finally arriving at the beach where the generator stood. I saw Argus's inhibitor not far away. This time, the people attacking this aren't monsters. I hit one of the Protecters with a sword once, and my noble wolves attacked and killed it. But with a price. Two of my dogs were killed, and half my health drained. I was without food, and without any more potions. I quickly climbed Citadel's generator, iron armour losing health as a zombie attacked. Once again, my wolves saved me. I would be helpless without my wolves. I thought. Without them, I am useless to the Vanguard. I stayed atop the generator until a saw a figure donning diamond armour arrive from the Inhibitor. This time, the people attacking us aren't monsters. I squinted to see who it was. Erodster. I hid behind one if the pillars, knowing it was useless as he would see my wolves. I peeked in front, and saw him smiling. This time, the people attacking is aren't monsters. Bing, an arrow shot, killing of my dogs. Bing. another, gone. Bing. Another. Bing. Another. Eventually, rather then lose them all, I stood away from the pillar, closing my eyes, as his arrow pierced my armour. I died quickly, and in the moments of darkness, I could hear my mentors words. This time, the people attacking us aren't monsters. When I respawned in the Spawn Tower, my remaining wolves surrounding me. I checked the territory status. All three generators were defeated. I sighed and started back to the town portal, when a voice stopped me.
"Hey, Jedoi." I turned around to see Erodster, still in war armour.
"Yes?" I said, rather coldly.
"Hey, I'm sorry for killing your wolves. I feel really bad, I hope you understand."
This time, the people attacking us aren't monsters.
"I.. I understand. Thank you."
"Yeah, I'm sorry."
I walked back through the portal to Freesia, to take care of the surviving wolves who had accompanied me. This time, the people attacking us aren't monsters.
And indeed, they are not.

Back