Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement More Trading, More Friendship

Crossbowrc

Conquest is the perfect mix between Towny and Factions. Loka is fantastic, being able to trade or raid is one of the reason I love playing the server. It is also its biggest flaw. When playing factions its your goal to keep all outsiders out. It really makes trading anywhere besides spawn unfathomable. I propose a change. It will have to almost entirely involve the community and maybe a little change in the map. I propose that all towns (This is a personal choice pf the town owners) have open areas for passers by to enter a "market place" of sorts that allows town folks and outsiders to trade without being ransacked by a mean player in a full combat set.Maybe a plugin that would allow you to do /trade (playernamehere) if your within a 5 block radius and require both party's to accept. This would make traveling to towns more viable rather than to find a way to hop over some ones walls. Players wouldn't cower in there towns all day and seeing other players would be frequent. Maybe a different kind of teleport to spawn, one consisting of a only of the islands boats? Furthermore, the Map change I request is for the islands to have roads and path that go through out most of the continents. So traveling to the different "plots" (Plots being where different townships could be setup) wouldn't be traveling through another forest with no certain direction to go and using f3 to figure out how to get there. In conclusion, I think that towns cut them selves off from one another and it makes the server feel more so empty.

P.s This could also make the death toll on the server skyrocket because people tend to be really violent and greedy. This suggestion is with the best of intentions.

DeceitfulPear

Guardian
This wouldn't work/is unnecessary IMO. It's easier to just meet up at spawn (which I view as neutral territory where no one can kill each other specifically FOR trade hence the market place). I like the idea but unless you allow warps between towns (which could be abused easily) then it will always be more time consuming than just going to spawn

Also roads can be made by players. The server having them there on their own takes away the ingenuity of players making roads between allies and such from city to city and giving the roads their own look and feel (i.e. Opyc's modern highway)

Jammin_Mas

Slicer
Personally I feel like trade right now is fine. I have traded for resources from allies, and enemies, actually I trade the most with Elysian Pact of all people for their sweet clay. Another big source of trade right now is for modules as some of the items you need are not from your continent.

Grubul

Slicer
Id stretch the idea further - have the Marketplace as an industry - placeable within your town.

Less of a burden to go to spawn to sell something.
Another spot to claim escrow.
Closer to the things you want to sell - more sales going on.

Aggressive_Gibon

Slicer
Id stretch the idea further - have the Marketplace as an industry - placeable within your town.

Less of a burden to go to spawn to sell something.
Another spot to claim escrow.
Closer to the things you want to sell - more sales going on.
Moving things from spawn into towns can be good in some circumstances, but a lot of the time it's good for people to have a reason to go to spawn rather than just stay in town and interact with other people and so new people can see people moving around in spawn.

MasonMcBadbat

Slicer
I once played on a Civcraft server (CIV in MC) that had a bank building you'd have to deposit your riches into to receive cash that your civ needed to survive. The problem being that not every town could afford to run a bank and that meant I had to walk 10 minutes to the next town over to cash in the days mined goods, which was always a risky and entertaining experience seeing as I had the treasury in my pocket. The point being that, while I loved the idea of having to travel to the big city filled with foreign travelers like me and experience the risks of attacks on highways, if there was a super safe no hassle option that I could reach through a portal in my own town I'd 100% do that every time. Players will go with the path of least resistance and if any more interesting economic model is to really be used, the current system would have to be made much harder. Of course, to steal an idea here, maybe we could remove the ore exchange at spawn and replace it with a building/industry in town. In CIV, towns welcomed the use of their banks because they held a certain % fee (decided by the town owner) and the towns who wouldn't have as much to gain from a bank would just skip the daily upkeep and visit the next town. But that has its own world of questions. I might make a post about it if people think it's worth looking into.

MasonMcBadbat

Slicer
I once played on a Civcraft server (CIV in MC) that had a bank building you'd have to deposit your riches into to receive cash that your civ needed to survive. The problem being that not every town could afford to run a bank and that meant I had to walk 10 minutes to the next town over to cash in the days mined goods, which was always a risky and entertaining experience seeing as I had the treasury in my pocket. The point being that, while I loved the idea of having to travel to the big city filled with foreign travelers like me and experience the risks of attacks on highways, if there was a super safe no hassle option that I could reach through a portal in my own town I'd 100% do that every time. Players will go with the path of least resistance and if any more interesting economic model is to really be used, the current system would have to be made much harder. Of course, to steal an idea here, maybe we could remove the ore exchange at spawn and replace it with a building/industry in town. In CIV, towns welcomed the use of their banks because they held a certain % fee (decided by the town owner) and the towns who wouldn't have as much to gain from a bank would just skip the daily upkeep and visit the next town. But that has its own world of questions. I might make a post about it if people think it's worth looking into.
This is a link to what I'm going on about btw
https://civ-war.gamepedia.com/Bank

Back