Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Mtndome abusing powers

Zor95

Slicer
This thread actually isn't about Mtn, I just thought I'd go with the theme.

So apparently the admins are free to vanish and watch players as long as they please. They can also sift through items, teleport into vaults, and do pretty much anything else they like. This is a serious breach in privacy which I do not appreciate. If Guardians aren't allowed /socialspy to preserve our privacy, then why this?

Think about it. One admin could collect the coordinates to every city and every vault. They can examine the wealth of every individual on the server and learn their daily habits. And though Guardians can't PvP, they could simply resign and wreck havoc upon the world. It's a very serious concern.

But to be clear, I have no problem with admins checking up on us. That is quite necessary, especially when dealing with Slicers who may be abusing their powers.

K

KenuDragonfire

Slicers have powers? And if so, how do I abuse them? (probably a typo on your part)

If admins want to spy on us, fine, feel free. It's your ability to abuse the knowledge you gain from spying on us that bothers me. You can very easily figure out if I'm about to go raiding, because I'm cheap and never use enchanted diamond armor. You can use that knowledge, use /v, and AFK, because you know we won't raid your town while you're online, because you can just /tp us or /smite us or kill us and /v when you start getting hurt.

You don't have the ability to go on offense, but when your defense is perfect as long as you are on, you can send the members of your city to go PvP and steal without the worries of people getting revenge, because it takes an expert to be able to attack your city. And by expert, I mean waking up at a time when nobody is on and stealing things.

Thieves, because they can't be bothered to attack your towns and try, will instead feast on noobs, newbs, and players mining for quartz in the nether. Why would we continue to steal from people who can barely afford things to no benefit of our own? Well, 1) heads 2) bloodlust.

We need to balance things out; if admins really want to be "neutral" in terms of events and not be stolen from, then I say we just have a separate world for admins, and people who want to play legit without getting a lightning bolt down their spine. Also, lightning bolts are so last world. Need a power like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnVCYOUB0gY[/youtube]

(Reference #2, if you don't know where this is from, watch G Gundam, the best show.)

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
KenuDragonfire said:
We need to balance things out; if admins really want to be "neutral" in terms of events and not be stolen from, then I say we just have a separate world for admins, and people who want to play legit without getting a lightning bolt down their spine.

This imbalance is currently being discussed right now. Stay tuned.

Zor95

Slicer
mopb3 said:
Contradictory much?

There is a very distinct difference between checking up on someone and stalking them. It's like the difference between a hospital check-up and a rape. The check-up may be a little uncomfortable, but it's for the greater good. A rape on the other hand is still uncomfortable, but very excessive.

K

KenuDragonfire

Cryptite said:
Let's keep this on topic and not make it another flame war.

Did somebody say flame war? Because I brought my...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo[/youtube]

As I know this probably will be discussed throughout the week, may we get an update on this and a statement from admins on what they're considering?

Zor95

Slicer
We could use some updates on a few other things as well, such as potential changes to the rules.

Back