Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Mtndome kicked me for not respecting him

Zor95

Slicer
For reference:

6. No Swearing or Offensive Behaviour
6.1. Don't use any words in public chat that could be seen as offensive, as all ages play on the server.
6.2. No racist comments or any other kind of discrimination.
6.3. No offensive skins.
6.4. No offensive builds.

8. Respect Admins
8.1. Don't ask an admin for a teleport.
8.2. Don't ask an admin to spawn in items, they can't spawn items, all players play legit.
8.3. Do not question Magpieman's decisions.

9. Don't Bully Other Players
9.1. Don't repeatedly kill the same person.
9.2. Don't camp in a town or around spawn, this includes the nether area for each.
9.3 Don't steal from players at spawn.
9.4 Don't send offensive private messages.

So Mtndome and I were having this chill discussion today about his lack of knowledge as far as rules go and he kicked me several times for "disrespecting admins". As you can see above, nowhere in this rule does it say you can't be rude or question their ability to hold their position. I wasn't racist and I didn't discriminate as I directed my statements at all admins. I didn't send him any offensive private messages.

I no longer feel safe when Mtndome is online because of his anger issues and his disregard for the rules. I would request that he is either removed from "service" or that Magpie and Cryptite educate him and the rest of the admins so that players like me can speak freely.

On a slightly related note, according to Mtndome the admins are free to stalk players and sift through their items upon their own whim. If this is encouraged by Cryptite and Magpie then I will make another complaint thread for this specifically.

mopb3

Slicer
Perhaps consider instead your lack of tact, rather than any supposed shortcomings of mtn.

Mtndome

Slicer
Rule #8 Respect Admins

If you have an issue with an admin, as I would hope you would know to do, you should take it to the forums. Instead of openly being a tactless prat in chat, You could have posted something here.
Instead, you decided to be openly disrespectful in chat. So yes, you were kicked for a violation of Rule #8. If you, or anyone else has a problem with an admin, it should be brought to the forums ( see above ), or that admin directly.

The only reason you feel "unsafe" is because you are now held to the same standard as any other member of Loka, if not a higher standard due to your previous adminship. And I don't tolerate you pushing rules simply because you try to exploit the rules. (see rule # 4 for reference)

Your twisting of words won't help. I think it is perfectly acceptable to teleport to a player vanished. If I want to follow you, I have every right to do so. I cannot steal from you, disclose your coordinates, attack you, or in any way prevent you from doing whatever you may be doing. And if there is a chest nearby, we can also look at it. I cannot touch or move any items inside, as you are well aware. Seems you just have a problem that, now you can't do it, you have problems with others doing it.

The only people worried that there could be an admin watching, is someone with something to hide.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
The rule is respect admins zor. You of all people should know that. I say it a million times, if a player has an issue with an admin they take it to me and crypt.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I'll always be happy to sift through the chat logs to evaluate whether a discourse was being had respectfully. From what I've read lately, though, Zor, your treatment of the current admin team has been anything but.

Zor95

Slicer
Cryptite said:
I'll always be happy to sift through the chat logs to evaluate whether a discourse was being had respectfully. From what I've read lately, though, Zor, your treatment of the current admin team has been anything but.

Nah, really just Mtn. Unless it's illegal to kill admins now as well? I suppose that wouldn't be very respectful of me...

Zor95

Slicer
Mtndome said:
Perfect. We can close this thread since you are openly admitting to being Disrespectful.

Erm... it openly admit that in the title of the thread. The problem is that you've yet to earn any respect and I don't see in the rules that I need to respect you, so I won't.

Mtndome

Slicer
Def... is... that you?

I frankly don't care if you respect me or not. But again, If I see it in chat to myself or anyone else, I will kick accordingly.

Zor95

Slicer
Mtndome said:
Def... is... that you?

I frankly don't care if you respect me or not. But again, If I see it in chat to myself or anyone else, I will kick accordingly.

You seemed to mind last night. Would you rather I /msg you then?

Edit: Back in a few hours for more fun <3

K

KenuDragonfire

Mtndome said:
Your twisting of words won't help. I think it is perfectly acceptable to teleport to a player vanished. If I want to follow you, I have every right to do so. I cannot steal from you, disclose your coordinates, attack you, or in any way prevent you from doing whatever you may be doing. And if there is a chest nearby, we can also look at it. I cannot touch or move any items inside, as you are well aware. Seems you just have a problem that, now you can't do it, you have problems with others doing it.

The only people worried that there could be an admin watching, is someone with something to hide.

Spunkiethebest is a server/world which has an environment that allows backstabbing, thievery, spying, and murder, all of which are supported by the rules (assuming you don't use an alt) and "having something to hide" on Spunkiethebest is like having an appendix; if you don't have one, it probably exploded and is killing you. If admins are allowed to waste time following Slicers who have either been here since The Artifact or who have been noticed by the community as deserving of Slicership, then why bother going through our chests? If, hypothetically, a Slicer were x-raying, I'd hope the server picked smart enough people not to be x-raying while admins are on/ keep several stacks of diamond blocks in a chest blatantly visible to admins.

The people complaining are the ones who have something to hide; whether it's us building a base in the nether to stalk people hunting for quartz, or us in full diamond armor waiting for an admin to leave so we can go raid his town. Yes, we have stuff that we'd prefer if it stayed hidden; and with basically every town having at least one guardian, it's infinitely more difficult to raid. How about this: guardians can constantly stalk us, learn our plans by doing so, and know our exact number of raiders, mules, and our equipment, but they can't defend their town at all.We lose our element of surprise, an important part of stealing, and you lose your ability to defend, because let's face it, one guardian is better than having ten sentries/slicers defending your city. Thieves are diamond-clad, 14th Century warriors, fighting against Guardians, who are essentially this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo[/youtube]

(What a great show.)

JocelynReed

Slicer
KenuDragonfire said:
.How about this: guardians can constantly stalk us, learn our plans by doing so, and know our exact number of raiders, mules, and our equipment, but they can't defend their town at all..

it always goes back to raiding and mules with you Nouvy <3

Back