Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Murdering Loved Pets and Guards and Slaves

K

KenuDragonfire

Murdering Loved Pets and Guards and Slaves

-Killing Iron Golems and Wolves

-Killing Cats

-Killing Villagers

andrekeroxd

Slicer
IMO to these especific mobs, assuming they aren't yours, or your friends/neighbors and belong to your enemy or target:

-Iron Golems: yes, they provide a bit of iron and are challenging enough, if you don't just use long range weapons, although, I would say always leave one or two because they do defend the villagers from hostile mobs.

-Wolves: yes, they are an effective weapon during combat and if the owner really cares about them he/she should find a good place to put them safely away. IMPORTANT, this is only in the case the dogs are in large groups or just grouped out somewhere, not doing "Guard" duty, being used for a redstone circuit, or decoration purposes (placing him in a cage or "dog house"
ie: standing near a wall to prevent mobs, or near gates or chest)

-Cats: no killing, it's not productive for the killer at all, doing so would just be out of spite

-Villagers: no killing. While they do indeed help out your enemy get good gear, I think it's too much effort to get villagers, then having to sort them out, and making a special area for them so that someone can come and destroy them just because they don't want you having them.

-Snow Golems: no killing. They don't damage you, or give any significant loot. Plus, they're mostly used for mob protection or decorational purposes.

mopb3

Slicer
andrekeroxd said:
IMO to these especific mobs, assuming they aren't yours, or your friends/neighbors and belong to your enemy or target:

-Iron Golems: yes, they provide a bit of iron and are challenging enough, if you don't just use long range weapons, although, I would say always leave one or two because they do defend the villagers from hostile mobs.

-Wolves: yes, they are an effective weapon during combat and if the owner really cares about them he/she should find a good place to put them safely away. IMPORTANT, this is only in the case the dogs are in large groups or just grouped out somewhere, not doing "Guard" duty, being used for a redstone circuit, or decoration purposes (placing him in a cage or "dog house"
ie: standing near a wall to prevent mobs, or near gates or chest, i'm not saying

-Cats: no killing, it's not productive for the killer at all, doing so would just be out of spite

-Villagers: no killing. While they do indeed help out your enemy get good gear, I think it's too much effort to get villagers, then having to sort them out, and making a special area for them so that someone can come and destroy them just because they don't want you having them.

-Snow Golems: no killing. They don't damage you, or give any significant loot. Plus, they're mostly used for mob protection or decorational purposes.
Andre's right there.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
We still need to decide on some rules about what counts as golem farming. Im leaning towards saying you cannot kill them for their iron. Anyone killing more than a few a day is probably farming them.

mopb3

Slicer
Magpieman said:
We still need to decide on some rules about what counts as golem farming. Im leaning towards saying you cannot kill them for their iron. Anyone killing more than a few a day is probably farming them.
Oh do stop trying to nerf the vanilla game Mag :p

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Oh, too many threads; I was talking about villager trading but posted in the wrong thread.

Back