Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion mutators that should be REMOVED forever

glory

There are some mutators that could lead to fun encounters, but there are also some that are very terrible for the community and could amount to a loss in players warping for fights. For example, some of these mutators that make it easier/randomly die could make egoistic players not want to warp leading to a decrease in playerbase and overall make fights rely on pure numbers instead of strength of the player.

These are the main mutators that could cause these issues.

• Pearl Blocked: Nobody can pearl.
  • Shulkerless: You cannot place Shulkers in the BZ, but now on death you drop all potions in your inventory.
  • Soul Link: 2 teammates share a health pool (40hp/20 hearts). If one dies they both do. On warp, those warping in get linked to a new player. Your teammate has spectral to just you.
(these next 3 are actually terrible)
  • Lone Wolf: If you have no teammate within 30 blocks, you gain Strength III
  • The Great Equalizer: Every hit is a critical hit.
  • Stuck in the Mud: A huge patch (or patches) of mud in the middle of the battlefield. If you step in it you are trapped in the area and cannot leave for 15 seconds. While inside the mud area, you have slow II & pearl block.
The 6 mutators shown above the worst out of the ones that have been added. Instead or promoting a fun experience, these mutators help set a skill cap and cater to the worse players on the server by giving them much more opportunities to get kills and do well in fights, which is not good because it prohibits their learning experience of becoming a greater player. By putting everyone on the same skill level, it gives the better players, especially those who value and pray down to their eldritch stats no reason to play if they can just get easily killed from something they most likely have no control over.

I agree that Loka has been getting stale and boring, and must of these mutators do a good job at keeping it fresh and fun. But, when you take a ponder at these ones it should show the flaws in the new system and how some of them, these 6 especially, need to be removed or changed in some way. I hope that this post will be taken into consideration and wont be shrugged off like other suggestions when disapproving of the work of loka admins. Thank you

monkeynick123ooh

Slicer
-1 i dont wanna play the same fight for the 23784979843879897423rd time i wanna do something new
also not every tile is a mutator so if you dont want to fight on one dont place on one !

X_Cavator

Slicer
There definitely needs to be some balancing changes on some of these mutators but they are brand new and I’m sure that will happen in the future. if your self worth is determined by your Minecraft KD then just don’t warp. If you can’t just play the game and have fun without worrying what other people think about your Minecraft skill then idk how to help you. Not saying this directly to you glory but there’s a ton of people that act like that

glory

There definitely needs to be some balancing changes on some of these mutators but they are brand new and I’m sure that will happen in the future. if your self worth is determined by your Minecraft KD then just don’t warp. If you can’t just play the game and have fun without worrying what other people think about your Minecraft skill then idk how to help you. Not saying this directly to you glory but there’s a ton of people that act like that
i have a whiteboard next to my setup with my loka stats. this is my life

glory

-1 i dont wanna play the same fight for the 23784979843879897423rd time i wanna do something new
also not every tile is a mutator so if you dont want to fight on one dont place on one !
pretty hard for people that don’t get a say in tile placements to differ a conquest leader from placing in a certain spot

Eyvah

Also, keep in mind we're in the early days of mutators. There's almost certain to be balance changes that need to be made (*cough* double bow damage) and I encourage you to contribute suggestions to that.

Kippehz

Muted
only one i think is bad is the soul link, if you got paired with an actual bot then that would be bad but all the others r fine

mimo4

Slicer
theres a diff between funny broken mutators (lone wolf the great equalizer etc) and just straight up boring ones like better together. better together makes everything so slow and sluggish. loka literally has a server message constantly pop up about why they dislike vanilla 1.9 damage and why its boosted on loka, so a mutator that basically reverts this makes no sense to me. i also think soul link (i have not played it yet) sounds like an idea that was very clearly not play tested. im fine with all the other mutators though, even ones that seem completely broken on the surface since they do create new metas etc. i think shulkerless and pearl blocked are a bit dumb. das just my take though

Kotten

Slicer
There is already no mutators last week of month and if you don't wanna play with mutators then don't. I think mutators made conquest for 90% of people more fun.

Obstinance

yes but that was exactly my point, there are players that wont warp because they are worried about their stats.
because the server can’t even stay consistent and take itself seriously. competitive conquest and takeover vs random effects changing the tide of a fight regardless of skill

Back