Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion "Nerf" infested

Kotten

Slicer
So let me just make things clear, when i mean "nerf infested" i mean to make it give less loot.
So i think it's really weird that 1 person can grind for an entire town with 20 people. To me grinding has just become too easy with infested and there is really no challenge to it.
This is what i got from ≈45m of red infested.
1681210688320.png1681210762838.png1681211086181.png1681211107686.png1681210777812.png1681210791413.png
To me this is a bit absurd that i can get all this from just 45m.
My suggestion:
Make solo infested less good by making it so going with teammates brings up the amount the loot you get, kind of like shrines. Also make endermen always stay agro at you at red infested. (plus make it so the mobs get harder depending how many people are at the tile)

Kotten

Slicer
This is how many items i got in total. (-the shards because they aren't unstable)
1681211390073.png

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
We are aware they are slightly over tuned and that was in part by design. There were a lot of complaints and disagreements previously about how easy/difficult grinding should be and we removed a feature (gunpowder caves) when adding infested tiles. As a result, it was important for them to be powerful initially to ease the transition. There is a planned balance patch to tweak both the nether loot and infested tiles to bring them more in line with each other.

Longer term we would love to keep adding to infested tiles, such as bosses and dynamic events, so there are future plans for cool additions.

mindblaster007

So let me just make things clear, when i mean "nerf infested" i mean to make it give less loot.
So i think it's really weird that 1 person can grind for an entire town with 20 people. To me grinding has just become too easy with infested and there is really no challenge to it.
This is what i got from ≈45m of red infested.
View attachment 6948View attachment 6952View attachment 6955View attachment 6956View attachment 6953View attachment 6954
To me this is a bit absurd that i can get all this from just 45m.
My suggestion:
Make solo infested less good by making it so going with teammates brings up the amount the loot you get, kind of like shrines. Also make endermen always stay agro at you at red infested. (plus make it so the mobs get harder depending how many people are at the tile)
I mean that all comes at the cost of high durability loss, which AIs are required to repair. When I did the math last, it seemed reasonable because of the amount of armor repairs needed.

Kotten

Slicer
I mean that all comes at the cost of high durability loss, which AIs are required to repair. When I did the math last, it seemed reasonable because of the amount of armor repairs needed.
you pretty much get your money back*
idk how many ais i used but i got 11 back

Kotten

Slicer
the fact that towns still regularly run out of pots speaks to the fact that red infested isn’t so overwhelmingly OP that it ruins grinding, -1
i don't think you get my point, what i want to see is a nerf to solo grinding and a buff to squad grinding

LobsterLarry

NeverSleep laughs at your grinding attempts. This is child’s play compared to them back in Regional Powers days!!

Back