Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

New Alcove Rules! :)

Defgnww

Slicer
Hello everyone. I think most of you know that the town alcoves are a great idea, but most of them lack any type of substance about the town they represent. I'm cracking down on the alcoves now, and will be enforcing them regularly. I will be pretty strict about these because when we start advertising, we want the alcoves to be presentable and informative for new players.
The new guidelines can be found at the alcoves in spawn. They are as follows:

1. The town name and owners must be present somewhere that can be easily found in the alcove, along with any town info you wish to share.
  2. The alcove must reflect your town in some way, shape, or form. This means the alcove should be built in your town's theme, materials, designs, or anything else that makes your town stand out. This is not an exhaustive list, and you can reflect your town as you see fit (within reason)
  3. The alcoves must be used for advertising and promoting your town. You cannot use it for personal uses, a spawn house, or protected storage. If you are caught using an alcove as spawn-protected storage, you may be punished.
We reserve the right to enforce the alcoves as we please. If you are currently constructing your alcove, you can leave a sign that says "WIP", along with the rest of the info required in the above rules at the front of your plot.

If you break one of these rules, your town has until the end of the week to fix it. If these are not followed, you will be evicted from your plot. Evictions take place every Friday.
If you are evicted, you may take a new plot if you plan on following the guidelines.
I will not hunt you down, but I will announce if any plots are planning on being evicted throughout the week. It is your responsibility to keep track of your town's alcove.

If you have any questions, come talk to me.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Kobeyador

Slicer
I'm cracking down on the alcoves now
I read that as "I'm *Quacking* down".... hahah
I have a few questions.
Am I allowed to turn my alcove into a town shop or a town promotional dispenser where items will be dispensed for currency or codes that are dropped into hoppers/chests or buttons being pressed?
You say personal uses for the town alcove are not allowed. can you define Personal uses?
What about uses that are in conjunction with town/alcove related uses and are claimed to be personal uses?
Will alcoves be undeleted if the alcove is proven to been evicted without a just cause?
How can we discuss and explain our side of any issues/claims without being told that we are arguing about it and told not to argue.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I have a few questions.
Am I allowed to turn my alcove into a town shop or a town promotional dispenser where items will be dispensed for currency or codes that are dropped into hoppers/chests or buttons being pressed?
You say personal uses for the town alcove are not allowed. can you define Personal uses?
What about uses that are in conjunction with town/alcove related uses and are claimed to be personal uses?
Will alcoves be undeleted if the alcove is proven to been evicted without a just cause?
How can we discuss and explain our side of any issues/claims without being told that we are arguing about it and told not to argue.

Kobe, if you follow the only rules we provide, you're fine. You're making this needlessly complicated.

If you're not using your alcove properly, we'll tell you. We're not going to turn this into a list of 15 strict rules.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
I have a few questions.
zHUD0ci.gif

Kobeyador

Slicer
Kobe, if you follow the only rules we provide, you're fine. You're making this needlessly complicated.

If you're not using your alcove properly, we'll tell you. We're not going to turn this into a list of 15 strict rules.
If you have any questions, come talk to me.
I am sorry if you think I am making this "needlessly complicated" but I had questions that I wanted answers for and I am not sure the next time I would be able to ask def in game.... so I posted on the forums. If this was inappropriate that I apologize. I also didn't want you to add any strict rules, I just needed answers for the project I am building.

MasterAegon

Slicer
It doesn't matter if you wanted rules added. They have been. The person enforcing the rule has told you to talk to him and the server owner said his piece. If you have anything else I suggest you message either of them privately rather than making it a prolonged conflict in public posts.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

What bothers me is that you immediately jumped to the conclusion that evictions won't be fair and that Def is inevitably going to delete somebody's alcove just because. Whether you realize it or not, your questions became accusatory and frankly disrespectful.

Maybe it's just easier if you ask us if what you want to do is ok. It seems like you're wanting clarification on many different things when all you really need to ask is "Is it ok If I build some sort of redstone powered shop in my alcove?".

To which the response is that it's probably fine so long as you still satisfy the 3 rules Def posted.

Kobeyador

Slicer
TL;DR if you don't want to read me explaining what I meant and didn't mean. I am done with this topic after this wall of text.

O.k it seems my haste in typing of my original questions wording has caused the assumption that I meant it in a spiteful way and that I was trying to be rude. I would like to clarify myself in this matter and I would like to apologize if my questions were taken as such.

All I meant in my questions were: Can a shop be in spawn, Does it count as "personal use" if all members of the town/server can use this feature of the alcove(enchanting table,furnaces,enderchest, horse breeding stable), if an alcove can be restored if a mistake was made , and how can we explain/discuss issues in a manner that would not seem like we are being argumentative or disrespectful.

The info that I concluded from the original post was that the issues have less then a week(1-6 days) to be resolved before eviction, that the issues would be announced in a format that was not stated(this could mean that issues ran the chance of being missed/overlooked if announced generically), alcoves will be deleted if issues are not settled, and the statement of "If you are caught using an alcove as spawn-protected storage, you may be punished".

What bothers me is that you immediately jumped to the conclusion that evictions won't be fair and that Def is inevitably going to delete somebody's alcove just because. Whether you realize it or not, your questions became accusatory and frankly disrespectful.
I am actually frustrated that you are saying I had jumped to such a conclusion.By no mean was a making an accusation that def would delete an alcove just because or that the evictions would not be fair. At the time I asked the questions I thought more them Def would be policing the alcoves. I am actually glad that it is just one person.
My intention on asking my last 2 original questions was mainly to find out what happens if issues mistakenly arise. (for example) if someone was making a town store and the mistake was made that it was being used as personal storage. If this issue was to be "announced" on a Wednesday with Evictions on that Friday then that would leave only 2 days for the issue to be fixed before the eviction.At that point, if the player found out about the issue in those 2 day, how would they go about discussing/explaining their intent before the Eviction. Plus it is not that uncommon for people(especially for me) to be logged out for more then 2 days. Then that would mean the alcove could be evicted with no knowledge of the issue by the owner. I only wanted to point out that misunderstandings can happen,mistakes can be made, and things can be overlooked. Especially if it is in a time frame that is less then a week.

It doesn't matter if you wanted rules added. They have been. The person enforcing the rule has told you to talk to him and the server owner said his piece. If you have anything else I suggest you message either of them privately rather than making it a prolonged conflict in public posts.

Mr.Tangaryen, My comment on not wanting to add any strict rules was in relation to crypts comment of "We're not going to turn this into a list of 15 strict rules." not of the original rules that Def had posted. I just had the thought that an open forum/public post was the best place for questions to go and didn't realize my original questions would be interpreted in such a way.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Firstly, take for granted that the staff will not make decisions without due process. You can rest assured that nobody is going to get evicted in hasty enough manner that an issue would arise.

Secondly, I understand what you're saying. The issue is that this keeps getting dragged out even further. The thread was informative. Def stated to come see him if you had any questions or concerns. That's why I said to message him if you wanted to discuss this further. Same goes with messaging Crypt. There's no reason for a wall of text expressing your frustration with what he said, especially after I said to message him privately if you wanted to continue.

Kobeyador

Slicer
There's no reason for a wall of text expressing your frustration with what he said, especially after I said to message him privately if you wanted to continue.
I am sorry.... But the issue is that there is NO understanding, just misinterpretation.
You had made a suggestion to me to msg them if I had anything else.... I didn't have anything else for them. I didn't even want to continue. All I wanted to do was to clarify ,on this public forum, that my original post was not intended to be interpreted in the manner that it was. Even now I feel like I need to state that the wall of text was meant only for clarification, not for "expressing [my] frustration" as you said. Anyways, lesson to be learned... never post on the public forums.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
I am sorry.... But the issue is that there is NO understanding, just misinterpretation.
You had made a suggestion to me to msg them if I had anything else.... I didn't have anything else for them. I didn't even want to continue. All I wanted to do was to clarify ,on this public forum, that my original post was not intended to be interpreted in the manner that it was. Even now I feel like I need to state that the wall of text was meant only for clarification, not for "expressing [my] frustration" as you said. Anyways, lesson to be learned... never post on the public forums.
4SwI9.jpg

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
If this issue was to be "announced" on a Wednesday with Evictions on that Friday then that would leave only 2 days for the issue to be fixed before the eviction. At that point, if the player found out about the issue in those 2 day, how would they go about discussing/explaining their intent before the Eviction. At that point, if the player found out about the issue in those 2 day, how would they go about discussing/explaining their intent before the Eviction.

Strict does not mean unfair. You make the case for a circumstance whereby admins will evict a player in 2 days for violating the rules without ever talking to them. If you think we're going to do this, then that's unfortunate. It means you have no faith in the admin team. And I think that is where my jimmies are getting rustled.

However, you apologized, and so will I. We all know that things said in haste can cause issues. So perhaps we should all just make sure to once-over what we say before hitting that there post button.

Back