Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Old Deeds New Fates

Haldyir

Slicer
Years since Castalina stayed with Caldoran..

In the brisk misty morning of Caldoran a cloaked man was stopped at the port gates of the city by a guard, "Oi, stop there!". The man looked up and took off his cloaked hood. Carrying a massive broadsword on this side and a travel pack on his back, the soldier knew very much of who this man was. The man stood up as the guard backed off and bowed to one knee, "Lord..... Silver911...I..I, forgive me. We have not seen you in ages since the queen banished-" The soldier stuttering was cut off by Silver on the calmingRojelX.jpg waters of the port gate of Caldoran that fateful morning. Silver stopped the soldier and looked forward, "I have come to see the Queen. We have unfinished business." Silver said as he looked to the soldier with a firm look. Suddenly, forest guardians appeared from the earth on both sides of the cove entrance to the city, with their weapons drawn and eyes glowing they were ready for combat as they sensed danger. The soldier scurried back to the gate tower and opened the port gate as Silver sailed through. As he sailed under the tall gates he saw marksmen in the trees with their bows drawn at him. As he looked forward, he saw the ruins of an old town known as the flower village when he entered the gates. As the gate closed behind him locking off the city from the outside he knew he would not leave the city unless by consent of the Queen. As he entered the nearby harbor, he looked off into the distance and saw campfires lined up along the port.

Castalina who was alerted by such a visitor let him enter. She was standing at the port with two forest guardians behind her holding their swords that harnessed incredible power. She stared intently as she knew who this man was. He sailed into the port and got off of his boat, as he approached the Queen, he fell to his knees, "Castalina..its been so long..I don't know where to start-" Silver said in a shaky voice. Castalina cut him off in a short tone, "Rise, Silver. Your past transgressions of siding with our old enemy while employed in my court crippled the Elrohiram people. Coming here was not the brightest move for you id say…..However, I made amends with it and have forgiven you for your actions of helping in the take over of our people in Elrohir. You should not have come, yet you did anyway. The only logical question remains, why have you come all this way?" Castalina said as she stood tall with her green-dyed cloak on as her hair blew in the morning wind. Silver looked up and stood up, "I am here to help you and the Elrohiram rebuild themselves, or at least, as much as I can until I have to return to Vinovia in Kalros.". Castalina chuckled and smiled at Silver. She looked at the forest guardian on her left side and told them to bring him to the dungeon until she is in need of him. She looked at Silver with a straight face while in thought and turned away as she walked back to the palace. That night as it grew cold, Castalina walked down to the wooded dungeons the forest guard had created for her. Silver was shivering in his cage, Castalina opened the door and gave him a blanket and some warm stew. She took a seat on the ground with him and ordered the forest guard to leave them. The guard complied and lifted its wooden spear as it left the area. Silver looked at Castalina, and then back at his warm bowl as he was and-armor-artwork-dragons-wallpaper-preview.jpgdeep in thought, “Why did you betray me?” Cast said firmly and intently as she broke the silence of the whistling wind. Silver looked up and replied, “I apologize for hurting you Cast. You seem to be doing well. I was only following orders but after I was banished, I realized that I was not entirely justified in my actions since all I had was your trust.” Silver said as he choked up. He looked back down and continued, “However, I am here for you and your people. I was in Kalros when I heard word of the people of Elrohir were still alive. What troubled me was that they were being hunted off like cattle. I had to leave Vinovia and come here to help the people as my guilt was too great. Anyways.....I can see why no one was able to track you all. You are hidden vey deep within the forest. This land would be challenging to invade for any army. Look, I come to help you build your people back up on stable grounds, that debt I owe you at the very least.” Silver said as he set his bowl down and scooted closer to Castalina. She smiled and readjusted her cloak as she put her hood back on as she stood up. She looked at Silver in confusion and spoke loudly in an ancient language to the forest guard standing outside the area they were in, "Sakhair." The guard immediately entered the area and opened the gate for her. She looked and turned to Silver before she left, “We will talk in the morning.” she said with a half smirk on her face still having faith in him it seemed. As she was returning to the palace camp grounds, MehHeh her fathers’ brother and former hand of the Queen to her father was talking to a group of soldiers as he saw her walking from the dungeons. He jogged over to Castalina in a curious manner as he parted ways with his friends, “So what was that about?” Meh asked in a curious manner. Cast side eyed her uncle and continued walking with a smile on her face, “Just an old friend up to something again.” MehHeh looked confused and parted ways as he was headed to the docks to go fishing. As he walked away he turned around and said, “Be careful Cast. The last thing we need right now is another betrayal.” Cast continued to walk to the palace grounds not acknowledging her uncle and went to bed for the night.

The next morning the lords assembled at the docks for their briefing from the Queen on work that needs to be done in Caldoran. However they did not see Castalina there waiting for them as she usually did. All of a sudden out of the deep morning fog as the torch lamps were still lit, they saw the green glowing eyes of the forest guard walking in the direction of the docks and heard the shackling of chains, 5721aac360598735f41515d8492aac98.jpgSilver. The lords gasped out of disgust as Castalina walked up to them and told them that Silver would be assisting in the progression of Caldoran. She looked at MehHeh as he lowered his head out of disappointment and frustration. A young lord from a prominent family in Elrohir known as Bone, stepped forward out of hesitation, “Forgive me my lords, and my queen but isn’t this the same man that made us lose our home?” Bone said as the lords cheered a rowdy aye. He looked at Silver who was currently in chains, “This man was responsible for the death of my family during the siege of Elrohir, yet this man is expected to help us?” Bone said as he got progressively angry and pacing back and forth. Castalina stood off to the side as she watched the lecture unfold. Bone looked at Silver as a tear shed down his face, “Now this man is here….In OUR home. Hasn’t he done enough? Our people once lived by millions and after years of war we are down to thousands of us left hiding in this wooded kingdom deep into the wood…yet he comes here saying he can help us…” Bone said as the lords progressively yelled louder. Bone gripped his elvish broad sword which sat on the side of his body and drew it in the direction of Silver. The Forest Guard suddenly aimed their wooded spears and weapons at Bone as their eyes instantly grew to fiery flames of their elemental colors. MehHeh and the other lords stepped back as they grew progressively quiet. Castalina calmly walked up to Bone who was stearing directly at Silver as tears flooded down his face. She put her hand on Bones hand and lowered the sword, she fixed her hair and looked at Silver who had his head down in shame. She looked at the lords of the city as Bone continued to hold his blade in his hand, distraught by images of his family dying in the siege. The Forest Guard lowered their weapons as the flames in their eyes went out and went back to their position of attention.

As people began to walk out of their tents hearing the early morning commotion, they began to walk forward in the direction of the crowd. Castalina looked around, “10 years ago I left Eneria to come here to Caldoran to build a home we truly deserve and while safe in our walls there are those in this world who wish to see us dead. Silver… spent time in Vinovia, a powerful stronghold in Kalros and in other parts of the world of Char. While Silver was away, he knows much about the world that we don’t know of. With our people cut off from the outside, we could use his knowledge….he brings stories…from far away lands like Garama where our old allies are…to Kalros and even in the southern lands of the Sunset Isle and what is happening on Ascalon. We need to heed his advice if he has come to really help us.” Castalina said in an inspirational and desperate tone as she tried to plead with the court. The people did not look convinced, however. Silver walked forward as the forest guard put their hands on his shoulder to hold him back firmly, he looked around at the 28b06c97e15d8dce03ec348748f598a5.jpgbroken people, on the brink of extinction and raised his head as he was still in chains. He looked around as silence filled the air, “I have come here to help you all in any way that I can while I am away from Vinovia, if I don’t arrive back soon, Caldoran will be met by a fleet of fearless mercenaries who wants their investment back. I don’t think the folk of Caldor want another war on their hands considering your people are on the brink of extinction. Listen to me when I say much has changed in this world. Not many of you would know of this information given how long you have been in the forest. Some warrior tribes from Kalros have come to Ascalon, and have set up encampments on the land as they saw a better opportunity here. With their homeland Kalros now unified under the order of Wolf Force, they have spread to other lands for a better opportunity. There are new emerging leaders in the world, famous warriors like TheFreshLemon, Lurnn, PartayArc, and many others.” Silver said as the crowd suddenly gasped. He looked around and continued, “The covenant, is no longer at its full strength as it once was. It is now said that high-ranking lords in the organization are leading their own separatist allied force now known as Fruit Force. Now.. hordes of warriors have split into three factions on Ascalon (Fruit Force, Luxor Coalition, and Regional Powers) to fight for the capital and dominance over the land. If the Folk…of Caldor really want to survive, you all must adapt and prepare for what is to come, war, or remain hidden. I also spent time in Garama, in a city known as Sylvis, led by a man known as FoxyBear he is quite a figure. He has managed to align the elder houses of Garama together in one centralized alliance, almost a predecessor of the Garaman Confederation alliance. He heard of the elves and is interested in sparking a friendship with Caldoran. He knows I am here too. Let me help you all, to repay my debt and to finally end this chapter in my life so that I can move on.” Silver said. Bone looked and sheathed his blade as he turned away in distaste. MehHeh looked at Silver and spoke aloud to everyone, “Aye. Fey Folk of Caldor, while I still settle into this court with the sadness that lord Msittig is no longer with us, I know what he would want us to take this chance in order to see what our future could hold. I don’t expect Silver to remain with us long, we may as well use him while is in our company.” Meh said in a nonchalant convincing tone, he looked at Castalina giving her a subtle nod as she returned the nod as well. The lords replied with a rowdy aye and dispursed.

A couple of months since Silver arrived in Caldoran, he provided the people with much military strategy and knowledge of the ever-changing world of Char.06f6e625ec244d6166d1d3036add5737.png Bone was promoted to oversee the department of coin while other lords were put into their courtly duties as well. Towards the end of his stay and as wars raged on Ascalon, Char itself seemed to be in another conquest for power with itself. Deep in the jungles of Garama the people of Dong Dank heard of the elves living secluded in the woods. From that time, new unexpected visitors would arrive from an old allied stronghold to the hidden oasis to offer their help to the elves.

One morning, a fleet of 8 war class mercenary ships from Vinovia stopped outside of the gates of Caldoran. Sitting at the front of the fleet was a famous Kalrosian known as SilentStorm, as he sat in a cocky and relaxed manner on his ship with hundreds of Kalrosian warriors behind him. The port gates sounded bells throughout the city to alert the people that danger had come to the forest kingdom. People ran to their homes screaming. Immediately, Castalina woke from her sleep and grabbed her blade as she heard forest guards from the palace grounds yell war chants preparing for battle. She walked outside the palace and looked at the guard, unknowing of what was to come, she raised her blade in the air as the forest guard gave a mighty battle yell. Back in the city, people were running where they could to find safety. Bone, walked fearlessly into the crowd of scared people as he looked around and began yelling, "My brothers...and sisters...our time has come!! May we show our enemies our wrath, and defend our wood to every last drop of our blood!!". Some warriors around him began chanting and raised their bows in the air. Bone raised his bow and yelled, "For Caldoran!" as he was followed by 30 archers yelling as they climbed the trees hovering above the port gate as they aimed their bows at the men on the ships. Kalrosians on their ships heard the mighty war chants of the elves as they gripped onto their axes a little tighter. MehHeh followed by an additional 100 sentry guards gathered the rest of the wesley-gardner-theprotectorsofathelloren.jpgarchers and barricaded the port docks and armed themselves with fire arrows. Meh yelled a mighty, "Who are we?!" as the people at the docks replied, "Folk of Caldor!". Castalina walked down the steps from the palace as the glowing eyes of the forest guard awaited her to come out and potentially follow her into battle. A battalion of forest guards quickly followed her to the dungeons as one of them was reported to her of an armed host standing outside their gates. As they walked to the dungeon, units of soldiers of 20 were running past them into the direction of the port with bows and swords, yelling war chants as they thought this would be their final stand for their people. She entered the dungeon quickly as Silver stood up. Castalina looked at him as the forest guards stood behind her with their eyes glowing, prepared for anything. Silver looking confused looked at her said, "Cast what is it? Has any of the other alliances found us yet?! What is all of this about??". Castalina looked at Silver with a look of distaste on her face and replied, "Your mercenaries are here for their investment......".

Part 2 coming soon

Last edited:

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
I also spent time in Garama, in a city known as Sylvis, led by a man known as FoxyBear he is quite a figure. He has managed to align the elder houses of Garama together in one centralized alliance, almost a predecessor of the Garaman Confederation alliance.
Quite a figure you say...

Jokes aside, good to see the Caladorans sticking to their roots in lore :maggers:

Back