Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Pallet City

Ronshaud

Slicer
So, I was on youtube watching andre's videos, and I came across a video that involved Pallet City. Could anyone tell me about that city, or have experienced it?

Zor95

Slicer
Pallet City was created as a branch of the military base, Ember, and run by Nouvellune. It was an experiment to see what would happen when a bunch of thieves lived together. Permanent members included Nouvellune, Gudbrandr, Su1cid4l, and andrekeroxd, though many others came and went. I was also associated with them, but I owned Ember which was about 500 blocks away so I remained there.

The most iconic feature of Pallet was its giant chicken chicken farm which Andre built. It was literally a giant chicken that shot eggs out of its butt. Then there was the giant flaming pig that a relative of Gudbrandr built and lived in. Gud himself built a dungeon that he would trap wandering newbs in until they were rescued by Mopb3. At some point the infamous Preksak took up residence in Pallet after Andre discovered how to build knives. Preksak remained there until we managed to power the knives then he left for some unknown world after giving us two gifts. The first was nuking the entire knife room with lava, thus destroying them, and the second was a dome of bedrock that became our impenetrable vault.

It was a fairly successful town, though a couple members did eventually get banned for their habits while raiding. By the end of its life Pallet contained in its vault about eight stacks of diamond blocks, countless diamond armor and tools, and many dozens of double chests of other materials, all of which were stolen. Eventually Gudbrandr left to make his own town and only Nouvellune and Andre remained active. I had also abandoned Ember to protect the town of Hidden Caverns. At this point I found an entirely new continent on Loka and convinced all of my allies to move out there. Nouvellune handed ownership of his town to Andre who founded Everfrost in the ice plains. Jocelyn, owner of Hidden Caverns, took her citizens to the jungle and founded Eris. I settled alone in a forest and built District 9 3/4.

That's about it.

Zor95

Slicer
Oh yeah and Thieflord... he lived there for like a day. But we decided we didn't like him so he went back to Hidden Caverns. We still don't like him.

Zor95

Slicer
Pallet was in the original Loka which was the second world. Are we on world four or five right now?

Edit:

Alright so there was Ember in the original world which was moved to the second world.
Ember/Pallet/Hidden Caverns were part of the second world known as Loka.
Those three towns were abandoned for Eris, Everfrost, and District 9 3/4 which were also in the second world.
The three of us decided to live in one city which we named Iria in the third world which also contained members of Helrune, a city from the second world.
Then on the fourth world we lived in Fernwood and now we're split between Fernwood and Avarice while Andre, due to the events of his reconstruction, is now bound to Fort Kickass.

So four worlds total so far.

Last edited:

Zor95

Slicer
Nope. Be glad it isn't since this server is three years old. The world would be nothing but ruins as Loka and Artifact, the first world, was.

The first world was destroyed by a massive bomb that Preksak planted.
The second was overcome by the Blight.
The third... I don't know if there was any lore behind our move but the spawn tower transported us to where we are now.

Jedoi

Slicer
Ron, this this the second world YOU have been on. Forth in total for the server.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
In what appeared as my absence of late, I was in fact busy looking for clues to our world and past. Specifically, I visited the world previous to our current home. The earthquakes there still persist, but I visited the mysterious library in the desert, curious if the quakes had unearthed anything further. Though its foundations seemed strangely unperturbed by the shaking of the world, I found a chamber under the water on the lower level that emerged from a small crack. Inside it lay one solitary bookshelf containing just one book. Dust and time eroded the cover, preventing me from making out the title of the book if it had one. The book contained many ruffled pages, some a bit waterlogged, but mostly intact. I could not make out the language of much of the book, but what I could make out was a diagram on a page at the very end, one that transcended a requirement of language -- concentric circles, a star in the middle; it was our solar system. Among the worlds in the diagram was written bits of text. Most vexing was that the text was clearly inked in recently, not at the time of the book's original writing. Someone had gone back to this book and edited it in the past age and added some text I could understand...

I squinted my eyes and could make out just enough to realize that not only was this our solar system, but the worlds on it reflected the state of our history on those worlds... In the top left, a world visibly shattered, Sanya, the top right, a world marked Ak with a symbol that looked strikingly similar to the obelisk that caused the blight. This world, the world of the temple, a symbol of jagged lines perhaps indicating the quakes this world was experiencing. This specific world was marked Da. Four other worlds exist on the map, but they were largely generic... was somebody charting our history? Are they behind? Did they follow us to our new world?

I've stored this book somewhere safe for the time being. Perhaps I will find a clue that will help unravel the language of this book's original author.

The move to the fourth, current world was largely accidental. Strange earthquakes began to hit the third world, Da, not many months after our arrival from the previously blighted world, Ak. A fissure opened near the spawn tower of the third world and those of us there at the time managed to power what appeared to be a fragment of a knife at the bottom of the fissure. Upon slicing through that knife, we arrived at our current world and found an inactive and very old Spawn Tower. It was immediately clear that this new world possessed environments, resources, and geological features that we had not found on the old worlds. While the earthquakes weren't seemingly world-ending, everyone seemed to agree to leave the old world just to be safe.

I'm not sure who the first person was that discovered the room beneath the tower, but they discovered that the beacon block within it reacted to their touch. Word spread and after a number of us touched the beacon block, the spawn tower activated, reverting some of its old blocks into new ones, lighting up, and came to life. The chance of new lands and the stability the new world seemed to offer was too great to pass up. We all decided to brave the new world and leave the old one behind, unfinished. That is how we arrived here.

Last edited:
Back