Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion PvE Industry

Aiz_WaIIenstein

I PvE Industry would be cool.

I would like it have a chest outside of the building that you put mob drops in and putting it in there makes it where the mob that drops that start spawning. (Lasts 5 minecraft days for each mob drop.(Nerf if needed.))

this is one I built for example
Y5T6old.jpg

to make it spawn all of that spawn you would need string, bone, rotten flesh, gunpowder, Blaze rod, Golden nugget, and a glowstone dust

Grubul

Slicer
zombie pigmen dont drop gold nuggets no more

And it would be a good alternative to that (superduper secret) creeper gunpowder grinder/spawner that few know of

MasterAegon

Slicer
The only problem I could see is that it would basically counteract the fact that spawners don't generate mobs anymore. That was a mechanic implemented in order to reduce server lag because of grinders. This seems like it would only create more lag when people start afk'ing at a pve industry to generate a lot of mobs. Even with a cap it's questionable, but I like the idea. I just wonder if it could be tailored to reduce the mob count and have the desired effect.

• An idea similar, but less taxing on server resources, could be that it generates (1) mob per correlating mob drop with a cap of 25 mobs in the cage at a time. That's not perfect but it's better than unlimited.
  • Another thought could is that it generates only (1) mob per correlating item but for each one in the chest it increases the mob's toughness/strength, basically making a supermob over time. This would need a cap as well or it would be too hard to kill.
    • Example: (1) Blaze Rod generates a Blaze in the cage.
    • (24) additional blaze rods in that stack makes it a 'Level 25' Blaze with hearts equivalent to/percentage of (25) Blazes.
    • The more items placed in the chest requires more time to 'conjure' the monster.
    • This 'super mob' would drop a range of blaze rods also equivelant to what (25) Blazes would drop.
    • Mobs' attacks would need to remain the same or only slightly buffed. The same increase in the Blaze's, or any monster's, damage would be massively OP.

If it essentially becomes a method of grinding xp and drops, it could potentially phase out spawners in the world. I would rather see something like this than spawners that just passively generate xp and items.

Aiz_WaIIenstein

The only problem I could see is that it would basically counteract the fact that spawners don't generate mobs anymore. That was a mechanic implemented in order to reduce server lag because of grinders. This seems like it would only create more lag when people start afk'ing at a pve industry to generate a lot of mobs. Even with a cap it's questionable, but I like the idea. I just wonder if it could be tailored to reduce the mob count and have the desired effect.

• An idea similar, but less taxing on server resources, could be that it generates (1) mob per correlating mob drop with a cap of 25 mobs in the cage at a time. That's not perfect but it's better than unlimited.
  • Another thought could is that it generates only (1) mob per correlating item but for each one in the chest it increases the mob's toughness/strength, basically making a supermob over time. This would need a cap as well or it would be too hard to kill.
    • (24) additional blaze rods in that stack makes it a 'Level 25' Blaze with hearts equivalent to/percentage of (25) Blazes.
    • The more items placed in the chest requires more time to 'conjure' the monster.
    • This 'super mob' would drop a range of blaze rods also equivelant to what (25) Blazes would drop.
    • Mobs' attacks would need to remain the same or only slightly buffed. The same increase in the Blaze's, or any monster's, damage would be massively OP.

If it essentially becomes a method of grinding xp and drops, it could potentially phase out spawners in the world. I would rather see something like this than spawners that just passively generate xp and items.
that would be a good idea but if people get unlucky with drops they could get less drops than they put in.

MasterAegon

Slicer
The idea I just posted only required one drop from the mob you're generating and the 'super mob' would drop something like 1.25x - 2.0x the standard drop amounts of equivalent amount you're killing. If you put in 10 Blaze Rods into the monster then it drops 1.25x - 2.0x what 10 Blazes would drop.

That's how I would suggest it anyway. This is all brainstorming, of course.

Aiz_WaIIenstein

The idea I just posted only required one drop from the mob you're generating and the 'super mob' would drop something like 1.25x - 2.0x the standard drop amounts of equivalent amount you're killing. If you put in 10 Blaze Rods into the monster then it drops 1.25x - 2.0x what 10 Blazes would drop.

That's how I would suggest it anyway. This is all brainstorming, of course.
Yea but some blazes don't drop any at all so you could get super unlucky and get less than you put in

Wolfegger

Slicer

This is a cool idea (not sure on what the perfect ratios would be for number of drops and power of mob). If it gets any legs, I volunteer to test it out.

Tygah

I really like Targ's edit on the idea! A super mob like that could be used for more than just grinding too, I would love to have an uber spider monster guarding my vault :D

Back