Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Q: Rule 1.9 Villagers

EastBowmen

Slicer
I have heard that stealing a villager from someone else is against the rules, but I believe that villagers should be available for stealing as they can provide many benefits and wealth. HOWEVER, if said villagers are killed, then we can talk punishment.

Quick question: If you are taking villagers from an old abandoned base, would the same ruling be applied? Or would it be legal?

I guess one of the difficulties with this is knowing whether or not a villager was stolen, died by mobs, or died by player. If a person steals a villager but dies in transit, does it count as killing; and if it did, would we ever find out. Despite these concerns, I think villagers should be up for grabs if the town does not bother keeping them secured.

Ronshaud

Slicer
I guess one of the difficulties with this is knowing whether or not a villager was stolen, died by mobs, or died by player. If a person steals a villager but dies in transit, does it count as killing; and if it did, would we ever find out. Despite these concerns, I think villagers should be up for grabs if the town does not bother keeping them secured.
Words right out of my mouth.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Due to it being so hard to track what has happened to villagers from an admin point of view, the rules will stay the same where villagers cannot be killed or released. However we do think stealing villagers from dead towns should be allowed but wording the rule for this specific case makes it very confusing. A player would not always know for sure if it used to be a town and it creates a grey area where players will break rules without realising. Therefore if there are specific instances where a town has died and you would like to steal the villagers please contact myself of Cryptite in game or on the forums and check if it is ok to do so.

Back