Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Question

Jedoi

Slicer
So the no advertising rule. I know it, I obey it, and when Wanderers come in and start advertising I tell them not to. But I don't exactly understand the rule. Like, what is the point? I understand the rest, spam is annoying, grief is just mean-ly unnecessary, blocking portals is trapping, but advertising, I see the rule on every server, yet I have never understood it. So, uh, what I'm asking is why advertising is not allowed.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Consider this scenario, you're throwing this huge party and everybody's having fun and whatnot, and these parties you throw are common occurrences. People always come to your parties. Then some person or couple of people come to your party that you nor any of your party-goers know and just start yelling "Hey! There's this way better party at _________ and you should all go there instead"

How would you feel if your party was essentially killed because some random people came and convinced all your people to leave it.

That's what advertising other servers is like when you do it in-game.

Jedoi

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Consider this scenario, you're throwing this huge party and everybody's having fun and whatnot, and these parties you throw are common occurrences. People always come to your parties. Then some person or couple of people come to your party that you nor any of your party-goers know and just start yelling "Hey! There's this way better party at _________ and you should all go there instead"

How would you feel if your party was essentially killed because some random people came and convinced all your people to leave it.

That's what advertising other servers is like when you do it in-game.

oooh, I get it. It gets people to leave the server. I get it now. Thanks.

Back