Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Reasowns Why Lowka Should Switch Two Towny Pwugin

TheFreshLemon

Slicer
Weason Won: It's not coower it's malo & you said reason wich make me cwy :(

Weason too: loak custom pwugin es epico :mad:

weason treee: wut...

Custom = Unique and brings something new. If it was just a regular bad towny plugin it'd be the same garbage plugin that every server uses. Loka is one of a kind m8 and it's great (besides grinding uwu).

SayreSlayer

Muted
I do wish loka had a better tutorial/retention generally. The vast majority of people from my servers joined loka, got confused by the tutorial, and left. Although conquest is important and the core of loka, the real lokan experience is the politics around conquest and managing your place in the lokan world. Out of the people who did stay, most just got ganked trying to make their towns or ganked in wilds and quit. Loka should never be towny and it is unique and beautiful. At the same time, it is wildy inaccessible, complex, and it's tutorial/start makes it look like a totally different server than it is. If there was a better tutorial that relfected that and maybe had the conquest tutorial later, I think it would make the server able to gain new members with ease

Last edited:

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
I do wish loka had a better tutorial/retention generally. The vast majority of people from my servers joined loka, got confused by the tutorial, and left. Although conquest is important and the core of loka, the real lokan experience is the politics around conquest and managing your place in the lokan world. Out of the people who did stay, most just got ganked trying to make their towns or ganked in wilds and quit. Loka should never be towny and it is unique and beautiful. At the same time, it is wildy inaccessible, complex, and it's tutorial/start makes it look like a totally different server than it is. If there was a better tutorial that relfected that and maybe had the conquest tutorial later, I think it would make the server able to gain new members with ease
It is a serious problem. Loka's tutorial throws you into a conquest fight straight up, which shouldn't be necessary if the fight is explained when they step on their own inhibitor. Honestly, the entire tutorial needs a complete redo, and should probably be digested within a video explaining everything.

SayreSlayer

Muted
It is a serious problem. Loka's tutorial throws you into a conquest fight straight up, which shouldn't be necessary if the fight is explained when they step on their own inhibitor. Honestly, the entire tutorial needs a complete redo, and should probably be digested within a video explaining everything.
agree

TheFreshLemon

Slicer
To even add on a lot of people come out of the tutorial still not knowing what they had just completed. So even in fights and things they don't know how to get charges or do core so it's also pointless.

FroggyFruit1357

The vast majority of people from my servers joined loka, got confused by the tutorial, and left.
This is something that I've been pretty avid about while I've been LCR. I've seen there are two types of people that join Loka. People who are only concerned with PvP and those who joined to see what Loka was about. My idea of camps really pushes new players into the Loka world and lengthens the tutorial out for those who do care enough, to start their own camp and get to know the basics outside of being blatantly told to kill a golem and stand near a lamp. Those who only care about PvP, should be able to learn about ancient ingots, warping to a fight, etc. The simple fact of people having to create youtube videos for their alliance members to warp, use AI's, etc, granted is ignorance, but people learn by doing and watching, not by reading descriptions of items.
At the same time, it is wildy inaccessible, complex, and it's tutorial/start makes it look like a totally different server than it is.
I wouldn't say the server is inaccessible, just complex for those used to cookie-cutter servers that all have the same at core concept. Loka is different in every way than anything most any player has experienced before so I can see it as difficult for them to understand.

I do 100% agree with your point of the tutorial being a completely different server. It forces you through the single charge fight for you to learn absolutely nothing. From what I've seen, people learn by being explained to what and why it is they are being taught and shown the skill. If you can use those two things before allowing someone to attempt it themselves, the retention rate of the information goes up drastically. I'd be willing to make an example t-gen fight tutorial whenever the tutorial revamp comes around.

SayreSlayer

Muted
wouldn't say the server is inaccessible, just complex for those used to cookie-cutter servers that all have the same at core concept. Loka is different in every way than anything most any player has experienced before so I can see it as difficult for them to understand.
i meant that loka is almost a completely different game than vanilla mc in most ways. you dont make farms for food, you make industries. you dont build a base, you make a town in a way thats poorly explained etc. although most servers use the same 2 plugins (towny factions etc), loka is kind of a weird mix that leaves people dejected when they coming in expecting either of those experiences.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
loka is kind of a weird mix that leaves people dejected when they coming in expecting either of those experiences.

Regrettably, tons of people tell their friends about this "Towny/factions" server called Loka, yet we are obviously not that and never have been. I understand that it's the closest-approximation of the server to help understand the kind of server Loka is, but people who cannot stomach Loka not being towny/factions will never do so, and so at some point there will just be lost players because of that.

I believe Mag has a more thorough post incoming soonish about this whole topic so I won't go deeper on our feelings here yet.

TheFreshLemon

Slicer
i meant that loka is almost a completely different game than vanilla mc in most ways. you dont make farms for food, you make industries. you dont build a base, you make a town in a way thats poorly explained etc. although most servers use the same 2 plugins (towny factions etc), loka is kind of a weird mix that leaves people dejected when they coming in expecting either of those experiences.
You still make farms, I just haven't done so in town O_O
But it's still not like Vanilla, you can only farm wheat (everywhere), Sugar cane near rivers, and then I think you can only farm the stuff in your region like bamboo and Melons for example.

Back