Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Revert Today’s Fishing Rod Update

mindblaster007

Every time something new comes along and starts getting used for raiding you guys patch it/remove it. Raiding has been slowly but surely getting killed off, which is sad because it used to be an appealing feature on Loka. I think the claim that it fishing rods and slow fall pots prevent towns from being built above ground is an absurdly bold-faced lie and quite frankly they should be added back. As long as towns follow the simple safety procedures and precautions these things aren’t OP at all, they just allow for possible entry/exit from a town. If said town uses pearlgates, makes sure to lock their doors/chests, and don’t afk outside of buildings, they are absolutely fine.

Tl;Dr For the sake of saving the PvE/Raiding community revert today’s fishing rod change and allow slowfall pots.

Last edited:

cookieIm

Muted
honestly fishing rods not working in towns is one of the most dumb updates in a while… they are mostly used for saying your friends stuck in town traps. no one is gonna wanna gank radars anymore either

scotrian

Sentry
Community Rep
Slow falling would be upright cancer for the PvP aspect of Loka. Please no. Fishing rods would be cool to have back, but not slow falling.

Andward

Slicer
such a stupid feature fishing rods arnt even that good in raiding they are literally just time savers, raiding is already difficult enough sorry here let me just find a .3cm hole into a town and crawl inside using pigs then have poison jumpboost to climb this walls please making towns unraidable isnt difficult

mimo4

Slicer
+1 rodding in foreign towns is completely fair play imo and its not really that overpowered

some of the most funny experiences i have had on loka was having to go rod people out of traps (or be rodded out of traps myself)

mindblaster007

Slow falling would be upright cancer for the PvP aspect of Loka. Please no. Fishing rods would be cool to have back, but not slow falling.
There is always the option of disabling them in conquest only. They also tend to come in handy in building at times.

scotrian

Sentry
Community Rep
There is always the option of disabling them in conquest only. They also tend to come in handy in building at times.
I guess, but they would also have to disable them in ganks and in just fights in general which would be hard to do. They are useful in building I can say that though, also they would have to provide a way to get phantom membranes in Loka as well.

cookieIm

Muted
also i have raided like 20 towns on loka and not once has a fishing rod helped me (it has only helped me raid the town faster by rodding in friends to help loot)

UNFALLEN

Muted
+1 since theres debuff resistance potion on loka it wont affect pvp and would make raiding easier and possibly funnier

Flgment

Slicer
+1 Rodding isnt as op as people think in raiding as they are normally used to just speed up ways to get to areas, and it was far more useful to people getting out of town traps than people raiding. But slowfalling being enabled in towns could cause some bad issue with how elytras work when flying into town borders.

Kotten

Slicer
+1 above ground towns don't get less raidable without fishing rods. Kb swords is the main reason to get over walls

mindblaster007

I guess, but they would also have to disable them in ganks and in just fights in general which would be hard to do. They are useful in building I can say that though, also they would have to provide a way to get phantom membranes in Loka as well.
I mean a good way to deal with it is also making debuff resistance also cover slowfalling. I mean phantom membranes could be a drop added in Infested tiles… phantom’s already spawn there.

Also, before anyone claims traps become useless that’s also not true, just use traps with cobwebs.

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
+1 above ground towns don't get less raidable without fishing rods. Kb swords is the main reason to get over walls
And fishing rods is the main way people are yeeted an infinite y distance up *out* of those walls. People need to make an escape with items too.

It’s not the only way to escape or even to get in, just the most ridiculously OP way.

cookieIm

Muted
And fishing rods is the main way people are yeeted an infinite y distance up *out* of those walls. People need to make an escape with items too.

It’s not the only way to escape or even to get in, just the most ridiculously OP way.
you can just only rod people a few blocks higher than you are standing and if there is no way onto those walls without rods how are you going to rod someone onto them

bat3415

Staff member
Elder
you can just only rod people a few blocks higher than you are standing and if there is no way onto those walls without rods how are you going to rod someone onto them
Okay. You are raiding a town that wants to use up a bunch of their tile, so they build their walls still punch bow distance from the outside, but they know it leaves them a little exposed, so they build their town so that there is no echest access, and so players can’t get back onto the walls from the inside using any combination of bowing, jump boost, or speed pots. How do you get that player and/or their items back out, with no ability to get yourself back over the other wall, due to designing the town like one big trap for raiders?

This is how many above ground towns choose to design to maximize safety, in lieu of building their town entirely underground.

mimo4

Slicer

its not ridiculously OP at all. if a towns infrastructure lets you get to high ground and allows you to rod people over to spots that might get the town raided, then i think thats purely the fault of the town

Andward

Slicer

to fishing rod somebody up you need to atleast BE on the wall and to be on the wall you need to climb it first so whats the point

mindblaster007

Okay. You are raiding a town that wants to use up a bunch of their tile, so they build their walls still punch bow distance from the outside, but they know it leaves them a little exposed, so they build their town so that there is no echest access, and so players can’t get back onto the walls from the inside using any combination of bowing, jump boost, or speed pots. How do you get that player and/or their items back out, with no ability to get yourself back over the other wall, due to designing the town like one big trap for raiders?

This is how many above ground towns choose to design to maximize safety, in lieu of building their town entirely underground.
This is ludicrous because by this logic there is no need for door locking anymore or chest security. Door and trapdoor locking is the main reason rods aren’t OP. If they follow simple safety, there is no threat from rods making towns super raidable.

Back